Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 1, 2014, 1:56 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FLYGVA
Qualifications: 60 qualifying nights including 20 IC nights, minimum 3 different IC properties.

Are reward nights included in the count of qualifying nights?
No.

New discussion could be found here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/intercontinental-hotels-ihg-rewards-club-intercontinental-ambassador/1772309-new-ra-qualifying-criteria-based-ic-revenue.html
Print Wikipost

New RA qualifying criteria based on IC nights (July 2011)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 30, 2011, 7:26 pm

Programs: AA Gold (4 life), Delta Platinum, Starwood Gold, IC RA
Cant go back more than 180 days to check stays

IS there any way on the PC website to check stays beyond 180 days.
Trying to figure out how many more night I need to maintain status, but can't recall my nights prior to 180 days ago.

Currently (last 180 days)
12 IC qualifying (4 different ICs -LA, Houston, Chicago, Milwaukee)
29 Indigo qualifying
30 nights crowne plaza (non qualifying)
3 nights IC (non qualifying)

Pending booked travel
2 IC qualifying (New york)
6 IC qualifying (Cancun)

Membership expires March 2012. I do have time, but will be traveling to cities that don't have ICs during the remainder of 2011. Makes it difficult to get to 30 nights. If they include non qualifying IC stays, I have 23 nights (6 different ICs) in the bag that I am aware of, just can't account for how many of the other 7 nights I need as I can't see more than the last 180 days on my account.

Thx.
Old Aug 30, 2011, 8:11 pm

Here is the link courtesy of dgwright99 and EdV who indicated that the link is back working (albeit slow):
[URL="https://secure.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/pc/1/en/tpaccount?secure=true&transaction=365"]

I'm in the same boat sitting at 70+ Qualifying with 24 Paid ICH stays (but have 8 ICH non qualifying for a total of 32) and up for the 1st sweep this weekend.

I have 4 paid ICH stays coming up in Sept and a referral cert (exp end of sep) just in case, so I may need to do a weekend mattress run if I miss out on the 1st sweep that is done at 9 months.
Old Aug 30, 2011, 8:33 pm

Originally Posted by simmy2424
I'm in the same boat sitting at 70+ Qualifying with 24 Paid ICH stays (but have 8 ICH non qualifying for a total of 32) and up for the 1st sweep this weekend.

I have 4 paid ICH stays coming up in Sept and a referral cert (exp end of sep) just in case, so I may need to do a weekend mattress run if I miss out on the 1st sweep that is done at 9 months.
Welcome to FT and the Priority Club/IC Forums!
Please return and tell us how things work out. Good luck.
Old Aug 30, 2011, 8:40 pm

Programs: AA Gold (4 life), Delta Platinum, Starwood Gold, IC RA
Originally Posted by simmy2424
Here is the link courtesy of dgwright99 and EdV who indicated that the link is back working (albeit slow):
[URL="https://secure.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/pc/1/en/tpaccount?secure=true&transaction=365"]

Thanks 4 the link and good luck. Let us know how it goes.
All I had was 6 crowne plaza stays of which 3 nights were overlapping as I had 2 rooms booked.
Old Aug 31, 2011, 1:52 am

Programs: LH SEN, BA Gold, Bonvoy Plat, IHG Spire RA
Originally Posted by Points Mad
Just checked my account and I have now been officially downgraded. I have 76 nights (15 at 6 different IC)

So the new limit of 30+ at IC seems to be true.

As markdg said it was good while it lasted.
how do you determine officially downgraded? Did your account state "ambassador renewal" 3 months ahead of the RA expiry date? Then the chances are great that, you've renewed your status
Old Aug 31, 2011, 2:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
This could seal the deal, as with me jumping off the HH Diamond wagon, instead of IHG I may not go for SPG or Hyatt...
Old Aug 31, 2011, 5:07 am

Programs: Spire RA, 1865 Voyager, Bonvoy Titanium, FB LP, LH SEN.
Originally Posted by mnredfox
This could seal the deal, as with me jumping off the HH Diamond wagon, instead of IHG I may not go for SPG or Hyatt...
Well, we in China have an easy game; 30 IC nights isn't a big challenge. If I were living Europe ... hmm
Old Aug 31, 2011, 5:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by Chinatrvl
Well, we in China have an easy game; 30 IC nights isn't a big challenge. If I were living Europe ... hmm
It's the same story with all the hotel chains. Those of us who do most of our stays in Europe pay vastly more than the average Asia or American traveler to retain our elite status.
Old Aug 31, 2011, 5:19 am

Programs: Spire RA, 1865 Voyager, Bonvoy Titanium, FB LP, LH SEN.
Originally Posted by stimpy
It's the same story with all the hotel chains. Those of us who do most of our stays in Europe pay vastly more than the average Asia or American traveler to retain our elite status.
Most importantly -in my opinion- is that there is much more choice in Asia. Here in China, I can't think of any city that I have to go frequently that doesn't have an IC. In Europe - very different!
Old Aug 31, 2011, 6:11 am

Programs: IHG Platinum, Hilton Diamond, iPrefer Gold
First sweep lose status; second sweep requalify

My experience on downgrade, then requalify was as follows. My expiry is the end of April.

In January I got the letter downgrading me... then at the very end of April, I got the note on my account to say that I'd requalified. I'd done approx 60 paid stays of which around 8 were at ICs (4 different ICs).

I just wonder what all this means. Once I'd got the downgrade letter I phoned up a few times and received different replies from one saying "oh you should be fine" to something like "you need around 30 stays at ICs because it's an ICs programme." etc.

I just wonder if it's easier to requalify on the 2nd sweep rather than the first....

RB
Old Aug 31, 2011, 6:52 am

Programs: BD (in memoriam), BA
Originally Posted by redbus
I just wonder if it's easier to requalify on the 2nd sweep rather than the first....
In my experience, no. I actually increased my stays (particularly my IC stays) between the first sweep and the second. I was downgraded.

To be honest, having dipped my toe into both Hilton and Marriott this year, I'm inclined to cut back on my IHG stays. The others, in my experience so far, provide clear and consistent benefits, even on award stays - quite a refreshing change for me.

As most of my stays are in the UK, I just don't have the opportunity to collect 30+ IC nights a year. But RA is what kept me loyal - without the 'carrot' of RA, there seems much less incentive to bother with the 'stick' of so many grotty HI stays.
Old Aug 31, 2011, 6:53 am

Programs: QANTAS Club Silver, PC Royal Platinum Ambassador
I'd done approx 60 paid stays of which around 8 were at ICs (4 different ICs).

RB
Can I ask if you had any reward nights at ICs
Old Aug 31, 2011, 8:39 am

Programs: IHG Platinum, Hilton Diamond, iPrefer Gold
Sure - 8 paid stays at 4 ICs
Plus c. another 4 reward nights (at no additional properties).

So in total about 12 stays at 4 ICs including reward nights.

It will be about the same this year (as I said April 2012 renewal). If the new rules are true.... then I may jump ship to another programme. I will have done around 80 paid stays this year by April 2012, with a similar number of ICs as the previous year... If that's not enough, then I will seriously reconsider as I don't perceive the benefits as a Platinum member to be all that significant. The best thing about the programme for me, is points plus cash reward nights...

RB
Old Aug 31, 2011, 9:18 am

Originally Posted by boekel
how do you determine officially downgraded? Did your account state "ambassador renewal" 3 months ahead of the RA expiry date? Then the chances are great that, you've renewed your status
On the PC Mobile site my status has changed to: PLTN_A
My Amb year ends today

Last edited by Points Mad; Aug 31, 2011 at 9:19 am Reason: More info
Old Aug 31, 2011, 10:10 am

Programs: BD (in memoriam), BA
So in total about 12 stays at 4 ICs including reward nights.

It will be about the same this year (as I said April 2012 renewal). If the new rules are true.... then I may jump ship to another programme.
[...]
If that's not enough, then I will seriously reconsider as I don't perceive the benefits as a Platinum member to be all that significant.
I don't think that will be enough - if you were renewed in late April, it looks like you got in there before the change.

Not only are Plat benefits fairly measly, but as a status it is so easy to achieve. You can keep Plat with a handful of stays and well-timed offers, and divert the rest of your effort into another program. That's likely to be what I'll do.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.