Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ambassador and free weekend night voucher

Search this Thread

Old Aug 6, 2021, 4:22 pm

Programs: IC Amb.,FB,Hertz,Sixt
In my experience it takes a while to show as used , I would not try to use it again !
dimon84 and southlondonphil like this.
Old Aug 7, 2021, 10:33 am
ymx

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, AA EXP, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hyatt Explorist
Kimpton is running a summer sale through tomorrow. Can the Ambassador free weekend night voucher be combined with this sale? If so what's the best way to book? Thanks!
Old Aug 7, 2021, 12:01 pm

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by ymx
Kimpton is running a summer sale through tomorrow. Can the Ambassador free weekend night voucher be combined with this sale? If so what's the best way to book? Thanks!
​​​no. The only rate you can book is the ambassador weekend rate.
Old Aug 13, 2021, 1:32 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, BA Silver
Can anyone confirm that the ambassador weekend cert CANNOT be used at the Venetian/Palazzo in Las Vegas?
Old Aug 14, 2021, 9:22 am

Programs: IC/AMB - Diamond Elite, AC E50K, AA, AM-Onyx, HH-Diamond, BW, Choice - Gold
As per the Ambassador Program Terms and Conditions:

InterContinental Alliance Resorts

37. The following benefits exceptions are applicable when staying at InterContinental Alliance Resorts:

a. Complimentary water will be provided on the day of arrival and will not be replenished daily.

b. Royal Ambassador: minibar credit will be capped at USD50 per day and USD100 per stay.

c. InterContinental Ambassador one category and Royal Ambassador two category room upgrades are subject to availability.

38. The following benefits are not applicable when staying at InterContinental Alliance Resorts:

a. Complimentary weekend night

b. InterContinental Ambassador Restaurant and Bar credit up to USD20 for Ambassador Platinum members when staying at InterContinental Alliance Resorts, Macao

c. Royal Ambassador Club InterContinental lounge access/alternate experience access

d. Royal Ambassador breakfast for two when staying at The Venetian Resort and Palazzo at The Venetian, Las Vegas

39. The benefits Guarantee is not applicable at InterContinental Alliance Resorts
Enigma368 likes this.
Old Aug 15, 2021, 8:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
Originally Posted by ymx
yes but you need to book like this

1 - book 2 night stay using the BOGOF. Remember when using the voucher for Kimpton it can be any two consecutive nights not just a weekend.

2 - book remainder of the stay as normal

3 - email the hotel saying I have this booking ref and the other booking ref asking to be kept in the same room.
Old Oct 17, 2021, 1:27 pm

Programs: UA Platinum; IHG Diamond Ambassador
Has the ambassador weekend rate now become a non qualifying rate, and not eligible to earn points on the stay? Just booked a weekend for next Summer. Looking at the confirmation now and it says this stay will earn zero points. It could be an error alongside all the IT shenanigans from this past week but it could also be another deterioration of ambassador benefits (hoping it’s the former).

NEVERMIND: it seems to be some sort of glitch. I’ve played around and tried to book other reservations (different dates, rates, hotels) and they all also show 0 points. Hope they take care of this soon.

Last edited by ARR72; Oct 17, 2021 at 7:04 pm Reason: Update to original
Old Dec 11, 2021, 11:40 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by ARR72
Has the ambassador weekend rate now become a non qualifying rate, and not eligible to earn points on the stay? Just booked a weekend for next Summer. Looking at the confirmation now and it says this stay will earn zero points. It could be an error alongside all the IT shenanigans from this past week but it could also be another deterioration of ambassador benefits (hoping it’s the former).

NEVERMIND: it seems to be some sort of glitch. I’ve played around and tried to book other reservations (different dates, rates, hotels) and they all also show 0 points. Hope they take care of this soon.
I have the same question. Are the AMB weekend rates non-qualifying? I checked out of the IC Presidente Cancun a few days ago. It was a four night stay -- first two nights on Ambassador Weekend rate, second two nights on a regular rate.

Yesterday I got points and stay credit posted only for the second two nights. No stay credits and only 72 points for F&B on the first two nights (ambassador weekend rate).

Is this correct or should I follow up with the property or with an email to IHG rewards?

I do have a confirming email with an estimate of how many thousands of points I'd earn on the Ambassador weekend nights
Old Dec 11, 2021, 1:44 pm

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by jphripjah
I have the same question. Are the AMB weekend rates non-qualifying? I checked out of the IC Presidente Cancun a few days ago. It was a four night stay -- first two nights on Ambassador Weekend rate, second two nights on a regular rate.

Yesterday I got points and stay credit posted only for the second two nights. No stay credits and only 72 points for F&B on the first two nights (ambassador weekend rate).

Is this correct or should I follow up with the property or with an email to IHG rewards?

I do have a confirming email with an estimate of how many thousands of points I'd earn on the Ambassador weekend nights
They are qualifying and if it doesn't credit as such, write in.
The confirmation email will likely have the wrong number of points, though, as that is based on two paid nights, and you will only get the points for what you actually paid.
EDIflyer likes this.
Old Dec 12, 2021, 1:45 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
In my experience, these stays have always been qualifying. I can't recall ever having to request credit separately.

-FlyerBeek
jongesander likes this.
Old Dec 12, 2021, 2:26 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Probably the hotel not having a clue how to properly process and post that stay. Usual main issue is taking rate paid and "halfing" it across both nights. That triggers the IHG over 30% deviation / discount versus standard type rates "logic / business rule" and the stay posts as non qualifying.

Right way would be to leave paid first night as is and make second night zero. Then it should post properly as qualifying stay with 1 qualifying night, though at times it'll post as two qualifying nights. YMMV.
FlyerBeek and EDIflyer like this.
Old Dec 12, 2021, 5:51 am

Programs: IC Amb.,FB,Hertz,Sixt
It has happened to me a couple of times, I just called Ambassador and it was fixed

Last edited by ninjalad; Dec 17, 2021 at 4:12 pm
Old Dec 13, 2021, 12:26 am

Is the free night applied at checkout (ie. when you book online, you see the pre-discounted price before one day's rate is taken off)?
Old Dec 13, 2021, 12:29 am

Programs: BA S, VS S, SQ G, HH D, IHG D/A, Marriott G, Radisson G, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by bigcahonna
Is the free night applied at checkout (ie. when you book online, you see the pre-discounted price before one day's rate is taken off)?
Yes, the online booking will contain text re what should happen (re 2nd night being free) but will show the non-discounted rates. The property then has to process it - some still expect an old paper voucher but nowadays they take it from your account.
Old Dec 13, 2021, 12:29 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by bigcahonna
Yes.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.