Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 8, 2013, 11:43 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FLYGVA
Recent discussion (After January 01, 2016) could be found in this thread.

Most important points to consider for a valid BRG:

1. The comparison website MUST bill in the same currency as the hotel .

2. The cancellation terms must be equal or better, than the terms by the hotels.

3. The Website needs to provide INSTANT confirmation.

4. The room names should match, but if you can demonstrate, that the room is comparable, it will also work with discrepancies in the name.

5. The price difference has to be more than either USD 1 or 1% (whichever is higher).
5.b In regards to hotels located in australia and New Zealand the price difference must be greater than 3% .

Hotels for which you will get reimbursed:
(Note: There have been significant problems with getting full reimbursements from IHG, especially for reimbursements in other currencies than USD)

IC Istanbul ( BRG claim from the 17.05.2013/ "Technical Difficulties")

IC Frankfurt ( BRG claim from the 20.08.2013/ "Technical Difficulties")

Link to the Terms and Conditions : https://www.ihg.com/hotels/us/en/cus...rms-conditions
Print Wikipost

New IHG Best Rate Guarantee - Discussion & Feedback

Search this Thread

Old Mar 30, 2014, 6:55 am

Programs: 100m swimming certificate level 5
Originally Posted by scubaccr
Since you can't modify a BRG without losing the BRG, one should always take care to set room search to 2Adults and book as 2adults as in theory (if not always in practise) an unhappy hotel can then refuse to allow a second occupant.

That said one does not need provide the name, say it will depend on your various friends plans nearer the time which friend will accompany you.

If you provide the second name, then if that person is not make stay date , you can't get a different person into room. A good reason i don't say John Smith as second name if I am asked.
Exactly this, because in reality your second guest may well change and if you state it the name and want to replace the person your liable to forfeit having someone else in the room.
Old Mar 30, 2014, 8:24 am

How does the refund actually work? My reservation is 2 months out. Do they mail me a check for the amount after my paid stay or do they just comp the room when I get there?
Old Mar 30, 2014, 9:09 am

Originally Posted by ibleed0range
How does the refund actually work? My reservation is 2 months out. Do they mail me a check for the amount after my paid stay or do they just comp the room when I get there?
Comp before, else you get reimbursed 4-6 weeks after check out.
Old Mar 30, 2014, 3:22 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Gold, Virgin FC Red
Should you see the comp night adjustment when you look at the reservation online?
Old Mar 30, 2014, 3:30 pm

Originally Posted by essexadventurer
Should you see the comp night adjustment when you look at the reservation online?
yes via mobile app page
Old Mar 30, 2014, 3:54 pm

Interesting, looks like my other half is looking at a reimbursement. Thanks!
Old Mar 30, 2014, 4:05 pm

Originally Posted by essexadventurer
Interesting, looks like my other half is looking at a reimbursement. Thanks!
When was it approved ? give a few days it should change if not then reimbursement , either you can confirm via brg email or they will follow you up.
Old Mar 30, 2014, 5:30 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Gold, Club Carlson Gold, National EE, *G
BRG online submission crashing upon submission. Anyone else try to submit today? Lovely website indeed.
Old Mar 31, 2014, 11:41 am

Any data points on getting the BRG on lastminutetravelclub.com
Old Mar 31, 2014, 1:58 pm

does anyone happen to have any very obscure european sites they could pm?
need a junior suite incl bfast at crowne plaza milan city for 4-5 june but everywhere is the same (incl usual dhr, skoosh etc which are more), none under 228 euros like on IHG.
i will be eternally grateful! thank you!
Old Mar 31, 2014, 2:20 pm

I've always been asked to provide the name of the additional guest on a BRG with two adults.

In respect of a re-imbursement my wife has been informed that they no longer issue cheques so they requested bank account details
Old Mar 31, 2014, 2:21 pm

Originally Posted by mitpat474
When was it approved ? give a few days it should change if not then reimbursement , either you can confirm via brg email or they will follow you up.
About a week ago. We've got the emails confirming, so other half will be happy either way. ^
Old Apr 1, 2014, 4:11 am

Originally Posted by lfc84
I've always been asked to provide the name of the additional guest on a BRG with two adults.

In respect of a re-imbursement my wife has been informed that they no longer issue cheques so they requested bank account details
If you push back on giving out bank details over email, they will then offer a cheque for the exact amount. No extra to allow for fees.
Old Apr 1, 2014, 12:43 pm

Programs: TK Elite Plus, IC Plat Ambassador, HH Diamond
Do you get AMB / Plat benefits for BRG stay?

I have a few one night BRG stays - do I still get AMB benefits at the IC's (free movie, upgrade etc) and Plat benefits at CP's ("upgrade") on these stays?
Old Apr 1, 2014, 12:48 pm

Originally Posted by tobegold
I have a few one night BRG stays - do I still get AMB benefits at the IC's (free movie, upgrade etc) and Plat benefits at CP's ("upgrade") on these stays?
yep apart from qualifying night and points if changed to comp that is, otherswise same as a paid stay.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.