Old Jul 8, 2013, 11:43 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FLYGVA
Recent discussion (After January 01, 2016) could be found in this thread.

Most important points to consider for a valid BRG:

1. The comparison website MUST bill in the same currency as the hotel .

2. The cancellation terms must be equal or better, than the terms by the hotels.

3. The Website needs to provide INSTANT confirmation.

4. The room names should match, but if you can demonstrate, that the room is comparable, it will also work with discrepancies in the name.

5. The price difference has to be more than either USD 1 or 1% (whichever is higher).
5.b In regards to hotels located in australia and New Zealand the price difference must be greater than 3% .

Hotels for which you will get reimbursed:
(Note: There have been significant problems with getting full reimbursements from IHG, especially for reimbursements in other currencies than USD)

IC Istanbul ( BRG claim from the 17.05.2013/ "Technical Difficulties")

IC Frankfurt ( BRG claim from the 20.08.2013/ "Technical Difficulties")

Link to the Terms and Conditions : https://www.ihg.com/hotels/us/en/cus...rms-conditions
Print Wikipost

New IHG Best Rate Guarantee - Discussion & Feedback

Old Dec 15, 2015, 4:48 pm

Programs: Velocity Gold
Originally Posted by Delectatio
Depends what the cancellation policy is (it has to be EXACTLY the same)... and it's always better to compare the same 'package' (IHG.com rate WITH breakfast, which would make the IHG rate even higher). If these are prepaid rates, there is a risk for you if they won't honor their BRG (I had this before and won't do BRG's for prepaid rates anymore).
Yea they are prepaid rates. It seems they are pretty consistently lower on those couple of sites and was just looking for experience from people who may have attempted a claim. I tried a refundable rate but it got rejected because of differences in the cancellation policies.

If anyone is able to PM any sites they have used successfully for both the Berlin IC and the Buenos Aires IC it would be massively appreciated.
Old Dec 16, 2015, 3:25 am

Programs: BA Silver, TK Silver, HH Diamond, IHG Plat AMB
Anyone have an idea on the current response time?

Presently 12hrs since claim now.
Old Dec 16, 2015, 3:51 am

Slowish. 10-16h.
Old Dec 16, 2015, 4:09 am

Anyone know any site to make claim for ic toronto centre

Originally Posted by travelislife
Yea they are prepaid rates. It seems they are pretty consistently lower on those couple of sites and was just looking for experience from people who may have attempted a claim. I tried a refundable rate but it got rejected because of differences in the cancellation policies.

If anyone is able to PM any sites they have used successfully for both the Berlin IC and the Buenos Aires IC it would be massively appreciated.
Old Dec 16, 2015, 11:19 am

Programs: BA Silver, TK Silver, HH Diamond, IHG Plat AMB
To update. 18 hours. Plat Ambassador

IC GVA approved.
Old Dec 16, 2015, 4:40 pm

Programs: Gold Star Alliance,IHG Spire Ambassador, Starwood, Hilton Honor Diamond, Silver Accor, Diamond Hyatt
Anyone stayed in Crowne Plaza London Battersea ? Adjusted or paid ?
Old Dec 16, 2015, 9:27 pm

Programs: Yorkshire Coastliner
Originally Posted by Lotfi070
Anyone stayed in Crowne Plaza London Battersea ? Adjusted or paid ?
Yes - not the best location but the views over the Thames are fantastic. Rate was not adjusted and I was upgraded to an enormous penthouse suite. This was in June.
Old Dec 17, 2015, 4:08 am

What site did you get best rate from if u dont mind me asking?
Old Dec 17, 2015, 4:20 am

Programs: 100m swimming certificate level 5
Originally Posted by craigmmorq4
What site did you get best rate from if u dont mind me asking?
Personally refrain from asking publicly, perhaps send a private message. If he/she was to post the site they used it could potentially ruin it by multiple claims from lurkers etc.
Old Dec 21, 2015, 11:55 pm

Question

Has anyone else experienced problems getting a reply from the BRG desk recently?
Old Dec 22, 2015, 2:00 am

Originally Posted by kexbox
Has anyone else experienced problems getting a reply from the BRG desk recently?
nope just had one this morning.
Old Dec 22, 2015, 1:28 pm

Originally Posted by kexbox
Five of my recent claims went unanswered, follow up e-mail ignored. I had about 6 approved BRG nights this year, but a bunch of paid stays too. Wondering if they 'put you on the list' permanently, anyone knows?
Old Dec 22, 2015, 3:48 pm

Originally Posted by nycvisitor
Five of my recent claims went unanswered, follow up e-mail ignored. I had about 6 approved BRG nights this year, but a bunch of paid stays too. Wondering if they 'put you on the list' permanently, anyone knows?
Highly doubt it.
Old Dec 22, 2015, 4:30 pm

Programs: AC SE, UA PLAT, EK GOLD, Hilton Diamond
Same issue here. Made two claims for the same dates and hotels in the past 72 hours. Neither one has been followed up on.
Old Dec 23, 2015, 12:22 am

for those that have been getting responses, what's the current wait time?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.