2012 London Olympic Hotels

Old Aug 8, 12, 10:06 am
  #121  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Feb 1999
Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Posts: 33,942
I know some hotels have gone down a lot in price, but the CP St. James was over 400 when I made my points booking. And even now this week it is still over 300. So I'm sticking with the points!
stimpy is offline  
Old Aug 8, 12, 2:21 pm
  #122  
 
Join Date: May 2012
Programs: PCR Plat
Posts: 5
Originally Posted by stimpy View Post
Can I ask if anyone has done an award stay at the CP St. James or Indigo Paddington this week? Are they upgrading Platinum members?
Just got back from a 25k points booking in the Indigo Paddington. The bar and bistro were busy downstairs, but the hotel itself didn't seem anywhere near to fully booked. No upgrade given, standard double room.
kevind is offline  
Old Aug 9, 12, 6:52 am
  #123  
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: LCY-ORY
Programs: BMI/SQ/AFKL/PC RAmbo/Oyster/B&Q
Posts: 1,251
Originally Posted by britbronco22 View Post
Just name one of them on the reservation as additional guest, they can check in fine then.
Many thanks for the reply : in the end just went along myself to sort my parents out (a short walk around the dock)

^ ups to upgrading them to a room with a decent view (despite being full)+ drinks voucher . Seem to treat plats well here - even relatives of
docklander is offline  
Old Aug 10, 12, 5:36 am
  #124  
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Cannock, UK
Posts: 270
Originally Posted by kevind View Post
Just got back from a 25k points booking in the Indigo Paddington. The bar and bistro were busy downstairs, but the hotel itself didn't seem anywhere near to fully booked. No upgrade given, standard double room.
Had a reward booking in the CP St James last night. Standard room got upgraded to Queen Suite.
Dazedwards is offline  
Old Aug 10, 12, 6:15 am
  #125  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Feb 1999
Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Posts: 33,942
Originally Posted by Dazedwards View Post
Had a reward booking in the CP St James last night. Standard room got upgraded to Queen Suite.
Nice. I'm in one of the newly renovated suites at the St. James on a points stay.
stimpy is offline  
Old Aug 10, 12, 6:48 am
  #126  
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Cannock, UK
Posts: 270
Originally Posted by stimpy View Post
Nice. I'm in one of the newly renovated suites at the St. James on a points stay.
Off home today back to the HI Mayfair monday now its down to 67.50 a night and not 226.00 Then a stay shuffle on wednesday for HI Kessington Forum at 62.00 a night... On the 2-4-1 deals. I have found that if you do 2-4-1 back to back you lose the first 2 nights as qualifying nights and its a lottery if the reps give you the nights when you call them, The hotels will wrap them all up and you get the points spend on the final 2 days..
Dazedwards is offline  
Old Aug 11, 12, 12:46 am
  #127  
Senior Mod and Moderator: Aegean Miles&Bonus and British Airways
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Norwich, UK
Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Spire Ambassador
Posts: 7,418
I booked the HIX Wimbledon South on points when it first became available. £350 on a prepay at the time for a paid stay. Two days before last weekend's stay I cancelled the points and went for a corporate discount rate of - £89.10! The only restriction was the usual ability to cancel had been removed ... no big deal that close.

Someone has seriously stuffed up pricing this summer ... felt sorry for the people that paid that paid the £350 and were stuck with it.
NWIFlyer is offline  
Old Aug 11, 12, 12:55 am
  #128  
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Tonbridge
Programs: BAEC Silver
Posts: 1,996
Originally Posted by NWIFlyer View Post
I booked the HIX Wimbledon South on points when it first became available. 350 on a prepay at the time for a paid stay. Two days before last weekend's stay I cancelled the points and went for a corporate discount rate of - 89.10! The only restriction was the usual ability to cancel had been removed ... no big deal that close.

Someone has seriously stuffed up pricing this summer ... felt sorry for the people that paid that paid the 350 and were stuck with it.
Wasn't that property 15k points? I would have stuck with points at that rate.
britbronco22 is offline  
Old Aug 11, 12, 1:56 pm
  #129  
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Brussels,Belgium
Posts: 191
FT at Hotel Indigo Tower Hill during London 2012 Olympic Games

Originally Posted by tom911 View Post
Wonder if our paths crossed. I did 8 nights there starting with Opening Night. I was in 501. I would have been in USA attire most of the time. I ended up using Tower Hill as my main access point as it was only a few mins longer walk than Aldgate and had both District and Circle lines.
Originally Posted by Raffles View Post
There was another occasional FTer at the Tower Hill Indigo on 26th and 27th as well, who took a room I originally booked for myself but didn't need in the end
We should have organized a FT London 2012 meet-up! Let's keep it in mind for Rio2016! Here's my London 2012 Opening Weekend trip report
http://travel.bart.la/2012/08/11/my-...ening-weekend/

Thanks!
bartla is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread