Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IHG Premium Visa card [UK] (was PC Rewards Black Visa Card)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 16, 2022, 2:04 am

Programs: IHG Diamond Amb, Bonvoy Plat (+LTP), VS Silver
Originally Posted by scottish minnie
my card has just renewed for the year and the £99 fee charged. My intention had been to cancel the card as soon as the free night voucher had been issued however as Creation posted both transactions on the same day that wasn’t possible. Does anyone know if I cancel the cars mid year is the free refunded pro-rata?
I don't know whether this is still valid, but this seems to explain the process:
https://www.headforpoints.com/2017/0...ight-question/
Old Apr 16, 2022, 8:41 am

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador
The options in the USA with the Chase Premier card are considerably superior to the UK card Live: Fantastic IHG Rewards Credit Card Changes - One Mile at a Time

Whilst points don't appear to be elite qualifying anymore there is a route to Diamond through spending 'just' $40,000 on the card in a year. Something will surely have to change in the UK.
Old Apr 16, 2022, 11:09 am

Programs: BA S, VS S, SQ G, HH D, IHG D/A, Marriott G, Radisson G, Hertz PC
Sadly I doubt it - there's already that disparity with the likes of Hilton where you can get Diamond through having a card (that although it has a fee has lots of benefits that pretty much pay for itself!)
adobbing likes this.
Old Apr 16, 2022, 11:58 am

Programs: BA Exec Gold, IHG Platinum, Hilton Honors Silver
Thanks. Looks like I’m stuck with it as I had a subscription go through the day after the fee so that gives Creation a get out. I’ll have to be on the ball next year and call on the day of the anniversary and request issuance of the voucher and cancellation of the card.

life would be so much simpler if Hilton could find someone to operate a card for them
adobbing likes this.
Old Apr 22, 2022, 12:48 am

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador
Good news reported on Head For Points, the UK Creation card points will continue to be elite qualifying.

https://www.headforpoints.com/2022/0...nt-for-status/
Saral and scottish minnie like this.
Old Apr 22, 2022, 11:37 am

Programs: BA S, VS S, SQ G, HH D, IHG D/A, Marriott G, Radisson G, Hertz PC
Yep, just a shame the card is no longer open to new customers and so many had their accounts closed!
scottish minnie likes this.
Old Apr 23, 2022, 9:14 am

Programs: BA / IHG / Hilton / Hertz / Avis
Originally Posted by Keefy-boy
Good news reported on Head For Points, the UK Creation card points will continue to be elite qualifying.

https://www.headforpoints.com/2022/0...nt-for-status/
statement has just run and point have indeed been credited as qualifying

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.