Old Jul 8, 2013, 11:43 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FLYGVA
Recent discussion (After January 01, 2016) could be found in this thread.

Most important points to consider for a valid BRG:

1. The comparison website MUST bill in the same currency as the hotel .

2. The cancellation terms must be equal or better, than the terms by the hotels.

3. The Website needs to provide INSTANT confirmation.

4. The room names should match, but if you can demonstrate, that the room is comparable, it will also work with discrepancies in the name.

5. The price difference has to be more than either USD 1 or 1% (whichever is higher).
5.b In regards to hotels located in australia and New Zealand the price difference must be greater than 3% .

Hotels for which you will get reimbursed:
(Note: There have been significant problems with getting full reimbursements from IHG, especially for reimbursements in other currencies than USD)

IC Istanbul ( BRG claim from the 17.05.2013/ "Technical Difficulties")

IC Frankfurt ( BRG claim from the 20.08.2013/ "Technical Difficulties")

Link to the Terms and Conditions : https://www.ihg.com/hotels/us/en/cus...rms-conditions
Print Wikipost

New IHG Best Rate Guarantee - Discussion & Feedback

Old Nov 27, 2013, 11:22 am

It's been a little over 6 weeks since I had two separate stays in which I was told I would be reimbursed within 4-6 weeks. I still haven't received the checks. I've emailed the best rate guarantee people and they say the checks were issued over two weeks ago, but they also said to allow for another 4-6 weeks for delivery. Something doesn't seem right.
Old Nov 27, 2013, 2:37 pm

Location: EWR Ionosphere Club, LAX Clipper Club, Still Traveling Global, yearly BIS miles
Programs: EAL Silver Wings, I-Club, Flying Colonels DL, WorldPass PLat from the olde Meatball and PE SMARTbank
So I received an email confirming my eligibility but informing me that they are still working out the exact method of making it a free night stay. " We are working on the best way to adjust your reservation"
Do I have any say in how that is done?
Should I suggest a method, waiting for a check sounds like a lot of work and stress.
I appreciate that BRG is quite nice, and appreciate that they are honorable in following their own policy.

Should I put my Priority Club # on the reservation? Will I get any stay credits or bonus pts for the stay? Or is it better to not bother, considering that they are closing some Chinese member accts for violations of T&C.

This is first time I have ever done a fluke BRG
thanks for your help
Old Nov 27, 2013, 2:46 pm

It means that it has been approved. It's wise to add your priority number onto your reservation as there's chance for you to earn points, however, it's better to ask the BRG department to do it for you since they always emphasize that 'making any changes might forfeit your claim validity"

Originally Posted by frank_10b
So I received an email confirming my eligibility but informing me that they are still working out the exact method of making it a free night stay. " We are working on the best way to adjust your reservation"
Do I have any say in how that is done?
Should I suggest a method, waiting for a check sounds like a lot of work and stress.
I appreciate that BRG is quite nice, and appreciate that they are honorable in following their own policy.

Should I put my Priority Club # on the reservation? Will I get any stay credits or bonus pts for the stay? Or is it better to not bother, considering that they are closing some Chinese member accts for violations of T&C.

This is first time I have ever done a fluke BRG
thanks for your help
Old Nov 27, 2013, 6:31 pm

You cant suggest a method...it's up to IHG and if the hotel you are staying at chooses to honor it. If not, IHG has to send the check. With that being said, do not worry over the check option. I've had one or two stays that required check reimbursement, and it was very quick and painless.
Old Nov 28, 2013, 12:36 am

Programs: *A Gold, HH dia,Hyatt plat,Sixt PLAT,QF , EY Gold
I on the other hand would be worried about the cheques option as I said it's been over a year :/
Old Nov 28, 2013, 4:51 am

Programs: Avios Hunter
That basically means that as far as the BRG dept is concerned, your claim is valid. They have now contacted the hotel to see whether

a) The hotel accepts it and adjusts to a free night
b) The hotel denies it for some reason, the BRG accepts the reason, and comes back and tells you why (doesn't often happen, but HAS happened)
c) The hotel refuses to play ball, and the BRG dept will have to ultimately cough up, which means you don't get a reimbursement until some time after you have stayed.

in b) above, in my case the hotel came back 2-weeks later and told the BRG dept that the credit card used to secure the booking was invalid. I was able to show the BRG dept a copy of my cc statement showing the payment being taken on the day of the booking. BRG was ultimately accepted.
Old Nov 29, 2013, 3:07 pm

Originally Posted by UAL123
It's been a little over 6 weeks since I had two separate stays in which I was told I would be reimbursed within 4-6 weeks. I still haven't received the checks. I've emailed the best rate guarantee people and they say the checks were issued over two weeks ago, but they also said to allow for another 4-6 weeks for delivery. Something doesn't seem right.
After almost 7 weeks, I finally received both checks today in the mail.
Old Nov 29, 2013, 3:42 pm

anynoe had success with easytobook ?
Old Nov 30, 2013, 9:37 am
htb

Programs: UA*G(1K), PC Diamond Amb, Marriott Titanium, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by tangey
There have been a few instances on here where it was shown that it doesn't matter what the price was at the time your booked it, what matters is the price when the BRG agent tries to verify it. It certainly isn't fair, but that's the way a few people have been denied in the past.
It's even better: if the BRG team finds another IHG site that has a better rate than the one you booked, they will compare the 3rd party rate to the lower rate you couldn't book. They only say that IHG will offer the lowest rate -- they don't say that every IHG site will have to offer that rate, though.

HTB.
Old Nov 30, 2013, 1:52 pm

If anyone would be willing to share a website for Switzerland I'd be grateful.
Old Dec 1, 2013, 11:08 pm

Programs: WoH Globalist, AA Platinum Pro, HHonors Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Silver, Hertz Prez's Circle
Seven Day Period

From your experience, folks, how does IHG practically define the 7-day period (during which more than 1 BRG cannot be had within any 50-mile radius)?

If I have a BRG on, say, January 1st in Kalamazoo, does that mean I can file a BRG again on January 8th in Kalamazoo? Or do I need to wait until January 9th?
Old Dec 2, 2013, 3:21 am

January 8th will be fine. I've had a few accepted a week apart.

Originally Posted by Yarhead
From your experience, folks, how does IHG practically define the 7-day period (during which more than 1 BRG cannot be had within any 50-mile radius)?

If I have a BRG on, say, January 1st in Kalamazoo, does that mean I can file a BRG again on January 8th in Kalamazoo? Or do I need to wait until January 9th?
Old Dec 2, 2013, 3:04 pm

Programs: BA IHG
Hi. I submitted my first BRG claim 3 days ago. First response I got was they were looking into the claim. Second response was that they were checking with language experts to see if the price on ANA website was cheaper (it is for a hotel in Japan). Now they have just rejected it saying the room type doesn't match, even though both sites seem to show the same description for the room. I believe they are exactly the same room.

Is there anyway I can get them to reconsider or is that the usually the end of it.
Old Dec 2, 2013, 11:57 pm

I got an approved BRG claim for a non-refundable room rate (1 night) in Ft. Lauderdale
Sum total I have to pay the hotel at check in is $0.
However I see my travel plans changing and plan to cancel this trip. If I do not check in and use the night for which the claim was approved would I be liable to pay for the night!
Old Dec 3, 2013, 2:03 am

Programs: BA IHG
Originally Posted by cmcbugg
Hi. I submitted my first BRG claim 3 days ago. First response I got was they were looking into the claim. Second response was that they were checking with language experts to see if the price on ANA website was cheaper (it is for a hotel in Japan). Now they have just rejected it saying the room type doesn't match, even though both sites seem to show the same description for the room. I believe they are exactly the same room.

Is there anyway I can get them to reconsider or is that the usually the end of it.
I emailed them back. They say room size is different, so claim not valid.
They say I booked a 24m2 room on ihg.com
booking.com describes it as 30m2 (but both say Classic Room)

However the IHG website describes it as 24 sq mt 256 sq ft 27 to 32 flr.

Seems they'll use any inaccurate description technicality to not stand up to their own guarantee.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.