Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 8, 2013, 11:43 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FLYGVA
Recent discussion (After January 01, 2016) could be found in this thread.

Most important points to consider for a valid BRG:

1. The comparison website MUST bill in the same currency as the hotel .

2. The cancellation terms must be equal or better, than the terms by the hotels.

3. The Website needs to provide INSTANT confirmation.

4. The room names should match, but if you can demonstrate, that the room is comparable, it will also work with discrepancies in the name.

5. The price difference has to be more than either USD 1 or 1% (whichever is higher).
5.b In regards to hotels located in australia and New Zealand the price difference must be greater than 3% .

Hotels for which you will get reimbursed:
(Note: There have been significant problems with getting full reimbursements from IHG, especially for reimbursements in other currencies than USD)

IC Istanbul ( BRG claim from the 17.05.2013/ "Technical Difficulties")

IC Frankfurt ( BRG claim from the 20.08.2013/ "Technical Difficulties")

Link to the Terms and Conditions : https://www.ihg.com/hotels/us/en/cus...rms-conditions
Print Wikipost

New IHG Best Rate Guarantee - Discussion & Feedback

Search this Thread

Old Oct 8, 2011, 6:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Filed 2 claims for the same property. The third party site has an option to choose the hotel currency. One went through (has to change to non-refundable to qualify, so called BRG and change the ressie during the call and got approved right away) and one got denied. Wrote a request to get the claim to be reviewed and haven't heard from them.

I don't mind to pay up front and get a refund if I'm promised to get one. As long as I have a written confirmation from IHG I'm fine (provided that they wired the $ into my account and cover all cost).
Old Oct 8, 2011, 9:30 am

Originally Posted by nacho
Filed 2 claims for the same property. The third party site has an option to choose the hotel currency. One went through (has to change to non-refundable to qualify, so called BRG and change the ressie during the call and got approved right away) and one got denied. Wrote a request to get the claim to be reviewed and haven't heard from them.

I don't mind to pay up front and get a refund if I'm promised to get one. As long as I have a written confirmation from IHG I'm fine (provided that they wired the $ into my account and cover all cost).
It is fun that the BRG team assists you in completing a claim! Did they promise you that your claim will be honored before you make a change to a non-refundable rate?
Old Oct 8, 2011, 9:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by samwkchan
It is fun that the BRG team assists you in completing a claim! Did they promise you that your claim will be honored before you make a change to a non-refundable rate?
Of course I asked. There is no way I'll gamble on USD 400 (since you can get the same quality for half the price!)! Other FTer did that in earlier post, so I tried. I called after receiving the e-mail telling me to change the rate. I did while I was on the phone with them, and made sure I was told everything was ok and she is going to pass the info to the hotel, then I thanked her and hang up.

Frankly they are much more helpful and polite than Marriott's LNF dept ^.
Old Oct 8, 2011, 10:38 am

Programs: IC Diamond Amb, Bonvoy Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by samwkchan
I agree with you, but I will say it is a kind of last resort for IHG in case something unexpected happens. As a remedial solution, it is better than none. My baseline is that I must receive the full amount in the currency I have paid, not a penny less, in an appropriate manner. It is the responsibility of IHG to shoulder all fees incurred if any.

For the method to receive the fund, a check is the best solution, a wire transfer is also possible given that IHG takes care of all fees charged by my local bank to receive the fund if any.
I think a check is an absolut terrible solution. To cash in a US Dollar check is an absolute pain and cost a small fortune in Gemany - and that's before currency issues. I hope they come up with a better solution....
Old Oct 8, 2011, 10:43 am

Originally Posted by Mora
I think a check is an absolut terrible solution. To cash in a US Dollar check is an absolute pain and cost a small fortune in Gemany - and that's before currency issues. I hope they come up with a better solution....
If IHG must send me a check, I will request the check is in the currency that I paid for the hotel. They do not want to take risk on exchange rates, neither do I.
Old Oct 8, 2011, 7:09 pm

[/QUOTE]

In the "Rate to Rate" situation, is there a penalty on the Hotel Comp Night if a customer is unable to keep the travel schedule?

The program's T&Cs do not address this scenario. So a clarification is much needed.[/QUOTE]

That is depend on the rate that u get COMP.

Means if u get COMP by AP rate, u cancel your COMP night, they'll charge u...

So u have to careful.
Old Oct 8, 2011, 8:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by soitgoes
So does this mean that a claim in a scenario with a $100 ichotelsgroup.com flexible rate compared with a third-party $90 non-refundable rate is valid as long as the $100 ichotelsgroup.com flexible rate is the lowest rate available at ichotelsgroup.com?
I would like to have a clarification as well.
Old Oct 8, 2011, 9:39 pm

Originally Posted by choiam

In the "Rate to Rate" situation, is there a penalty on the Hotel Comp Night if a customer is unable to keep the travel schedule?

The program's T&Cs do not address this scenario. So a clarification is much needed.
That is depend on the rate that u get COMP.

Means if u get COMP by AP rate, u cancel your COMP night, they'll charge u...

So u have to careful.
My interpretation is that you should not be charged anything even if you don't show up. When a claim is valid, the first night is free. Speaking in another way, the nightly rate of the first night is $0. Suppose you don't show up and the penalty is the first night's rate. Technically you are penalized but the penalty is $0.
Old Oct 9, 2011, 4:22 am

Programs: LH Sen, HH Diamond, IC RA
Would following scenario apply for the BRG:
Best available on IHG is Advanced Purchase without Breakfast. An other website offers a non-refundable-advanced-purchase-rate with breakfast, which is cheaper than the IHG rate...
Old Oct 9, 2011, 4:54 am

Programs: BA Exec Blue, IHG Spire, HHonor Gold, Accor Platinum.
Originally Posted by tom-schmitt
Would following scenario apply for the BRG:
Best available on IHG is Advanced Purchase without Breakfast. An other website offers a non-refundable-advanced-purchase-rate with breakfast, which is cheaper than the IHG rate...
Most likely not as it's not the same.

However you can compare it to the AP with breakfast (which I assume is available and more expensive on the IHG site) and the 3rd party will still be cheaper.

You have a PM
Old Oct 9, 2011, 5:03 am

Programs: LH Sen, HH Diamond, IC RA
IHG only offers Advanced Purchase without breakfast or Best Flexible with breakfast.
Third party website is directrooms.com
Old Oct 9, 2011, 5:08 am

Programs: BA Exec Blue, IHG Spire, HHonor Gold, Accor Platinum.
Originally Posted by tom-schmitt
IHG only offers Advanced Purchase without breakfast or Best Flexible with breakfast.
Third party website is directrooms.com
How odd.

I would book the Best Flex with Bkfst as it is the lowest rate and see if they honour the BRG (May not do as the 3rd party is NOn refundable)

You can then talk to them to see if the AP rate would qualify.

If not then cancel the IHG room.

Thanks
Old Oct 9, 2011, 8:04 am

Can someone clarify one thing for me?

"A guest must book the lowest available hotel room price through the Best Available price search - for the type of accommodations sought - in order to qualify for the Best Price Guarantee."

So does that mean if there's a nonrefundable rate on the ihg website that's cheaper than the refundable rate, I'll always have to book the nonrefundable one?
Old Oct 9, 2011, 8:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bobu

"A guest must book the lowest available hotel room price through the Best Available price search - for the type of accommodations sought - in order to qualify for the Best Price Guarantee."

So does that mean if there's a nonrefundable rate on the ihg website that's cheaper than the refundable rate, I'll always have to book the nonrefundable one?
Unfortunately yes.
Old Oct 9, 2011, 9:05 am

Originally Posted by bobu

Originally Posted by nacho
Unfortunately yes.
I still have a question to be answered by IHG Care.
Suppose there are three rates on IHG websites:
  • Advanced Purchase Rate (without breakfast)
  • Best Flexible Rate (without breakfast)
  • Best Flexible Rate (with breakfast)
May a claim be honored if I booked a room with the rate "Best Flexible Rate (with breakfast)"? Note that there is no advanced purchase rate with breakfast.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.