Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 8, 2013, 11:43 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FLYGVA
Recent discussion (After January 01, 2016) could be found in this thread.

Most important points to consider for a valid BRG:

1. The comparison website MUST bill in the same currency as the hotel .

2. The cancellation terms must be equal or better, than the terms by the hotels.

3. The Website needs to provide INSTANT confirmation.

4. The room names should match, but if you can demonstrate, that the room is comparable, it will also work with discrepancies in the name.

5. The price difference has to be more than either USD 1 or 1% (whichever is higher).
5.b In regards to hotels located in australia and New Zealand the price difference must be greater than 3% .

Hotels for which you will get reimbursed:
(Note: There have been significant problems with getting full reimbursements from IHG, especially for reimbursements in other currencies than USD)

IC Istanbul ( BRG claim from the 17.05.2013/ "Technical Difficulties")

IC Frankfurt ( BRG claim from the 20.08.2013/ "Technical Difficulties")

Link to the Terms and Conditions : https://www.ihg.com/hotels/us/en/cus...rms-conditions
Print Wikipost

New IHG Best Rate Guarantee - Discussion & Feedback

Search this Thread

Old Oct 29, 2015, 4:23 pm

I got verification 6 hours ago.

So this means there was a delay of 14 hours
Old Oct 30, 2015, 12:59 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond; IHG Platinum; Bonvoy Gold; AA Platinum Pro and United Premier Silver (DH = AA EXP)
Originally Posted by TravelUnlimited
I got verification 6 hours ago.

So this means there was a delay of 14 hours
Are you Spire? (Can't see blurbs on mobile app.) I am platinum and haven't gotten anything. It's going to be a rejection based on the observations above, but it's been OVER 24 hours since the BRG claim was submitted and nothing. Stay was this weekend so I ended up cancelling.
Old Oct 30, 2015, 6:13 am

Nope, I'm not spire.

Maybe your claim got lost?

I did also sent the same claim again after 8 hours I think. I only received one answer. So possibly my first claim also got lost...
Old Nov 1, 2015, 11:09 am

Will they handle you different when you got some claims approved? My first three claims were rather easy and approved fast. But now I notice they try everything to deny it.

For example yesterdat I submitted a 100% valid claim, however somehow they let the site change their price. You even notice when searching the hotel on the ota the older price pops up and than changes after a couple of seconds...

This way it's almost impossible again to get a claim approved. Do they use like a blacklist or something?
Old Nov 2, 2015, 7:25 am

Not possible to book anymore

Had 2 claims approved in the last 3 months, and suddenly they stopped selling ALL IHG Hotels on this particular site.... Anyone had this experience before?
Old Nov 2, 2015, 8:04 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Melia Silver, NH silver, H10 Class
Originally Posted by RobbertS
Had 2 claims approved in the last 3 months, and suddenly they stopped selling ALL IHG Hotels on this particular site.... Anyone had this experience before?
Not the same experience but the website that I used (also 2 approved BRG's) is no longer showing the screen with the same cancellation terms as theirs >>> meaning I can't use them any longer :-((
Old Nov 2, 2015, 8:29 am

Unfortunately I think those sorts of things are exactly how the BRG program is supposed to work - corporate rewards us for making them aware of undercutting, and they then change those rates or terms so they are not being undercut anymore =/
Old Nov 2, 2015, 3:32 pm

Also, the longer the BPG program exist, the more people get aware of it. The more claims filed. And more people will get denied otherwise to much economical damage. And they will do the things as already mentionned above
Old Nov 3, 2015, 9:34 am

Increasingly I'm finding it hard to find an OTA rate that has the same cancellation dates as IHG (often it's the day before). Any suggestions?
Old Nov 4, 2015, 6:23 am

32 hours since claim, less than 3 hours before cancellation window expires, no reply

Am a Platinum member and have not had any reply to my BRG claim filed more than 32 hours ago and the cancellation deadline is due to expire very soon.

Does IHG provide any compensation for not adhering to their own deadlines for responding to a BRG claim? I know that Hilton automatically approves a claim if there is no response by 24 hours. What does IHG do?
Old Nov 4, 2015, 6:54 am

Programs: 100m swimming certificate level 5
Originally Posted by phoochka
Am a Platinum member and have not had any reply to my BRG claim filed more than 32 hours ago and the cancellation deadline is due to expire very soon.

Does IHG provide any compensation for not adhering to their own deadlines for responding to a BRG claim? I know that Hilton automatically approves a claim if there is no response by 24 hours. What does IHG do?
nothing, i think they might have lost your claim though
Old Nov 4, 2015, 6:54 am

They will never answer for that claim.

Make a new reservation, and a new claim. Might just be in time, as response times today are around 3/6h.

Last edited by 336; Nov 4, 2015 at 8:06 am
Old Nov 4, 2015, 7:26 am

Did someone recently succeed at a bpg in ic amstel
Amsterdam?
Old Nov 5, 2015, 12:25 am

I als tried to submit multiple claims for one confirmation.
My first was approved, but got a strange reply for the second one, hope it doesn't affect my approved free night...

Certainly the "In this case, the free night will not be applied in this claim." is strange.

Dear xxx,

Thank you for contacting our office regarding the Best Price Guarantee in reference to rates at the xxxx. We appreciate the opportunity to assist you with this matter.

Our records show that a free night was awarded for reservation with the same confirmation # under case # xxxx. At the same time, please be informed that the intention of the program is to provide only one free night per stay and for connecting reservations made by the guest or his household members at IHG hotels within 50 miles of each other.

IHG reserves the right to cancel a previously awarded free night and to cancel the lower prices for the rest of the nights of a multi-night reservation if it is found that a customer has violated or circumvented the Best Price Guarantee Terms & Conditions. Resale of rooms eligible for the Best Price Guarantee is strictly prohibited. In the event IHG believes that a room eligible for the Best Price Guarantee has been resold, or the Best Price Guarantee is otherwise being intentionally abused or manipulated to circumvent its intent, we reserve the right to cancel the previously-awarded free room night and to cancel the lower prices for the rest of the nights of a multi-night reservation, and to reject future Best Price Guarantee claims from any persons who participated in such actions.

In this case, the free night will not be applied in this claim.

We encourage you to learn about our Guarantee and view our Terms & Conditions. If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us again.
Old Nov 5, 2015, 12:40 am

Your first claim is approved. Congrats.

Your second claim can not be approved because you already got an approved BPG.

No changes to the first approved claim.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.