Ambassador Renewal Going up to $150 August 2012

Old Jan 25, 2013, 6:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
ok, I was a R.Ambassador and while being a R.Ambassador I received an RA referral cert. So in an email from Amb services they congratulated me on my RA renewal, etc.

Today I receive complimentary Ambassador renewal kit. So my question is will I also receive my RA kit?
Old Jan 26, 2013, 10:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by djjaguar64
ok, I was a R.Ambassador and while being a R.Ambassador I received an RA referral cert. So in an email from Amb services they congratulated me on my RA renewal, etc.

Today I receive complimentary Ambassador renewal kit. So my question is will I also receive my RA kit?
You might, that would be great deal for you.
Old Mar 25, 2013, 3:18 am

Programs: BAGold; AA3MMPlat; UA1MMGold; FBGold; MarriottAmb; AccorPlat; HHGold; ICPlatAmb; HyattDiscoverist
Depositing the 5K points

What's the current web address to deposit the 5K points? My voucher letter (which I just remembered) has intercontinental.com/AmbassadorVoucher, which is not working.
Old Apr 26, 2013, 6:13 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K 1MM (finally!), IHG AMB-Spire, HH Diamond
For the pay renewal option it says you get a 10% rebate on award nights

I already get a 10% rebate for using my PC Chase Visa

Will these stack - i.e. get two 10% rebates for each award night?

Thanks!
Old Apr 27, 2013, 2:25 am

Programs: VA Platinum, QF Lifetime silver (ex plat :(), Accor Gold, IHG Ambassador, PC Platinum, Starwood Gold
Originally Posted by rfrost
What's the current web address to deposit the 5K points? My voucher letter (which I just remembered) has intercontinental.com/AmbassadorVoucher, which is not working.
i am having this issue too..
Old Apr 30, 2013, 1:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

**You will receive 10% of redeemed points back on all Reward Night redemptions for 12 months. Please allow 4 to 6 weeks after each Reward Nights stay for rebated points to be deposited into your account. The maximum number of points to be rebated shall not exceed 100,000 points in a calendar year. Not applicable on non-Reward Night redemption items.
Does it apply to reservations made prior to renewal with actual stays happening after renewal?

Also the same question of getting both 10% PC visa and 10% AMB rebates - any clarity there?

Thanks!

BTW this link for point deposit works for me: priorityclub.com/deposit

Last edited by azepine00; Apr 30, 2013 at 1:39 pm
Old May 2, 2013, 10:45 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K 1MM (finally!), IHG AMB-Spire, HH Diamond

I did a search and somewhere else (another thread) it was pointed out that Yes - you get 2 10% Rebates for having AMB and the Visa.
Old May 15, 2013, 5:34 am

Programs: Some, not all.
Originally Posted by azepine00
Does it apply to reservations made prior to renewal with actual stays happening after renewal?
I'm just about to renew my Ambassador membership and it seems the "Renew for $200 USD and receive 15,000* bonus Priority Club Rewards points plus a 10%** rebate on Reward Nights" is a no brainer. The 15k is worth $105 (using the cash + points valuation of 10k = $70), and with 200k+ of reward nights already booked that'll be another $140 - so I'm $45 ahead.

Just to to be belt and braces, can anyone confirm that reward nights booked before renewal definitely get the 10% rebate? Also, would two rooms for the same hotel/nights both get the rebate or just one?
Old May 15, 2013, 6:30 am

Programs: Oneworld, Avios and IHG Spire Ambassador
Originally Posted by 21H21J
Just to to be belt and braces, can anyone confirm that reward nights booked before renewal definitely get the 10% rebate? Also, would two rooms for the same hotel/nights both get the rebate or just one?
Good questions indeed and I'd love to know the answer as I intend taking the whole family to NYC in 2014 on Points and this would make a massive difference, especially as the free night alone would be far more than the $200 fee in NYC, before even factoring in guaranteed upgrades and the like
Old May 15, 2013, 12:50 pm

[QUOTE=azepine00;20677234]Does it apply to reservations made prior to renewal with actual stays happening after renewal?

When I renewed for the first time with this 10% rebate offer, I already had some reward night reservations booked for the upcoming year, i.e. after renewal.
As the rebate was for 12 months and the bookings were in my membership year, I thought no more of it and just waited for the points to arrive after I had made my stay.
After receiving no rebate points to my account after the 6 weeks, I contacted Ambassador who informed me that I was not entitled to any rebate points as I had made the bookings prior to my renewal.
Explaining that the bookings were in my membership year and not out of it and that the rebate was for the 12 months, they still said I was not entitled to the points as I had made the bookings prior to renewal.
They said I would have received the points if I had cancelled my original bookings and rebooked identical stays.
This years subsequent renewal was not a problem.
So if you are renewing your Ambassador membership with the rebate option for the first time, cancel all of of your reward stays first and then renew. Once your membership has been updated, rebook all of your stays again so that you will be entitled to your rebate points. Otherwise you will not receive them.
Old May 15, 2013, 4:38 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl

My Ambassador renewal is due at the end of June but I have a question about the timing of the renewal. Problem is that June is not a good month for the annual renewal because the expiration of the 2for1 Weekend Voucher would be June 2014 and I don't plan on being able to use it by then.

I would prefer to have the renewal in October 2013 so the Weekend 2for1 voucher would expire in October 2014.

Will I be able to renew in October (3 months after current membership has expired) to push the expiration of the Weekend 2for1 off till 2014? Or do I need to renew before the current membership expires in June?
Old May 15, 2013, 5:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by christianj
My Ambassador renewal is due at the end of June but I have a question about the timing of the renewal. Problem is that June is not a good month for the annual renewal because the expiration of the 2for1 Weekend Voucher would be June 2014 and I don't plan on being able to use it by then.

I would prefer to have the renewal in October 2013 so the Weekend 2for1 voucher would expire in October 2014.

Will I be able to renew in October (3 months after current membership has expired) to push the expiration of the Weekend 2for1 off till 2014? Or do I need to renew before the current membership expires in June?
No matter when you do it the renewal will be based on current expiration
Old May 15, 2013, 6:54 pm

No matter when you do it the renewal will be based on current expiration
Now I'm really confused!

So regardless of when I renew the membership will end June 2014? That doesn't seem logical at all and would give someone a membership for less than a year if they renewed several months after their current membership expired.

To clarify and maybe this is what I should have asked before:

1. Do I have to renew @ $150 prior to the expiration of my current membership? (This would then give me another 12 months membership from the current expiration.)
2. Could I renew a couple of months later @ $150 after my current membership has expired or would I then be required to pay $200.
3. What would the expiration date be based on Option #2? 12 months from the date I renewed/signed-up or 12 months from original membership ending date?
Old May 15, 2013, 9:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by christianj
Now I'm really confused!

So regardless of when I renew the membership will end June 2014? That doesn't seem logical at all and would give someone a membership for less than a year if they renewed several months after their current membership expired.

..?
Well the idea and the definition of renewal is to continue the existing membership so nothing illogical here. If you want to let it drop and then start over a few months later you most certainly can but the fee for new AMB would be $200 vs $150 for renewal without a gap.
Old May 16, 2013, 6:11 am

Well the idea and the definition of renewal is to continue the existing membership so nothing illogical here. If you want to let it drop and then start over a few months later you most certainly can but the fee for new AMB would be $200 vs $150 for renewal without a gap.
Thanks for the clarification! Much appreciated!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.