Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 8, 2013, 11:43 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FLYGVA
Recent discussion (After January 01, 2016) could be found in this thread.

Most important points to consider for a valid BRG:

1. The comparison website MUST bill in the same currency as the hotel .

2. The cancellation terms must be equal or better, than the terms by the hotels.

3. The Website needs to provide INSTANT confirmation.

4. The room names should match, but if you can demonstrate, that the room is comparable, it will also work with discrepancies in the name.

5. The price difference has to be more than either USD 1 or 1% (whichever is higher).
5.b In regards to hotels located in australia and New Zealand the price difference must be greater than 3% .

Hotels for which you will get reimbursed:
(Note: There have been significant problems with getting full reimbursements from IHG, especially for reimbursements in other currencies than USD)

IC Istanbul ( BRG claim from the 17.05.2013/ "Technical Difficulties")

IC Frankfurt ( BRG claim from the 20.08.2013/ "Technical Difficulties")

Link to the Terms and Conditions : https://www.ihg.com/hotels/us/en/cus...rms-conditions
Print Wikipost

New IHG Best Rate Guarantee - Discussion & Feedback

Search this Thread

Old Oct 12, 2015, 4:22 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Occasional RTW club
Originally Posted by patgarrett
It depends on the hotel. Hopefully it won't be adjusted.
... in which case, you better hope your address on your *booking* (NOT account!!!) is correct, else you'll be out the money
Old Oct 12, 2015, 10:57 pm

Originally Posted by BorussiaMG
btw: Any recent experiences if the IC Times Square adjusts the rate or will I get a reimbursement afterwards?
To answer myself: They don't adjust the stay ^

Last edited by BorussiaMG; Oct 12, 2015 at 10:57 pm Reason: Adding
Old Oct 13, 2015, 1:34 am

Originally Posted by Pseudo Nim
... in which case, you better hope your address on your *booking* (NOT account!!!) is correct, else you'll be out the money
I don't get this?
Why "hopefully it won't be adjusted"? For the points?

If it won't be adjusted, you'll get a reimbursement on your credit card afterwards?

The thing regarding the address on the booking? What does it matter Or is it maybe USA specific?
Old Oct 13, 2015, 1:54 am

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, Flying Blue (KLM) Platinum, Oneworld (BA) Sapphire, *A (Aegean) Gold, IHG Spire RA,
Originally Posted by daruda
I don't get this?

If it won't be adjusted, you'll get a reimbursement on your credit card afterwards?

The thing regarding the address on the booking? What does it matter Or is it maybe USA specific?
For the points yes....... so you stay for free. get XXXX points for free to use later for again a free night.

in Europe they bankwire back; also if paid with creditcard. takes 3-6 weeks.
Old Oct 13, 2015, 1:55 am

I don't get this?

For the points and for qualifying nights. Some suites generate enough points for an elite status and a free night.

I have had a reimbursement on my credit card once but usually you get a refund about 6 weeks after your stay. For Americans mostly by check (therefore you need the right address); for me in Germany by bank transfer.

Last edited by BorussiaMG; Oct 13, 2015 at 1:57 am Reason: add some Information
Old Oct 13, 2015, 1:57 am

okay thanks.

But won't you get any confirmation from them whether the price will be adjusted or reimbursement will be performed?

At this moment I only got this mail, my stay is still a couple of weeks in the future 'tough:

Thank you for contacting our office regarding the Best Price Guarantee in reference to rates at the xxxxx. We appreciate the opportunity to assist you with this.

We have verified the lower rate you found on xxxxx. We are now working on the best way to adjust your reservation with confirmation number xxxxx and appreciate your patience. Please note that there is no standard response time with regards to the adjustment and that we will be contacting you via e-mail once we have been able to adjust the reservation.
But this is the confirmation that BPG is approved right?
Old Oct 13, 2015, 2:12 am

But won't you get any confirmation from them whether the price will be adjusted or reimbursement will be performed
Most of the times you will receive a mail if they adjusted your stay or not.

Nevertheless don't rely on it. It happened to me that I got the following quote or simular but the hotel waived the charge during check in...

Please accept our apologies. We were unable to adjust your reservation to reflect your free night on XXX at the XXX. In order to fulfill the BPG promise of providing the complimentary stay for confirmation number XXX, we will reimburse the amount paid through funds transfer. Expect to receive the payment in four to six weeks.
Usually your reservation is updated while checking on your smartphone app. If the price is corrected to comp rate at $0.01 the hotel has adjusted your stay.
Old Oct 13, 2015, 1:07 pm

hoteling.com

I got turned down for a lower rate at hoteling.com because supposedly they don't provide instant confirmation. Has anyone gotten a different result? And has anyone bought any rooms from hoteling? What do you actually get after paying there?
Old Oct 14, 2015, 5:18 am
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
Have anyone tried BRG with a rate from the hotel website directly (or in a different language)?
Old Oct 15, 2015, 2:20 am

Anyone experience with the household rule?

For example if I go with a friend (other address) to a particular city, can he book a room for a second night on his name?

Do they ask during check in for both names/passports?
Otherwise they can't identify if you stay 2 night if 2 separate persons check in..
Old Oct 15, 2015, 4:18 am

Originally Posted by BorussiaMG
To answer myself: They don't adjust the stay ^
Don't be so sure about that. I had a stay there last week. Got a letter saying stay would not be adjusted to expect a check. Then, four days after check out, they reversed the charge back to my card and updated my bill to show that the stay was a nonqualifying free stay.
Old Oct 15, 2015, 4:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Anyone experience with the household rule?

For example if I go with a friend (other address) to a particular city, can he book a room for a second night on his name?

Do they ask during check in for both names/passports?
Otherwise they can't identify if you stay 2 night if 2 separate persons check in..
Usually they ask you for the second guest name - use it at your own risk.
Old Oct 15, 2015, 8:20 am

Programs: AA, BA, Delta, SPG, Hilton
Which Department to contact?

1. Submitted BRG
2. Received email that BRG is working on the claim after 20 hr
3. Wrote an email asking for reply 24 hrs after the claim
4. Time passed with no answer from BRG 31 hrs
5. Called Guest Relations right now and agent arrogantly replies that I didn't book the lowest rate. But the lowest rate is nonrefundable. I booked refundable one.
Are they correct that I am obligated to book a nonrefundable rate in this case?

Last edited by ellylex; Oct 15, 2015 at 8:33 am
Old Oct 15, 2015, 9:19 am

Originally Posted by nacho
Usually they ask you for the second guest name - use it at your own risk.
I've done it with my parents (different address) on a couple of family trips and was initially successful. However, I was banned from the BRG program after a few approvals though. My parents were not banned, so I'm not sure if its because I 've had a lot more approvals (11) than them (3)
Old Oct 15, 2015, 11:12 am

Programs: IHG Spire
Originally Posted by ellylex
Which Department to contact?

1. Submitted BRG
2. Received email that BRG is working on the claim after 20 hr
3. Wrote an email asking for reply 24 hrs after the claim
4. Time passed with no answer from BRG 31 hrs
5. Called Guest Relations right now and agent arrogantly replies that I didn't book the lowest rate. But the lowest rate is nonrefundable. I booked refundable one.
Are they correct that I am obligated to book a nonrefundable rate in this case?
T & C Quote:

Book. Complete a valid room booking with the lowest available price (room rate) on any IHG website for any IHG branded hotel using the “Best Available Rate Search.” A “valid room booking” means a complete booking with a valid form of paymen

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.