Address
Holiday Inn Nrnberg City Center
Engelhardsgasse 12,
90402 Nrnberg, Deutschland

Tel +49 911 242500

Link to hotel
www.ihg.com/holidayinn/hotels/gb/en/nuernberg/nuecc/hoteldetail

Public transportation
Closest station Plrrer, served by subway lines U1, U2, U3 and tram line 4 and tram line 6. Main Station is two stations away and walkable with hand luggage.
Print Wikipost

Holiday Inn Nuremberg (Master Thread)

Old Aug 1, 2005, 10:07 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Gold, Priority Club Blue, SPG Gold, Sofitel Gold, FB Ivory, BA Blue
Holiday Inn Nuremberg (Master Thread)

Well, having been visiting Bavaria's second city on a semi regular basis over the last year, I finally have a place where I can earn PC points. And quite a nice place it is. It is situated in the seedier side of the city centre (the red light district) and a minute's walk from a tube station for getting to and from work.

The reception was friendly enough though I had to ask twice for them to record my Priority Club number against the booking. I don't believe I've been upgraded on this occasion but I never expect this the first time I stay.

The room itself is spacious with a reasonable sized bathroom, double bed (with lots of big pillows), an armchair, a desk and (most importantly) air conditioning.

The buffet breakfast was excellent with plenty of healthy and unhealthy options (not to mention half decent coffee).

The only dissapointment has been the TV. It is supposed to include BBC1 and BBC World but these seem to have been replaced with two additional German channels. A complaint to reception this morning has failed to remedy this. I shall persist!

I'm now on the second night of a five night stay and intend to make this my hotel in Nuremberg in for future stays.

Regards
I
Old Jan 12, 2012, 12:18 am

Programs: BMI DC Gold, BA Gold, LH SEN, Priority Club Platinum, Nectar purple
HI Nuremberg, Germany

I just had a four night stay here whilst on some business in the area. Very impressed with the hotel; one of the best Holiday Inn's have stayed in.

The hotel is situated very close to the city centre, just inside the city wall and within short walking distance to the main railway station (10 mins) and U-Bahn station (1 min). There are numerous restaurants all within a short walk of the hotel.

The hotel building seems fairly new, but the design is sympathetic to the local surroundings and blends in well. My room (on the 6th floor), which had a good view of the city wall, had a well appointed bathroom, large bed, flat screen tv, iron, safe and fridge.

Internet access is free - just ask for a code from reception. If you don't have a laptop, there are four computers in the lobby that are free to use.

The breakfast was excellent; a menu with a cooked food selection, plus a buffet with the usual meat, fruit, muesli, yoghurt, bread etc. Even though the breakfast room was busy, service was fast. I think I had a pot of tea within a couple of minutes of sitting down every day.

I only tried the restaurant once in the evening, and while the service was good, I wasn't too impressed with the food. However, this may have just been the dish that I ordered and I would be happy to go back and try something else.

Reception, breakfast and cleaning staff were all friendly and polite. Taxi's can be ordered at reception and arrive from a nearby taxi rank in a couple of minutes.

Nuremberg itself is a very attractive city, with plenty to see and do. I only had a short time to look around as I was working most of the time, but I am planning to return with my wife for a long weekend.

A word of warning: the hotel is very close to the red light district and some of the reviews on Tripadvisor (particularly from American visitors) were very negative because of this. I walked through the area every evening on my way back to the hotel, and at no point felt uncomfortable or at risk.
cln likes this.
Old Jan 12, 2012, 12:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA:EXP/1MM. Accor/Radisson:Silver; HH:Gold; ICH:Plt Amb.
I stayed there right before Christmas (on Pointsbreaks of course). I had a room in the "residences wing". Which was near the back side of the hotel. It was your regular room with a kitchenette inside. Which was great because it had a stove top with cooking equipment; so I bought some local sausages from the butchershop and grilled them in the pan. Good thing the windows open up.

As for the red-light alley. I cut across there one night coming back to the hotel. As each girl would tap on the window at me, I would just laugh and shake my head, saying "I'm gay" . But it was funny to see the drunk guys trying to bargain with them outside the windows.
Old Mar 30, 2012, 3:32 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat., HHonors gold, IHG Plat., Accor gold, IC Amb, Hertz #1 club, Sixt plat.
The hotel is great! Stayed there recently on pointbreaks. Definitely one of the better HIs. Very quiet rooms even though it is pretty much downtown. Great English pub in the neighborhood.
Red light? Not more or less safe than other areas of the city. Red light districts in Germany are common to go out these days (see Reeperbahn in Hamburg, Steintor in Hannover for example) as party location are side by side to whorehouses. No reason at all to worry about.
Old Jul 13, 2022, 2:08 pm

Programs: DL PM MM SC; GE; Bonvoy Titanium; IHG Diamond
At the risk of violating FT protocol by bumping old threads, I was wondering if anyone had a recent stay at this property. There aren't a ton of 2022 reviews online and I'm curious if breakfast is back to normal (I assume as a Diamond, under the new rules, it will be included) and if proximity to the red list district is an issue.
Old Jul 14, 2022, 2:41 pm

Programs: AC SE, BA Gold
Originally Posted by ShopAround
At the risk of violating FT protocol by bumping old threads, I was wondering if anyone had a recent stay at this property. There aren't a ton of 2022 reviews online and I'm curious if breakfast is back to normal (I assume as a Diamond, under the new rules, it will be included) and if proximity to the red list district is an issue.
I stayed there last month. Full normal breakfast, got it for free as Diamond. No issues with the area. One of the best HI's out there.
ShopAround and Fims like this.
Old Jul 14, 2022, 3:26 pm

Programs: DL PM MM SC; GE; Bonvoy Titanium; IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by iwillflytheworld
I stayed there last month. Full normal breakfast, got it for free as Diamond. No issues with the area. One of the best HI's out there.
Thanks very much for your input, that's good to hear. I feel more comfortable now.
Old Jun 4, 2023, 5:30 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Any recent stay experience? Any one use the parking garage while staying here? Thanks in advance.
Old Jun 5, 2023, 12:52 am
BOH

Programs: IC Hotels Spire, BA Gold
Originally Posted by jlcchien
Any recent stay experience? Any one use the parking garage while staying here? Thanks in advance.
Yes, I stayed there with my partner 3 weeks ago for 3 nights. Great hotel, we got upgraded to a huge room with a small rooftop patio and kitchenette. As a Diamond member the breakfast was free and was a really comprehensive buffet.

Some have mentioned it is in the heart of the red light area but all was absolutely fine. It was never intimidating or noisy, my partner and I walked through it on two of the three nights to get back to our hotel and all good. If you want to avoid it, just turn left out of the hotel and walk into the city centre that way - is about 7-10 minutes walk.

Sorry, we didn't use the parking.
TeflonMan and jlcchien like this.
Old Jun 25, 2023, 6:38 am

Programs: AA GLD 1.xMM, MAR SLV, HH DMND, IHG PLT
Parking info

Originally Posted by jlcchien
Stayed here 1 night. It took forever to get to the hotel during evening rush hour.

Parked car in garage downstairs. You pass the hotel (on your right) and there is a ramp down on your right immediately afterwards. Parking spots are tight, like most of DE. There is a connection back up from the garage to the hotel including to the floors directly if you pick the correct door. Cost to park is 14 Euros per night. They have a few EV chargers too but was told I need to setup an account on an app w/ some company to use them and also would pay for charging. I thought the property was Telsa Destination charger so a little confused on this experience here. I passed and took the car to Telsa super charger and charged it there instead.

Hotel location is good to walk into the old town and to a U bahn line. Went to see the Nuremberg trial museum via U bahn, very easy.

Only PLT so didn't get free breakfast and didn't pay for their hotel breakfast. Ate a bunch in a cafe in the old town instead.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.