FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   InterContinental Hotels | IHG One Rewards and Intercontinental Ambassador (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/intercontinental-hotels-ihg-one-rewards-intercontinental-ambassador-426/)
-   -   IDEX 1 \ 2FoR1 no avail. (not a usual rant!) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/intercontinental-hotels-ihg-one-rewards-intercontinental-ambassador/1425155-idex-1-2for1-no-avail-not-usual-rant.html)

olegator Jan 7, 2013 12:19 pm

IDEX 1 \ 2FoR1 no avail. (not a usual rant!)

Cannot book Idex1 aka 2for1 in any hotel EMEA.

Tried usual places - Germany, Spain, Russia - no avail.

Can you guys check it from your side and share result with me?

Juts a glitch for me - or a new system-wide change?

big_mac Jan 7, 2013 12:51 pm

without spending a lot of time checking, I am seeing availability for weekends only.

Amyrlin Jan 7, 2013 1:11 pm

Just checked a couple of hotels were it was available midweek when I checked a few days ago, and it has disappeared from them, but still avail. weekends.

WilcoRoger Jan 7, 2013 2:02 pm

IC BUD has had no issues for after-Xmas and after-new year's dates for 2-4-1 rates. New Year's Eve and night before was not available, got them for points.

olegator Jan 7, 2013 3:53 pm

Originally Posted by WilcoRoger (Post 19995944)
IC BUD has had no issues for after-Xmas and after-new year's dates for 2-4-1 rates. New Year's Eve and night before was not available, got them for points.

Your experience is from the past - can you check something in the future please?

2for1 used to work just few days ago without problem - now not.

marko4ever29 Jan 7, 2013 6:41 pm

Originally Posted by olegator (Post 19996759)
Your experience is from the past - can you check something in the future please?

2for1 used to work just few days ago without problem - now not.

yup it seems to be broken not working on any hotels at all

Cybrandian Jan 8, 2013 2:53 am

Originally Posted by big_mac (Post 19995382)
without spending a lot of time checking, I am seeing availability for weekends only.

Seems to be working via www.greenroom.co.uk/alumni link

olegator Jan 8, 2013 3:37 am

Alumni or not - it is the very same Idex1 - still not working from my side :( only sometimes at weekends.

ag51 Jan 8, 2013 5:22 am

Are we sure the rate code is still IDEX1? The link I have been using no longer shows the 2-4-1 in the list of rates, this has changed at some point in the last 7 days as it worked okay last week.

http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/ihg/hot...eference=IDEX1

Edited to add: using the 'alumni' link above, I can see that the rate code is still IDEX1 and lots of weekend availability at UK properties, but the 'Exclusive 2 for 1' rate is still not displayed in the list of rates. Can't find any weekday availability, even at hotels where this hasn't been a problem.

tyroleandancer Jan 8, 2013 6:00 am

Not good :( have been successfully using the links for months.

olympian Jan 8, 2013 6:46 am

I think that Exclusive Prepaid A rate is also being affected in the same way as 2-4-1 ie only showing availability Fri/Sat/Sun nights.

krausolany Jan 8, 2013 7:29 am

Originally Posted by olegator (Post 20000325)
Alumni or not - it is the very same Idex1 - still not working from my side :( only sometimes at weekends.

Same here for hotels in Germany. Seems like they changed something starting Jan 2013. In December there was lots of availability during (the low season) summer months in Germany, now everything is gone :confused:

kleinms Jan 8, 2013 2:57 pm

2 4 1 rate

I just booked the IC Budapest in April on the 2-4-1 rate. Did the same for the IC Vienna in April. 2-4-1 did not work for the IC in Prague on required April dates, neither did the Prepaid A rate (probably not accepting for those dates). But overall, the IDEX1 still seems to be working in Europe.

big_mac Jan 8, 2013 3:17 pm

Originally Posted by kleinms (Post 20004723)
I just booked the IC Budapest in April on the 2-4-1 rate. Did the same for the IC Vienna in April. 2-4-1 did not work for the IC in Prague on required April dates, neither did the Prepaid A rate (probably not accepting for those dates). But overall, the IDEX1 still seems to be working in Europe.

Were the successful bookings for weekends?

Raffles Jan 9, 2013 1:12 am

I looked at a few dates yesterday and agree, just seems to be weekends now. Same for the 342.