Old Jul 8, 2013, 11:43 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FLYGVA
Recent discussion (After January 01, 2016) could be found in this thread.

Most important points to consider for a valid BRG:

1. The comparison website MUST bill in the same currency as the hotel .

2. The cancellation terms must be equal or better, than the terms by the hotels.

3. The Website needs to provide INSTANT confirmation.

4. The room names should match, but if you can demonstrate, that the room is comparable, it will also work with discrepancies in the name.

5. The price difference has to be more than either USD 1 or 1% (whichever is higher).
5.b In regards to hotels located in australia and New Zealand the price difference must be greater than 3% .

Hotels for which you will get reimbursed:
(Note: There have been significant problems with getting full reimbursements from IHG, especially for reimbursements in other currencies than USD)

IC Istanbul ( BRG claim from the 17.05.2013/ "Technical Difficulties")

IC Frankfurt ( BRG claim from the 20.08.2013/ "Technical Difficulties")

Link to the Terms and Conditions : https://www.ihg.com/hotels/us/en/cus...rms-conditions
Print Wikipost

New IHG Best Rate Guarantee - Discussion & Feedback

Old May 27, 2014, 2:39 am

Made a claim about 72 hours ago for a stay in June...No reply until now...anybody having the same problem?
Old May 28, 2014, 2:33 am

Programs: Enough
Found something where everything is the exact same for a fully-flexible fare, except for the fact that the competing website charges 1 euro deposit... will this invalidate?
Old May 28, 2014, 4:00 am

Programs: Avios Hunter
With no response to my BRG file 4 days ago, I emailed the BRG department yesterday, and unsurprisingly the have no record of a claim.

The pricing has remained unchanged, so I cancelled the booking, rebooked, reclaimed and replied to the BRG email telling them to look out for the claim.

Last edited by tangey; May 28, 2014 at 7:07 am
Old May 28, 2014, 8:15 am

New IHG Best Rate Guarantee - Discussion & Feedback

After seeing tangey's post, I decided to email the BRG's team just to see if they have received my claim which submitted about 40 hours ago.

After the email they verified my claim within 3 hours. So the gentle email reminder still works.
Old May 28, 2014, 10:14 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by loyaltypointschaser
After seeing tangey's post, I decided to email the BRG's team just to see if they have received my claim which submitted about 40 hours ago.

After the email they verified my claim within 3 hours. So the gentle email reminder still works.
What is the email for the BRG team please?
Old May 28, 2014, 12:08 pm

Originally Posted by britbronco22
What is the email for the BRG team please?
[email protected]
Old May 29, 2014, 11:59 am

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, HH Diamond
Quick question - if I have had the first email which agrees the claim but have not had the second email before the start of the stay , am I still ok to check in?

The claim was approved but check in is tomorrow and I've heard nothing since the claim was approved 2 days ago
Old May 29, 2014, 2:04 pm

I booked The Venetian on the IHG website for the "BELLA SUITE 2 QUEEN BEDS 700 SQ FT" at $329. I found one US based website that offered the same exact room for $296.43, the description on there states "Venezia Bella-2 Queens Suite". Got an email with a denial, here's what they said:

Dear.M. Name,

Thank you for contacting our office regarding the Best Price Guarantee in reference to rates at InterContinental Affiliate Resort-The Venetian. We appreciate the opportunity to assist you with this matter.

.Please be advised that Guest must book the lowest available price on the Best Available Rate search - for the same hotel, the same type of accommodations, the same number of guests, and the same dates - in order to qualify for the Guarantee.

.As per the terms and conditions of the program:

Matching Rooms. The Best Price Guarantee is available only for the exact same room type. For example, if you book a king bed with a sofa bed room type on an IHG website, and are comparing it to a non-IHG website, you must find a price with the same king bed with sofa bed room type on the other website.

Please be advised that the lower rate on www.website.com.is for Venezia Bella-2 Queens Suite. On the other hand, your current reservation is for a Bella Suite 2 Queen Beds 700 Sq Ft. These two are not for the same type of room.

Our InterContinental Affiliate Resort-The Venetian.has Venezia Bella Suite 2 Queen Beds that is different to your Bella Suite 2 Queen Beds 700 Sq Ft booked on IHG website. Sometimes their rates are the same but sometimes Venezia Bella Suite 2 Queen Beds is in a higher rate.because of its.location.

Since the third party web site does not offer the same type of room, your claim wont qualify for the Best Price Guarantee.

Now when you try to book any dates on IHG for Palazzo or Venetian it shows unavailable!
Old May 29, 2014, 3:09 pm

guys what can we do about this. My friend had similar issue waited 3 days no response. Emailed them and they claim they didn't get it. Now the rate (advance rate) is no longer available and of course the other sites price has went up.
Old May 30, 2014, 1:27 am

Originally Posted by tangey
With no response to my BRG file 4 days ago, I emailed the BRG department yesterday, and unsurprisingly the have no record of a claim.

The pricing has remained unchanged, so I cancelled the booking, rebooked, reclaimed and replied to the BRG email telling them to look out for the claim.
I received an email from the BRG dept requesting the name and price of the 3rd party stay. This was a response to my "look out for my new claim" email.

I then got the "we have verified the lower rate you found" email some hrs later, which made no reference to the email correspondence, so I don't know if the response was independent of it, it certainly came from a different person.

Anyhow, I am surprise it got accepted thus far, as I was expecting to get denied. The claim was against a palazzo fortuna suite best flex rate, and the 3rd party rate has a $20 cancelation fee, and also the last time to cancel and get refunded (less the $20) was a day earlier. Also rate likely doesn't include the resort fee, no mention either way
Old May 30, 2014, 2:05 am

Originally Posted by Geoggy
Quick question - if I have had the first email which agrees the claim but have not had the second email before the start of the stay , am I still ok to check in?

The claim was approved but check in is tomorrow and I've heard nothing since the claim was approved 2 days ago

Yeah you're good to go. You can check the mobile site to see if the reservation has changed to a comp. It may be a hotel that doesn't change the rate so you'd have to pay and then ihg will send you a cheque/bank transfer. You'll get an email if they can't change it.
Old May 30, 2014, 6:05 am

I just noticed on my best flex palazzo booking, that it says they take 1 nights charge as a "deposit" at the time of booking, and indeed on my earlier booking that was cancelled, I see the charge on my cc.

First time I've come across this on a best flex, and going to be interesting how this gets deal with by the hotel with my BRG.
Old May 30, 2014, 10:31 am

Programs: AA UA Delta. HH Diamond, PC Platinum, Club Carlson Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Hi:

First time trying this here; according to wiki

"1. The comparison website MUST bill in the same currency as the hotel ."

Do we just try to make the site convert the currency?

Last edited by milemission; May 30, 2014 at 11:28 am
Old May 30, 2014, 12:27 pm

Originally Posted by Geoggy

Have you had any update on this?

I am having exactly the same problem at the moment.
The hotel has not adjusted the rate yet, and the BPG's team has not sent me an email about any technical difficulties either...

I think the first email should be good enough, but I personally just prefer to have something in writing confirming they will reimburse me after the stay. So, I have sent a following up email to the BPG team, hopefully they will response soon.
Old May 30, 2014, 12:52 pm

Programs: 100m swimming certificate level 5
Originally Posted by loyaltypointschaser
Have you had any update on this?

I am having exactly the same problem at the moment.
The hotel has not adjusted the rate yet, and the BPG's team has not sent me an email about any technical difficulties either...

I think the first email should be good enough, but I personally just prefer to have something in writing confirming they will reimburse me after the stay. So, I have sent a following up email to the BPG team, hopefully they will response soon.
Relax, you will get reimbursed i hsve usually received an email after the stay automatically asking to submit the bank details

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.