Old Jul 8, 2013, 11:43 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FLYGVA
Recent discussion (After January 01, 2016) could be found in this thread.

Most important points to consider for a valid BRG:

1. The comparison website MUST bill in the same currency as the hotel .

2. The cancellation terms must be equal or better, than the terms by the hotels.

3. The Website needs to provide INSTANT confirmation.

4. The room names should match, but if you can demonstrate, that the room is comparable, it will also work with discrepancies in the name.

5. The price difference has to be more than either USD 1 or 1% (whichever is higher).
5.b In regards to hotels located in australia and New Zealand the price difference must be greater than 3% .

Hotels for which you will get reimbursed:
(Note: There have been significant problems with getting full reimbursements from IHG, especially for reimbursements in other currencies than USD)

IC Istanbul ( BRG claim from the 17.05.2013/ "Technical Difficulties")

IC Frankfurt ( BRG claim from the 20.08.2013/ "Technical Difficulties")

Link to the Terms and Conditions : https://www.ihg.com/hotels/us/en/cus...rms-conditions
Print Wikipost

New IHG Best Rate Guarantee - Discussion & Feedback

Old Nov 6, 2015, 4:09 am
  #7201  
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 46
Originally Posted by TravelUnlimited
Did someone recently succeed at a bpg in ic amstel
Amsterdam?
Yes I had 2 succesfull ones, but they stopped selling all IHG Hotels on that website suddenly.... :-(
RobbertS is offline  
Old Nov 6, 2015, 7:28 am
  #7202  
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 115
Originally Posted by RobbertS
Yes I had 2 succesfull ones, but they stopped selling all IHG Hotels on that website suddenly.... :-(
Exactly. I have the same problem
TravelUnlimited is offline  
Old Nov 7, 2015, 2:35 am
  #7203  
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 394
Think I got my first refund of a stay 3 weeks ago.
However it is €45 less than the rate I paid.

I guess due to bank fees?

Does the rest in Europe experience the same? It seems they do the refund based on a US account and that's giving the high transaction fees.
Is it possible to get the refund on a mastercard?

Regards
daruda is offline  
Old Nov 7, 2015, 12:46 pm
  #7204  
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: UK
Programs: BA, U2+, SK, AF/KL, IHG, Hilton, others gathering dust...and Mucci.
Posts: 2,554
Never noticed this thread before, very interesting.

Originally Posted by synergistic
Unfortunately I think those sorts of things are exactly how the BRG program is supposed to work - corporate rewards us for making them aware of undercutting, and they then change those rates or terms so they are not being undercut anymore =/
More or less, though the intention in the main is to encourage people to use the direct site rather than play the system in the way it is done in this thread. However, every time a successful claim is filed, that information is used to further restrict other sites from selling below the direct site. The chain's endgame these days is absolute control of rate online.
Oaxaca is offline  
Old Nov 7, 2015, 4:09 pm
  #7205  
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 827
I'm noticing a lot of sloppy mistakes by the BRG team...refusals for incorrect reasons and giving out lazy reasons for denying a claim. I'm usually quick to defend them from that criticism from others, but it seems like there's a few instances of that happening to me now .

Anybody else experience this lately? I'm pretty well versed on their rules and terms, so I usually know when they're right to deny a claim and when they aren't.
FlyingHigh20 is offline  
Old Nov 7, 2015, 5:01 pm
  #7206  
Marriott Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: In the air
Programs: Occasional RTW club
Posts: 6,932
Originally Posted by FlyingHigh20
I'm noticing a lot of sloppy mistakes by the BRG team...refusals for incorrect reasons and giving out lazy reasons for denying a claim. I'm usually quick to defend them from that criticism from others, but it seems like there's a few instances of that happening to me now .

Anybody else experience this lately? I'm pretty well versed on their rules and terms, so I usually know when they're right to deny a claim and when they aren't.
I've seen them be sloppy in both directions - so I've resigned to taking the occasional wins when they happen, and ignoring the unjustified rejections when they don't.
Pseudo Nim is offline  
Old Nov 8, 2015, 1:07 pm
  #7207  
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 61
Originally Posted by Pseudo Nim
I've seen them be sloppy in both directions - so I've resigned to taking the occasional wins when they happen, and ignoring the unjustified rejections when they don't.
I've experienced the same, sometimes they reject with not a real argument and sometimes they award a free night for a claim that is not a 100% right
TheBlackMamba is offline  
Old Nov 8, 2015, 1:40 pm
  #7208  
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: N/A
Programs: 100m swimming certificate level 5
Posts: 1,456
Originally Posted by Pseudo Nim
I've seen them be sloppy in both directions - so I've resigned to taking the occasional wins when they happen, and ignoring the unjustified rejections when they don't.
ditto
mitpat474 is offline  
Old Nov 8, 2015, 3:01 pm
  #7209  
jtz
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 85
Hi all,
I'm new to brg, can I try this with the accelerate promo for new members and will it still work as one of my stays?
Also, do you still get points on brg stays?
Thanks in advance
jtz is offline  
Old Nov 8, 2015, 3:08 pm
  #7210  
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 989
Originally Posted by jtz
Hi all,
I'm new to brg, can I try this with the accelerate promo for new members and will it still work as one of my stays?
Also, do you still get points on brg stays?
Thanks in advance
IHG is a bit weird in that some brg approvals will be adjusted to free stays, while others you have to pay upfront and get reimbursed. When you get reimbursed, it counts as a stay credit for all points and promotion purposes. But if it was adjusted as a free stay, it wouldn't count.
babypuwet is offline  
Old Nov 9, 2015, 4:38 am
  #7211  
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 61
Originally Posted by jtz
Hi all,
I'm new to brg, can I try this with the accelerate promo for new members and will it still work as one of my stays?
Also, do you still get points on brg stays?
Thanks in advance
Yes, it is possible to get free nights with free nights
TheBlackMamba is offline  
Old Nov 9, 2015, 5:59 am
  #7212  
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Antwerpen - Belgium
Programs: HHonors Diamond, Melia Silver, NH silver, H10 Class
Posts: 661
Originally Posted by TheBlackMamba
Yes, it is possible to get free nights with free nights
If you ask if a free BRG stay counts as a stay (1 free night after 2 stays on the Accelerate offer)
this is NOT true:

Free Nights are not issued for Stays at the following reduced room rates (Non-Qualifying Room Rates or Non-Qualifying Stay): net wholesale individual and group rate, certain package rates, employee discount rate, friends and family rate, crew rate, special discounted contract rates, seasonal worker/crew rate, 50% travel club discount rate, travel industry discount rate, distressed passenger rate, IHG Rewards Club Reward Nights/Airline Hotel Reward rate, rates booked through third-party web sites, complimentary hotel Stays and any other rates not defined as a Qualifying Room Rate at IHGs sole discretion.

If you have to pay for the BRG stay first to be reimbursed after that it might be different but I wouldn't take the risk. There are plenty of cheap hotels (HI express for example) that you can use to complete the needed stays.

Last edited by Delectatio; Nov 9, 2015 at 6:05 am
Delectatio is offline  
Old Nov 9, 2015, 6:18 am
  #7213  
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 61
Originally Posted by Delectatio
If you ask if a free BRG stay counts as a stay (1 free night after 2 stays on the Accelerate offer)
this is NOT true:

Free Nights are not issued for Stays at the following reduced room rates (Non-Qualifying Room Rates or Non-Qualifying Stay): net wholesale individual and group rate, certain package rates, employee discount rate, friends and family rate, crew rate, special discounted contract rates, seasonal worker/crew rate, 50% travel club discount rate, travel industry discount rate, distressed passenger rate, IHG Rewards Club Reward Nights/Airline Hotel Reward rate, rates booked through third-party web sites, complimentary hotel Stays and any other rates not defined as a Qualifying Room Rate at IHGs sole discretion.

If you have to pay for the BRG stay first to be reimbursed after that it might be different but I wouldn't take the risk. There are plenty of cheap hotels (HI express for example) that you can use to complete the needed stays.
Ofcourse reimbursed , I thought that was already clear from the post of babypuwet
TheBlackMamba is offline  
Old Nov 9, 2015, 6:20 am
  #7214  
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 61
Originally Posted by daruda
Think I got my first refund of a stay 3 weeks ago.
However it is 45 less than the rate I paid.

I guess due to bank fees?

Does the rest in Europe experience the same? It seems they do the refund based on a US account and that's giving the high transaction fees.
Is it possible to get the refund on a mastercard?

Regards
Maybe the city tax doesn't get refunded?
TheBlackMamba is offline  
Old Nov 9, 2015, 4:02 pm
  #7215  
jtz
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 85
Thanks a lot everyone for your replies!
jtz is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.