Anywhere Challenge: Win up to 60,000 points over the next 8 weeks

Old Oct 14, 2010, 7:27 pm

Originally Posted by G144
A thread to complain about people complaining about people who complain about posts being off topic? Hey, I think that's me you're complaining about!
Watch out the thread police might get you...and me I guess as well

Back on topic...thanks to all who put in the hard work and discovered the answer. I went with New Zealand day one, but due to having no time chose Kauai on day 2. Lucky me if I get points, but I probably speled it wrong

Oh and I am waiting patiently for the big announcement....tonight
Old Oct 14, 2010, 8:12 pm

Originally Posted by Scooby3597
I think this week is pretty much wrapped up. Thanks to all who contributed.

Personally I did quite a bit of searching, but ended up spnning my wheels looking in places like Spain, Greece, Brazil, and Australia...

At least I will be ready if the next destination is one of those. Which brings me to the point of this post. With only two more weeks, what do you think the last two destinations will be?

I think one of them should be in Australia, maybe the other one in Europe.

Thoughts?
I hope one of the next destinations is Europe. Talk about a multitude of clues to choose from for almost anywhere in Europe!

Have to admit that getting points is awesome, but finding Flyertalk.com has been a big bonus. I read comments on a lot of different sites, articles, etc. and this has to be the nicest (mostly) bunch I have come across!

Catch y'all on the flip flop for the last clue...
Old Oct 14, 2010, 9:24 pm

Programs: UAL PCR
Originally Posted by mealto
Anyone actually traveled to a new location based on this contest that they would not have otherwise? Does not have to be a place that was featured in the contest. Just wanted to know if this contest made you stay at an IHG hotel that you may not have done so otherwise.
The turn around would have had to been pretty quick to have already traveled, but it has put the 'want/ need to travel' itch in my head.

I wouldn't stay at any other hotel than an IHG.
Old Oct 14, 2010, 9:33 pm

Programs: IHG, RC, HH, AA, QF, UA, Aeroplan
Originally Posted by cathy2907
Thanks for that.

So I have trouble writing/spelling? It doesnt make me nasty or sarcastic.

Really appreciated. I wont bother with this forum if you cant be polite to people
Hey Cathy

we all have limited time and know what it's like to do a quick comment or question. Spped typing without spellcheck!

Don't take offense

Good on you for getting on board
Old Oct 14, 2010, 9:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA ExPlat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by mealto
Anyone actually traveled to a new location based on this contest that they would not have otherwise?
In the last four or five weeks? Nope. Has it inspired me to think about future trips that I might otherwise have not done? YES! Will I stay at an IHG hotel because of the contest? YES! With the points earned here and CTC, IHG has definitely become more interesting to me.
Old Oct 14, 2010, 10:00 pm

Programs: AA, UA, SQ, VA, QF, AF, BA
Day 4 - Located in the Pacific

We nailed it!
Old Oct 14, 2010, 10:02 pm

HOPE:

Let's see a Day 4 clue something like this:

"Island paradise in the Pacific"

Thanks too all for your excellent "sleuthing" efforts. FT folks can crack any case.
Old Oct 14, 2010, 10:04 pm

Originally Posted by Tiki

We nailed it!
Do you know how big the Pacific is.?

Well I quess you do, your in Oz. with that clue, I cann't figure how it would nail anything.
Old Oct 14, 2010, 10:06 pm

Originally Posted by Tiki

We nailed it!
LOL
Old Oct 14, 2010, 10:20 pm

Programs: BA Gold, HH
Originally Posted by mech11
Do you know how big the Pacific is.?

Well I quess you do, your in Oz. with that clue, I cann't figure how it would nail anything.
exactly. it is almost as if they let one of the "interns" come up with this week's clues. while challenging enough, they were IMO too vague, unlike the Aruba clues. let's hope next week is better? LOL!
Old Oct 14, 2010, 10:37 pm

Smile

If anyone is still wondering here are the crabs in the photo.

http://www.hawaiimagazine.com/images...jpg?1241556385
Old Oct 14, 2010, 11:18 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
I have an idea where there was a delay with posting winners for week four, and why the grand prize winner is TBD.
The rules state the winners of week 4 and week 8 must sign and return an Afidaved within 10 days of being notified of winning. So they are probably waiting for this.

BTW, once again to those who think the adverts at the top of this page are 'revealing' the answer each week, the ads are just based on discussions here!!
Old Oct 15, 2010, 12:00 am

Programs: PCGoldAmbassador
How Many Brewski's

Originally Posted by britbronco22
I have an idea where there was a delay with posting winners for week four, and why the grand prize winner is TBD.
The rules state the winners of week 4 and week 8 must sign and return an Afidaved within 10 days of being notified of winning. So they are probably waiting for this.

BTW, once again to those who think the adverts at the top of this page are 'revealing' the answer each week, the ads are just based on discussions here!!
You guys sound like a bunch of drunk freaking frat boys!
Old Oct 15, 2010, 12:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
went with kauai hawaii, usa again today....just to be safe....
Old Oct 15, 2010, 2:13 am

Programs: Bonvoy Amb, Hilton Diamond
Thank you for taking the time to contact the Priority Club Rewards Service Center.

The reason why you did not receive information about this promotion is because this was designed for another segment of our member base. Please be advised that the “Crack the Case” promotion has a specific target market wherein only selected member are qualified to join. We regret that your account was not targeted for this offer.

Thank you for your patience and we apologize if we have caused any inconvenience. Should you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us. Attached is the link to our Service Centers' phone numbers page: http://www.priorityclub.com/contactus
fml

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.