IHG Premium Visa card [UK] (was PC Rewards Black Visa Card)

Old Jan 23, 2015, 1:13 pm

Programs: BA S, VS S, SQ G, HH D, IHG D/A, Marriott G, Radisson G, Hertz PC
Should be fine if it's been a couple of years.
Old Jan 23, 2015, 2:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
My wifes free night voucher just posted. This is about a week after going over the 10k. Barclays systems clearly working ok.
Old Jan 24, 2015, 3:16 am

Programs: IHG Plat Visa IHG Plat Mastercard
Sorry if this query has been posted before, but I am new to the forum.

I could never understand how IHG calculate their points on stays - I know GBPs are converted to $ and then multiplied by 10 - that's the easy part.

I suddenly realised after delving a bit, that if a rate differs over a 2 day stay - a Saturday night, for example, costs more than a Friday - IHG take the LOWER Friday rate and multiplies that by 2. Why??! That is not the total amount I pay!

Sorry if this water under the bridge, old hat etc.....
Old Jan 26, 2015, 10:14 pm

double points

received double the number of points this month from usual - anyone else had the same?
Old Jan 27, 2015, 3:52 am

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by hmlg
received double the number of points this month from usual - anyone else had the same?
You must have got mine as I've had nothing, they usually post around 23rd.
Old Jan 27, 2015, 5:23 am

Originally Posted by hmlg
Mine was like that in December. It wasn't exactly double but not far from it.

Strangely I didn't bother telling them. Errors in my favour have to be noticed by Barclaycard

Originally Posted by Keefy-boy
You must have got mine as I've had nothing, they usually post around 23rd.
My points arrived yesterday and were a few days later than normal, although my statement date is the 12th working day of the month which was also later this month due to the 1st being a bank holiday and there being three weekend before the 12th working day of January which was the 19th.

The points landed a week after the statement though which is roughly what it has been for the last few months.
Old Jan 27, 2015, 6:22 am
BP3

How long do I need to wait for the 60k points to be added to my account? I applied for the card in December and now have the points from the spend on my first statement.

Thanks
Old Jan 27, 2015, 4:24 pm

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, Marriott Platinum. Aspiring flyer with both feet on the ground.
Originally Posted by BP3
How long do I need to wait for the 60k points to be added to my account? I applied for the card in December and now have the points from the spend on my first statement.

Thanks
I was quoted 6-8 weeks for both the points and the status to trickle through to the IHG account, but I can tell you for a fact that the latter doesn't take anywhere near that long. As for the points, it's always worth chasing them...
Old Jan 28, 2015, 1:53 am
BP3

Originally Posted by George Kyriakos
I was quoted 6-8 weeks for both the points and the status to trickle through to the IHG account, but I can tell you for a fact that the latter doesn't take anywhere near that long. As for the points, it's always worth chasing them...
Who would I chase? Barclays, IHG or both?

Cheers
Old Jan 28, 2015, 2:54 am

Originally Posted by BP3
Who would I chase? Barclays, IHG or both?

Cheers
For the 60k definitely Barclays first as IHG will not add it without the instruction from Barclaycard.

If you are desperate for the points you can push for them to be added before your next statement date as they can do it normally within forty eight hours.
Old Jan 28, 2015, 12:31 pm

Programs: BA, Emirates, IHG, Accor, Marriott, Hilton
Just got this card and cannot believe the quoted 6-8 weeks for status to update....that is appalling. I have a number of stays in the next 8 weeks where I lose out, not too bothered about the potential upgrade, but the points is what really grates me!!
Old Jan 28, 2015, 3:10 pm

Originally Posted by parklife
Just got this card and cannot believe the quoted 6-8 weeks for status to update....that is appalling. I have a number of stays in the next 8 weeks where I lose out, not too bothered about the potential upgrade, but the points is what really grates me!!
Try calling the number on post 626 and tell them you want it updated. Can't guarantee it will work but they are higher up the tree and they can add points within 24hrs so they must be able to update status in a similar fashion.
Old Jan 29, 2015, 2:50 am

Programs: BA, Emirates, IHG, Accor, Marriott, Hilton
Originally Posted by chrism20
Try calling the number on post 626 and tell them you want it updated. Can't guarantee it will work but they are higher up the tree and they can add points within 24hrs so they must be able to update status in a similar fashion.
No luck unfortunately, but I have been credited £30 for the inconvenience. In this day and age 8 weeks is just ridiculous it can't be that hard to send a file of customers on a daily basis to update IHGs records!
Old Jan 29, 2015, 3:33 am

Originally Posted by parklife
No luck unfortunately, but I have been credited £30 for the inconvenience. In this day and age 8 weeks is just ridiculous it can't be that hard to send a file of customers on a daily basis to update IHGs records!
Facebook would be next for me via pm. Nicola who usually responds is very good. The more you nip their head the more chance of them getting their backside in gear.

If you have had points post to your IHG account from the card it might even be worth contacting IHG although they will probably just refer you back to Barclaycard.

Persistence normally pays off with them though. Once they realise they can't baffle you with bull***t they normally get their act together.

And yes eight weeks is a joke considering they swipe the £99 straight off.
Old Jan 31, 2015, 1:28 am

Programs: IHG Plat Visa IHG Plat Mastercard
New Platinum Member

I am currently staying at a Holiday Inn, my first stay as a Platinum member. I have tried to search this site for topics regarding free wifi as I am sure there must be some, but the search facility is not working.

Is it correct that free wifi is not available in the room for platinum members? I find it extraordinary that Holiday Inn Express offers this, and not just for Platinum members, but not Holiday Inn. A call to reception resulted in apologies and a username/password offered but this is only for access to wifi in the lounge, coupons for which I had already been offered on check-in!

Holiday Inn's website just mentions "free internet access", it skates around whether that means in the room or in the lounge. Obviously staff here are none the wiser either! I am not sure why I am paying £99 a year for Platinum membership......

Still waiting for the promised call from the Duty Manager......

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.