Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 8, 2013, 11:43 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FLYGVA
Recent discussion (After January 01, 2016) could be found in this thread.

Most important points to consider for a valid BRG:

1. The comparison website MUST bill in the same currency as the hotel .

2. The cancellation terms must be equal or better, than the terms by the hotels.

3. The Website needs to provide INSTANT confirmation.

4. The room names should match, but if you can demonstrate, that the room is comparable, it will also work with discrepancies in the name.

5. The price difference has to be more than either USD 1 or 1% (whichever is higher).
5.b In regards to hotels located in australia and New Zealand the price difference must be greater than 3% .

Hotels for which you will get reimbursed:
(Note: There have been significant problems with getting full reimbursements from IHG, especially for reimbursements in other currencies than USD)

IC Istanbul ( BRG claim from the 17.05.2013/ "Technical Difficulties")

IC Frankfurt ( BRG claim from the 20.08.2013/ "Technical Difficulties")

Link to the Terms and Conditions : https://www.ihg.com/hotels/us/en/cus...rms-conditions
Print Wikipost

New IHG Best Rate Guarantee - Discussion & Feedback

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25, 2015, 11:09 pm

Programs: AA EXP, TK Elite, LY Top-Platinum, HGP Diamond, HH Diamond, IHGR Platinum Amb
Originally Posted by klmrph
Do I have to book the lowest rate (prepaid non-refundable) to qualify or do the terms just need to match? I rather book the room that can be cancelled since my plans could change.
You don't need to book the lowest rate available.

But the terms of the competing rate must be exactly the same. Nowadays it's very difficult to get a BRG approved with a flexible rate for this reason.
Old Jan 26, 2015, 8:45 am

Programs: DL DM, F9 100k, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat
Wound up submitting a BRG Saturday for tonight and they never got back to me....

Just when I thought they were getting their act together
Old Jan 26, 2015, 3:03 pm

**DELETED* wrong hotel chain. sorry guys.

Last edited by berniebern; Jan 26, 2015 at 4:00 pm
Old Jan 26, 2015, 3:32 pm

Programs: 100m swimming certificate level 5
Originally Posted by berniebern
Have signed up here to try an understand why I am getting knocked back for a claim. I've been told about this 2.5% difference but nowhere in the terms and conditions can I find reference to 2.5%....only 1%.

New Starwood Rate : 119,225.58THB (4617.93AUD)
Competing rate : AUD 4563.66
Difference of = 1.3364%

Because I've been waiting for a few days to resolve this the expedia rates have now disappeared so whatever stalling tactics they may have been trying to use have worked. Completely unfair I think especially when I see some of the claims people have successfully posted here being under 2.5% in competing currencies.
I think there is an exception for Australian hotels for the currency billing rule
Old Jan 26, 2015, 3:56 pm

Originally Posted by mitpat474
I think there is an exception for Australian hotels for the currency billing rule
Hotel is in Thailand.
Old Jan 26, 2015, 4:02 pm

Originally Posted by berniebern
Hotel is in Thailand.
spg? so irrelevant then...
Old Jan 27, 2015, 8:05 am

Any recommendations for sites to use to find a booking in London? Kayak.co.uk has several rates below the one I am interested in on the IHG website, but none that I've found seem to match the IHG cancellation policy identically, which I know will result in a rejected claim. I know I could much more easily do this if I chose non-refundable instead, but I'm not willing to risk being rejected on my claim for no apparent reason and stuck with the room.
Old Jan 27, 2015, 8:23 am

Originally Posted by jdido09
Any recommendations for sites to use to find a booking in London? Kayak.co.uk has several rates below the one I am interested in on the IHG website, but none that I've found seem to match the IHG cancellation policy identically, which I know will result in a rejected claim. I know I could much more easily do this if I chose non-refundable instead, but I'm not willing to risk being rejected on my claim for no apparent reason and stuck with the room.
you wont get any help on this thread. miserable bunch. in the marriot LNF thread they at least post 3rd party sites. very little / nothing here.
Old Jan 27, 2015, 10:07 am
Ambassador, New England

Programs: Amtrak, WN RR, Choice
Originally Posted by lfc84
you wont get any help on this thread. miserable bunch. in the marriot LNF thread they at least post 3rd party sites. very little / nothing here.
Just because nobody knows the answer to the question doesn't mean we're a "miserable bunch" - I've never done an IHG BRG attempt for London, so I for one don't have the foggiest idea what site to use. If somebody knew the answer, they'd either respond here or PM. Please use some benefit of the doubt before completely insulting everybody.

That said, welcome to FT, jdido09, and I hope you're able to find your answer.
Old Jan 27, 2015, 10:47 am

Originally Posted by lo2e
Just because nobody knows the answer to the question doesn't mean we're a "miserable bunch" - I've never done an IHG BRG attempt for London, so I for one don't have the foggiest idea what site to use. If somebody knew the answer, they'd either respond here or PM. Please use some benefit of the doubt before completely insulting everybody.

That said, welcome to FT, jdido09, and I hope you're able to find your answer.
In the past I have asked for PM's.
Old Jan 27, 2015, 11:41 am

Old Jan 27, 2015, 12:27 pm
Ambassador, New England

Programs: Amtrak, WN RR, Choice
In the past I have asked for PM's.
If you didn't receive any response, that means nobody knows the answer.
Old Jan 27, 2015, 1:16 pm

Originally Posted by lo2e
If you didn't receive any response, that means nobody knows the answer.
this was my response:

Hello
what site di you use fo rhte birmingham cp ihg best price guarantee.
thankyou

Hi,

I'm sorry but at the moment I am not currently sharing this site.

Regards
Old Jan 27, 2015, 1:37 pm

Originally Posted by mitpat474
this was my response:

Hello
what site di you use fo rhte birmingham cp ihg best price guarantee.
thankyou

Hi,

I'm sorry but at the moment I am not currently sharing this site.

Regards

Since mitpat474 has quoted the PM between us I feel I should post this in order to remove any doubt about who has posted what since it is not clear from the post.

http://imageshack.com/a/img631/130/w3VtNA.png
Old Jan 27, 2015, 4:40 pm

Since mitpat474 has quoted the PM between us I feel I should post this in order to remove any doubt about who has posted what since it is not clear from the post.

http://imageshack.com/a/img631/130/w3VtNA.png
at least im not miserable i guess :P

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.