FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   InterContinental Hotels | IHG One Rewards and Intercontinental Ambassador (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/intercontinental-hotels-ihg-one-rewards-intercontinental-ambassador-426/)
-   -   InterContinental Montreal Master Thread (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/intercontinental-hotels-ihg-one-rewards-intercontinental-ambassador/1325009-intercontinental-montreal-master-thread.html)

canesfan Feb 17, 2015 9:39 am

Have a question, if one books Tourelle Suite as an Ambassador, what would the upgrade be? Thinking of booking this using BOGO.

strikerr Mar 12, 2015 3:14 pm

Originally Posted by canesfan (Post 24366457)
Have a question, if one books Tourelle Suite as an Ambassador, what would the upgrade be? Thinking of booking this using BOGO.

I have a stay in the Tourelle Suite for March 20-22 as a Plat Ambassador using a BOGO. I will report back after my stay

strikerr Mar 19, 2015 8:11 am

Originally Posted by canesfan (Post 24366457)

I don't check in until tomorrow but looking at my reservation they upgraded me to the King IC Club Suite.

http://montreal.intercontinental.com...ms/illustrious

BrightlyBob Mar 19, 2015 10:10 am

I'm going to Canada for my Honeymoon in the summer and am spending 3 nights in Montreal as part of a trip down memory lane for my wife who spent her teenage years there. It's not exactly the romantic part of the trip but I'm looking for quality accommodation and am torn between the Marriott Chateau Champlain and the IC. Personally I prefer the position of the IC.

As we've blown the budget on the rest of the holiday I'm looking to save a few $$$ here. The Marriotts coming in at $770 for the 3 nights and as I'm a plat I do get access to the lounge, and a very likely non-suite upgrade. Not that the lounge is worth that much, apparently. The IC is priced at $700, so cheaper but as IHG Plat without the lounge access. However lowcostholidays.com is offering my 3 nights at the IC at £295 ($550). It's not BRG-able as its in GBP. Nor will it qualify for points, but it's cheap, it works out at less than $150/night (before taxes and 2nd adult charge) which seems to be the minimum price at this hotel.

So to my question. On a non-IHG booked room at Rock-bottom rate what are my chances as an IHG Plat of an upgrade, club access, free wifi, in fact anything other than the worst room in the property featuring elevators to the left, ice machine to the right and a dumpster view with matching aromas?

jmd001 Mar 19, 2015 10:50 am

Originally Posted by BrightlyBob (Post 24532605)
... what are my chances as an IHG Plat of an upgrade, club access, free wifi, in fact anything other than the worst room in the property ...?

In May 2014, as an IHG Platinum and IC (regular, not Royal) Ambassador using a combination of BOGO and AAA rates for 7 nights, we got a reasonably nice room upgrade to a regular corner room with an OK view about halfway up (don't remember the floor).

WiFi was comped, but for lounge access had to pay 40 CAD/night for the two of us. Was led to believe it was normally 40 CAD per person, but was offered (and took) the 40-CAD-for-two rate. Unsure if the offer was due to Plat or Ambassador status ... or a combination of the two. (Thinking of it as 20 CAD per person, both ms. jmd001 and I felt it was a reasonable rate for the quantity and quality of food and beverages we got since access was not a guaranteed benefit of with IHG Platinum or IC Ambassador).

touristtrap Mar 26, 2015 3:19 pm

Breakfast included/offered for the Club room guests?

Thanks

strikerr Apr 5, 2015 9:22 pm

Originally Posted by touristtrap (Post 24570304)
Breakfast included/offered for the Club room guests?

Thanks

Yes breakfast, small plates in the evening, and drinks from 6 to 8

Bob Jul 6, 2015 11:27 am

As between the Montreal IC and Westin is there a clear winner?

djjaguar64 Jul 8, 2015 5:45 pm

Originally Posted by Bob (Post 25077375)
As between the Montreal IC and Westin is there a clear winner?

Westin is a better hotel.

SFOvacations Oct 21, 2015 4:08 pm

How flexible are they with late check-outs (4pm)? IHG Platinum only, with no Ambassador status.

BRAISKI Nov 4, 2015 11:49 am

Is alcohol free at the Club Lounge?

stimpy Nov 4, 2015 11:51 am

Originally Posted by BRAISKI (Post 25663335)
Is alcohol free at the Club Lounge?

Yes.

BRAISKI Nov 4, 2015 11:55 am

Originally Posted by stimpy (Post 25663353)
Yes.

Gotta love Montreal for this hahaha, always bothers me when I stay @ IC Toronto Centre and being used to the EU IC!

stimpy Nov 4, 2015 11:57 am

Originally Posted by BRAISKI (Post 25663378)
Gotta love Montreal for this hahaha, always bothers me when I stay @ IC Toronto Centre and being used to the EU IC!

I never pay at the Toronto Centre either. They have that sign, but I never pay and no one ever asks me.

BRAISKI Nov 4, 2015 12:12 pm

Originally Posted by stimpy (Post 25663392)
I never pay at the Toronto Centre either. They have that sign, but I never pay and no one ever asks me.

I see, I always wondered about not paying for it but never really tried it. Their prices were outrageous!

It wasn't a huge deal for RA but they its different selection, especially wine.