Just Made Platinum! [merged]

Old Dec 19, 2010, 10:17 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Blue
Just Made Platinum! [merged]

Hi everyone,

I just had to buy the remaining points which set me over the top for Platinum for 2011 and have some questions. The points have reflected the update on the website and I am not listed as a Plat Ambassador but will they send an e-mail or snail mail regarding the change in status and a new Plat Ambassador pack?

I was happy to purchase the remaining points in order to become Platinum for 2011 and once I finish CTC in early 2011 I will have it covered for 2012 ^
Old Dec 19, 2010, 10:58 am

when does your current Ambassador status expire? what status were you when you purchased Ambassador?
Old Dec 19, 2010, 12:13 pm

Programs: BAEC Blue, Priority Club Plat Amb
I have a similar question but in reverse

For the first time in 7yrs I'm not going to maintain Plat for 2011
However I'm currently a Plat Ambassador, were my ambassador status doesn't expire until May 2011. This is the date shown on my card.

So come Jan 2011, will I be dropped to Gold Ambassador?
Old Dec 19, 2010, 12:44 pm

Programs: Too many...
Originally Posted by paul.goffin
I have a similar question but in reverse

For the first time in 7yrs I'm not going to maintain Plat for 2011
However I'm currently a Plat Ambassador, were my ambassador status doesn't expire until May 2011. This is the date shown on my card.

So come Jan 2011, will I be dropped to Gold Ambassador?
Yes.
Old Dec 19, 2010, 5:47 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by caz312
when does your current Ambassador status expire? what status were you when you purchased Ambassador?
October, and I was nothing when I got my Ambassador, it was my stepping stone to PC Plat!
Old Dec 19, 2010, 8:18 pm

Originally Posted by Austin Winters
October, and I was nothing when I got my Ambassador, it was my stepping stone to PC Plat!
Welcome to PC Platinum!

The question for 2011 and 2012 (after CTC completion)........is PC Platinum worth the expense in 2010?

I hope and think the answer will be yes.

Please let us know.
Old Dec 19, 2010, 8:27 pm

Hopefully it pays itself off in room upgrades and also faster requalification to Plat due to bonus%
Old Dec 19, 2010, 8:38 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the great input, but my question still isn't answered :P

but will they send an e-mail or snail mail regarding the change in status and a new Plat Ambassador pack?
Old Dec 19, 2010, 8:54 pm

Programs: AA Ex Plat, ICH Plat RA, Hyatt Diamond, LAN Prem Silver
When you were referring to a Platinum Ambassador pack what exactly were you expecting to receive other than a new card and some luggage tags?
Ambassador is separate to PC Platinum. You will have to pay for a new year unless you make it to Royal Ambassador.
Old Dec 19, 2010, 8:57 pm

I don't think you'll get email for either but if you haven't received your Ambassador pack you should get it in the snail mail. I think you won't get another one if you move from Gold Ambassador to Plat Ambassador, only if you renew Ambassador status, although you should get a new card reflecting your status.

I'm not sure but I seem to recall some snail mail congratulating me on getting Plat renewed in the past.
Old Dec 19, 2010, 10:30 pm

help please

ive purchased 11k points about 17 hours ago, that should move me up to platinum. but nothing has been updated (yet).

i can see the balance gone higher, but i dont see the 11k points showing up as part of the acitivity.

am i being to inpatient?

i recall somewhere in FT saying all hotel reservation made before new status kick in, the hotel would only see the old status unless notify?

cheers
Old Dec 20, 2010, 5:24 am

Programs: RA Platinum, GoldpointsPlus Elite, HH Gold VIP, Sixt Platinum, *A Gold, TK ElitePlus, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by zqsn5678
ive purchased 11k points about 17 hours ago, that should move me up to platinum. but nothing has been updated (yet).

i can see the balance gone higher, but i dont see the 11k points showing up as part of the acitivity.

am i being to inpatient?

i recall somewhere in FT saying all hotel reservation made before new status kick in, the hotel would only see the old status unless notify?

cheers
check the bottom of the page. Points purchases or Voucher credits are usually shown at a seperate section down the account page.
Old Dec 20, 2010, 6:50 am

cheers
I'd also like to know the answer to this.
Old Dec 20, 2010, 7:22 am

Programs: PC Plat, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold,HHonors Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by Shimon
I'd also like to know the answer to this.
I have asked that of PC reservation people and they said that your status automatically updates on all your reservations. I have no real proof of it though.
Old Dec 20, 2010, 8:15 am
Original Poster

am i being to inpatient?

cheers
The disclaimer at the bottom of the Points.com page says you need to wait 48 hours for the points to appear. ^

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.