Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IC Marseille Hotel Dieu Master Thread [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23, 2022, 6:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Review of my stay
Old May 5, 2022, 4:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Been wanting to stay here since the hotel opened. Unfortunately when I got to my room I realized it had been open a long time! The property is beautiful and in a nice location. The rooms haven't been renovated, though, and are showing their age. Carpets appear to be new, but everything else (walls, furniture, etc.) was dinged and damaged. The shower was musty and moldy. The room had no ventilation whatsoever - nothing was sucking humid air out of the bathroom, and the AC system didn't work at all - the room was 25+ degrees C the whole time. Fortunately I'm one of those people who doesn't mind a hot room, but it would have been better to have it available.

Housekeeping ignored my "do not disturb" and was also not deterred by me having the deadbolt engaged and burst into my room at an inopportune time with almost no notice. Validates my usual policy that I didn't follow - always using both deadbolts and chains/other locks whenever I'm in my hotel room.

The hotel is also not the easiest to get to on foot - long stairway to get up to the lobby, and they close the gates to the stairs in the early evening, which means you have to walk up a narrow and twisty driveway, where you're in danger of being hit by inattentive drivers coming around a curve.

Toiletries in regular rooms is bois d'oliver by Compagnie de Provence.

Overall I don't think I'd stay here again until the rooms are renovated.
est-gratuite and travelista like this.
Old May 5, 2022, 6:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by Doppy

Overall I don't think I'd stay here again until the rooms are renovated.
I don’t know what kind of rooms you got, but Executive rooms with terrace overlooking the harbour are in perfect condition.
marcel.baden likes this.
Old May 5, 2022, 7:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by nicolas75
I don’t know what kind of rooms you got, but Executive rooms with terrace overlooking the harbour are in perfect condition.
As are the Privilege suites. Fabulous rooms.
nicolas75 likes this.
Old May 5, 2022, 8:32 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Did you complain about the condition of the room? What was their response? The property claims to be 5*, they would address any of the difficulties you faced rather quickly during the stay?
Old May 5, 2022, 11:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I didn't complain, it was a short stay and sometimes trying to get problems rectified is worse than leaving them alone. When there's a problem requiring an engineer to fix, hotels will usually be like "someone will be up in the next few hours," which is not great when you discover a problem at night. I also don't want to change rooms in these situations when I'm ready for bed.

I don't know what the room type was - pretty sure I booked the cheapest, and as only a platinum, the front desk agent didn't say anything about an upgrade at check in.
Old Jul 3, 2022, 7:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Full review of my stay in July 2022
Old Sep 19, 2022, 5:34 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors, Marriott Bonvoy, Accor, Hyatt, (Former IHG Ambassador)
I'm having difficulty understanding the difference between room types "Classic Harbour View Terrace" and "Premium Harbour View Terrace".

Since both room types state they have a harbour view AND a terrace, what is the advantage of the premium room ?
Are the classic rooms on a lower floor, or on the side wings, and you see less of the harbour ?
Or maybe the classic rooms have a shared terrace, while the privilege ones are private terraces ?

Any help appreciated.

Also, it seems this hotel only has valet parking at 49 euro per day.
Are there any cheaper alternatives ?
Old Sep 19, 2022, 8:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by est-gratuite
Wow, I paid 35 euros for parking last year. Or 29.17 HT. That's quite a jump. Sure you could park in a garage for less, but then you would have that big climb up the stairs with your bags! But if you do not need your car during your stay, you could park perhaps cheaper by the train station and take a taxi to the hotel.

Sorry I don't know the new room names well enough. But I am pretty sure there aren't any rooms that share a terrace. Or rather there are walls on the terrace that separate each room.
est-gratuite likes this.
Old Sep 19, 2022, 9:01 pm
Formerly known as newbie elite

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, Accor Platinum, AC50K
I'm having difficulty understanding the difference between room types "Classic Harbour View Terrace" and "Premium Harbour View Terrace".

Since both room types state they have a harbour view AND a terrace, what is the advantage of the premium room ?
Are the classic rooms on a lower floor, or on the side wings, and you see less of the harbour ?
Or maybe the classic rooms have a shared terrace, while the privilege ones are private terraces ?

Any help appreciated.

I have never been to IC Marseilles, but in every IC that I have stayed in Classic rooms are usually not as recently renovated and not in newer wings/floors, where premium rooms are usually larger and the most recently renovated, they also have better location usually.
Old Sep 20, 2022, 1:30 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Parking in the nearby public facility is easy and much cheaper. You can drive up to the IC, park in front of the entrance, unload, checkin go to your room and then come down and park the car in the public garage. The walk is not that difficult. The valet attendants will allow you to park in front the hotel. They may roll their eyes, but that is their problem.
est-gratuite likes this.
Old Sep 20, 2022, 3:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by oliver2002
Parking in the nearby public facility is easy and much cheaper.
Indeed
The Vieux Port Hotel de Ville parking costs only EUR15 for 24 hours.
est-gratuite likes this.
Old Oct 9, 2022, 4:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Detailed review of my stay in October 2022
Old Oct 9, 2022, 9:08 am

Programs: all
Exclamation

one thing I like about this property is the architect’s design. The glass ceiling in the lobby brings in enough light. The dark decor instills emotions of stability and not gloom. Very good feng shui.

Originally Posted by nicolas75
Detailed review of my stay in October 2022
Old Nov 8, 2022, 8:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

I just had another wonderful stay, again with an upgrade to the Harbor View Prestige suite.

And I can verify that valet parking is currently 39 euros per day. Not 49.
nicolas75 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.