Old Jul 8, 2013, 11:43 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FLYGVA
Recent discussion (After January 01, 2016) could be found in this thread.

Most important points to consider for a valid BRG:

1. The comparison website MUST bill in the same currency as the hotel .

2. The cancellation terms must be equal or better, than the terms by the hotels.

3. The Website needs to provide INSTANT confirmation.

4. The room names should match, but if you can demonstrate, that the room is comparable, it will also work with discrepancies in the name.

5. The price difference has to be more than either USD 1 or 1% (whichever is higher).
5.b In regards to hotels located in australia and New Zealand the price difference must be greater than 3% .

Hotels for which you will get reimbursed:
(Note: There have been significant problems with getting full reimbursements from IHG, especially for reimbursements in other currencies than USD)

IC Istanbul ( BRG claim from the 17.05.2013/ "Technical Difficulties")

IC Frankfurt ( BRG claim from the 20.08.2013/ "Technical Difficulties")

Link to the Terms and Conditions : https://www.ihg.com/hotels/us/en/cus...rms-conditions
Print Wikipost

New IHG Best Rate Guarantee - Discussion & Feedback

Old Sep 22, 2015, 9:00 am

Is anybody willing to help me on a tough Problem at the IC Istanbul...I do need a Stay 9th to 11th of October 2015 - and it has to be a room for 3 Adults...And (if possible) should include either Breakfast or Club Access (or both )..

I dont see any Possibility to claim it...All my BRG-Claims were rejected..

So: Help is highly welcome!
Old Sep 22, 2015, 2:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: *G
I'm looking at hotels for my next trip outside the US so because of the different currency, the difference has to be at least 1%.... and the IHG website prices all rooms EXACTLY 1% HIGHER than all competing websites.

That's just cruel lol
Old Sep 22, 2015, 9:13 pm

Programs: Aeroplan 75K, Bonvoy Titanium
Question 1 King Bed Ocean View vs. Ocean View

I'd like to make a BRG claim for a stay at IC Cozumel, but would the following detail invalidate the claim, for matching rooms?

IHG Room Name: 1 KING BED OCEAN VIEW
Competitor Room Name: Ocean View

The sequence of room names on the competing site matches IHG's (Pool View, Ocean View, Beach Front Superior, etc.). Just that it doesn't specify 1 KING BED or 2 DOUBLE BEDS. Any thoughts? The rates are non-refundable, so I hesitate to try.
Old Sep 23, 2015, 11:31 am

Programs: Yorkshire Coastliner
Originally Posted by King Chung Huang
I'd like to make a BRG claim for a stay at IC Cozumel, but would the following detail invalidate the claim, for matching rooms?

IHG Room Name: 1 KING BED OCEAN VIEW
Competitor Room Name: Ocean View

The sequence of room names on the competing site matches IHG's (Pool View, Ocean View, Beach Front Superior, etc.). Just that it doesn't specify 1 KING BED or 2 DOUBLE BEDS. Any thoughts? The rates are non-refundable, so I hesitate to try.
I personally wouldn't risk that, but YMMV. Depends on the price.
Old Sep 27, 2015, 6:32 am

Programs: AAdvantage, UA Mileage Plus, IHG Rewards Club
I haven't booked a BRG in a year, but I just got denied "since the rate you booked is not yet the lowest room category in IHG". They quoted this:

1. Book. Complete a valid room booking with the lowest available price (room rate) on any IHG website for any IHG branded hotel using the “Best Available Rate Search.” A “valid room booking” means a complete booking with a valid form of payment.
Is this a legitimate denial? I can clearly find a cheaper rate for the same room, but it's not the "lowest available price" on IHG. Never encountered this before.
Old Sep 27, 2015, 7:42 am

Originally Posted by Quarantine
I haven't booked a BRG in a year, but I just got denied "since the rate you booked is not yet the lowest room category in IHG". They quoted this:

Is this a legitimate denial? I can clearly find a cheaper rate for the same room, but it's not the "lowest available price" on IHG. Never encountered this before.
I had that happen to me last year, and I don't think it's a legitimate denial. The lowest available price room is not necessarily the room that meets one's needs. In my case, I booked the room size and configuration I needed and they denied because there was a cheaper room category.
Old Sep 27, 2015, 2:25 pm

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Quarantine

You don't need choose the cheaper entry level rooms you can choose any room type but must compare with same room type on OTA

and then if you wanted you could compare to include breakfast to make slightly more costly to compare with OTA rate that includes breakfast

and obviously a flex rate is higher than a bar rate
Old Sep 27, 2015, 2:41 pm

I have a successful BRG reservation on October 8th, which is a Thursday. A second reservation on October 15th, which is the following Thursday got rejected due to the "7 day" restriction. However, 15th is the 8th day since 8th. Is this a valid rejection? I remembered that someone mentioned in this thread that you can book a second one on the same day of the following week. Does anyone experience similar rejection? Thanks!
Old Sep 28, 2015, 12:18 am

Originally Posted by infovis
Is this a valid rejection?
No. Just cancel and file a new claim.
Old Sep 28, 2015, 12:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: *G
what's the deal with consecutive stays again - is 1 night NOT spent at the hotel inbetween 2 BRG's good enough for 2 free nights or do they need to be further apart?

edit: or what if I put in BRG's for, say day 1 - hotel 1, day 2 - hotel 2 (or day 1 & day 3 at hotel 1 & day 3...)?

Last edited by Smiley90; Sep 28, 2015 at 12:57 am
Old Sep 28, 2015, 4:07 pm

Originally Posted by Smiley90
what's the deal with consecutive stays again - is 1 night NOT spent at the hotel inbetween 2 BRG's good enough for 2 free nights or do they need to be further apart?

edit: or what if I put in BRG's for, say day 1 - hotel 1, day 2 - hotel 2 (or day 1 & day 3 at hotel 1 & day 3...)?
"If an individual or members of the same household make multiple claims for two or more nights in the same seven (7) day period at the same IHG hotel or at different IHG hotels within fifty (50) miles of each other, the claims will be treated as, and limited to, one claim for one stay, even if booked through more than one reservation, and only the Best Price Guarantee claim for the first night will be honored."
Old Sep 29, 2015, 2:56 am

I did my first BPG last week and was completely surprised to find it seemed to be problem free. Found a rate just over €1lower for the Holiday Inn in Madrid for my 1 night stay so submitted a claim
and less than 12 hours later I had an email to say my claim had been verified and they were working out how to adjust my stay for the free night.

24 hours later I had an email with my reservation cancelled and a separate email to say they couldn't honoury BPG as I had cancelled my reservation! Many emails back and to I was told that only I could access my account and I must have deleted my reservation! My argument was why I would delete a non refundable reservation and delete a reservation after the BPG was honoured.

It's taken nearly a week to get the reservation adjusted which although doesn't show up in my account I have an email with a new reservation number. The initial cost of this has been taken from my account though and hasn't been refunded so will contact my credit card company.
Old Sep 29, 2015, 9:46 am

Terms have been updated. Instead of the 7 day rule between hotels within 50 miles, it is now 14 days. Not a big deal but it is a negative change. Anybody else notice other changes? I would imagine all previously approved BRGs that don't follow the updated terms would be honored. At least I hope so.
Old Sep 29, 2015, 10:32 am

Programs: TK Elite, BA Gold, Skyteam Elite Plus, IHG Spire AMB, HHonors Diamond
for me this is a big change!
Old Sep 29, 2015, 10:47 am

Originally Posted by UAL123
Terms have been updated. Instead of the 7 day rule between hotels within 50 miles, it is now 14 days. Not a big deal but it is a negative change. Anybody else notice other changes? I would imagine all previously approved BRGs that don't follow the updated terms would be honored. At least I hope so.
Awesome. Well done to all those abusers of the program with their weekly stays at the same hotels!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.