Anywhere Challenge: Win up to 60,000 points over the next 8 weeks

Old Oct 15, 2010, 2:15 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by chewet
You guys sound like a bunch of drunk freaking frat boys!
???
Old Oct 15, 2010, 3:02 am

Originally Posted by Favre384
I'm not sure that their response to you even makes sense. Is it just me, or is the second sentence rather confusing?

I just read between the lines....maybe they write the clues as well
Old Oct 15, 2010, 3:08 am

Programs: PCR Gold, BA, Marriott Rewards, NH World
Hi all. I have just joined FT after following this thread as a guest for the last couple of weeks.
Incredible work you have all done!
Thanks for your help.

harterz
Old Oct 15, 2010, 3:24 am
szg
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH(OS) HON, IC RA
Originally Posted by harterz
Hi all. I have just joined FT after following this thread as a guest for the last couple of weeks.
Thanks for your help.

harterz
Welcome on FT, harterz !! ^
Old Oct 15, 2010, 3:24 am

Programs: BA, Airmiles, BMI, HH (Gold), Hyatt (Plat), IHG (Plat Amb), Marriott (Silver), A Club
Welcome to FT harterz. I hope that like me you will find it a compelling and enjoyable place to collect and share information. ^
Old Oct 15, 2010, 3:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by harterz
Thanks for your help.

harterz
welcome to ft harterz....stick around....you will find a lot of useful info here....
Old Oct 15, 2010, 4:10 am

Hi,

I'm another newby having joined after finding the info here really useful this week!! Many many thanks to everyone for all the help, submitted the correct (I hope) answer on day 2 Don't think I'd had stood a chance on this weeks challenge on my own tho Thanks again guys.
Old Oct 15, 2010, 4:51 am

Programs: The Mac Daddy of Heimlich County (and low-ball status)
i think everyone from slickdeals came over to this thread!
Old Oct 15, 2010, 5:07 am

Talking

I also have been a lurker here for years. Can't begin to tell you all how much money you have saved me over the years! Thank you so much for that!^
This stupid game made me feel I should join, not that I have been any help lol.
I do wish I could relocate the pic I mentioned earlier in the thread from the PC site. It was taken by a PC member of Hawaii and it really swayed me towards Hawaii on day one.
Again, I can't thank everyone enough!
Old Oct 15, 2010, 5:08 am

Programs: ICH Platinum Royal Ambassador Member, SPG Gold, Honnors Silver, Delta
Originally Posted by pel004
I have noticed this as well during past weeks games. However, I noticed that it only reveals the vacation area around day 2 or 3 of the game week...nonetheless, very observant. The research everyone has contributed is impressive...many thanks from a new seeker on FT
The ads have nothing to do with Priority club or the contest.
See the words "ads by Google" it's an advertising program called Google ad words.

Google automatically determines the subject of pages (things FT members are discussing) and displays relevant ads based on the advertisers' keyword lists. AdSense publishers may select channels to help direct Google's ad placements on their pages, to increase performance of their ad units. There are many different types of ads that can run across Google's network, including text ads, image ads (banner ads), mobile text ads, and in-page video ads.
Old Oct 15, 2010, 5:36 am

MEDUIM SIZED ANNOUNCEMENT ABOUT THE BIG ANNOUNCEMENT

Originally Posted by Flying Solo
Oh and I am waiting patiently for the big announcement....tonight
Apologies to Flying Solo and anyone else who got excited, sorry about last night peeps, I'd been working overnight and er....fell asleep. I'll reveal all this evening (UK) when the yanks are online.

But here's some pointers:

Originally Posted by ellylex
People are suggesting to spell Hawaii out, while the challenge site shows abbreviation for Washington state as WA USA. It is also strange that state and country are stated without a comma.
Originally Posted by rofly
at least 7 people claim to not haven gotten points for AK (instead of Alaska).
STATE ABBREVIATIONS:
The PC example does say "WA USA" as pointed out, with no comma. This is ironic as I believe it wouldn't be accepted as correct!

Lots of people got points with AK instead of Alaska, but people to put AK USA with no comma got nothing. If you are one of those people a complaint is definately in order.

Originally Posted by cathy2907
why are we so bothered aboutt he exact wording .... when they post the answer they just post - ARUBA, COSTA RICA...
Originally Posted by jrc35jrc35
Ugh! I forgot to put USA yesterday! Do you think just Kauai, Hawaii will count?
Has historically only been 1 word/place. e.g. Alaska not Alaska, USA. I and others have only ever put 1 word locations, and been fine with them. Besides, apart from the USA states what would you add? Nepal, Asia? Malaysia, Borneo? (Yes I know a lot of you did but it's not necessary).

MORE GOLDEN NUGGETS COMING LATER, DEFINATELY THIS TIME I PROMISE
Old Oct 15, 2010, 5:37 am

Originally Posted by brasov02
I think we should start another thread titled "Anywhere Challenge complaints about posts complaining about posts complaining about posting point reports."
LMAO!
Old Oct 15, 2010, 5:38 am

Originally Posted by pel004
However, I noticed that it only reveals the vacation area around day 2 or 3 of the game week
As others mentioned it's targeted advertising. The reason it reveals the location on day 2/3 is probably because by then we've narrowed the search down and everyone's talking about it.
Old Oct 15, 2010, 5:50 am

FINALLY!

I found something useful.....if a little late.....

http://www.shutterstock.com/pic-5250...on-desert.html
Old Oct 15, 2010, 5:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by brasov02
I think we should start another thread titled "Anywhere Challenge complaints about posts complaining about posts complaining about posting point reports." (I swear, that makes sense if you follow it very slowly.)
Or I guess we could just be big kids and endure the enormous hardship of skimming over the obviously inevitable points posts and just move on. But that just wouldn't be the FT way.
hilarious....

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.