Anywhere Challenge: Win up to 60,000 points over the next 8 weeks

Old Oct 14, 2010, 2:44 pm

Anyone actually traveled to a new location based on this contest that they would not have otherwise? Does not have to be a place that was featured in the contest. Just wanted to know if this contest made you stay at an IHG hotel that you may not have done so otherwise.

Last edited by mealto; Oct 14, 2010 at 2:57 pm
Old Oct 14, 2010, 2:46 pm

Programs: WestJet Dollars, BAEC, Aeroplan, AirMiles, IHG, BW and others
Originally Posted by newK2
it does seem like there is an element of randomness to the points being awarded
No change to the normal modus operandi for Priority Club then!!
Old Oct 14, 2010, 2:51 pm

Australia

Originally Posted by Scooby3597
I think this week is pretty much wrapped up. Thanks to all who contributed.

Personally I did quite a bit of searching, but ended up spnning my wheels looking in places like Spain, Greece, Brazil, and Australia...

At least I will be ready if the next destination is one of those. Which brings me to the point of this post. With only two more weeks, what do you think the last two destinations will be?

I think one of them should be in Australia, maybe the other one in Europe.

Thoughts?
The problem with Australia would be the clue for day 4 -- "Located in Australia!" I spent too much time trying to place this week in Europe, Africa, or Australia, and hooe they use them in the following weeks.
Old Oct 14, 2010, 3:13 pm

Originally Posted by newK2
I sent in exactly the same as above:

Kenai River, Kenai National Wildlife Refuge, AK, USA

and got no points

unless my submission the following week:

Sabah, Borneo, Malaysia

got no points

it does seem like there is an element of randomness to the points being awarded
Are you using one account or multiple accounts?

Perhaps they are picking up on multiple submissions from the same IP, or more likely, they messed up.
Old Oct 14, 2010, 3:30 pm

Originally Posted by Aitchly
Are you using one account or multiple accounts?

Perhaps they are picking up on multiple submissions from the same IP, or more likely, they messed up.
I only received points for week 4 and not week 3 also. I have just received a response from PC rewards service centre:

"Our record shows that points are awarded to the account after 4 weeks. May we verify as to when you have completed the challenge that you were not credited with the bonus points so we can further check our records."

so thats 4 weeks after Sept 24th?
Old Oct 14, 2010, 3:32 pm

Originally Posted by pete330
Well if you spell like above you have no chance
Thanks for that.

So I have trouble writing/spelling? It doesnt make me nasty or sarcastic.

Really appreciated. I wont bother with this forum if you cant be polite to people
Old Oct 14, 2010, 3:41 pm

Programs: IC Platinum Royal Ambassador, HH Gold
Originally Posted by cathy2907
Thanks for that.

So I have trouble writing/spelling? It doesnt make me nasty or sarcastic.

Really appreciated. I wont bother with this forum if you cant be polite to people
Don't leave, just ignore those who are so rude!

Has anyone noticed the add at the top will be related to the week's destination?

This was up this morning but I have not seen it since:

Last edited by jrc35jrc35; Oct 14, 2010 at 3:44 pm Reason: resized image
Old Oct 14, 2010, 4:04 pm

A thread to complain about people complaining about people who complain about posts being off topic? Hey, I think that's me you're complaining about!

Last edited by G144; Oct 14, 2010 at 4:09 pm Reason: Clarify
Old Oct 14, 2010, 4:12 pm

Originally Posted by Scooby3597
I think this week is pretty much wrapped up. Thanks to all who contributed.

Personally I did quite a bit of searching, but ended up spnning my wheels looking in places like Spain, Greece, Brazil, and Australia...

At least I will be ready if the next destination is one of those. Which brings me to the point of this post. With only two more weeks, what do you think the last two destinations will be?

I think one of them should be in Australia, maybe the other one in Europe.

Thoughts?
I'm with ya... I was spinning wheels in Thailand at the beginning of the week. My guess is that PC has figured out that we have some pretty smart people out here, and it's going to get REALLY tough! Maybe they will post a picture of a rock next Tuesday! With the hint that it's in a different country!
Old Oct 14, 2010, 4:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by jrc35jrc35
Has anyone noticed the add at the top will be related to the week's destination?
If you see ads on FT, they're related to the words on the FT page that you're reading.

So the ads about Kauai will only start appearing after FTers start talking about the place!
Old Oct 14, 2010, 5:20 pm

Programs: Priority Club Plat, AA Gold
Originally Posted by cathy2907
I apologise in advance for what may seem like a stupid question, but why are we so bothered aboutt he exact wording, I knno we have to be a fairly specific, but when they post the answer they just post -

ARUBA

COSTA RICA...

;o)
They don't just post Aruba, etc. as the answer. Under the huge ARUBA is, in small letters, Arikok National Park. Plenty of people put Aruba only and didn't get any points.
Old Oct 14, 2010, 5:26 pm

Programs: IC Platinum Royal Ambassador, HH Gold
Ugh! I forgot to put USA yesterday! Do you think just Kauai, Hawaii will count?
Old Oct 14, 2010, 6:40 pm

Programs: PC Plt Amb, HH, Airtran/US Air Elite
Ugh! I forgot to put USA yesterday! Do you think just Kauai, Hawaii will count?
Crap! I just did the same freakin' thing - and I read your post previously. I think I've been cursed!
Old Oct 14, 2010, 6:42 pm

Programs: IC Royal Platinum Amb 2M+, Marriott Platinum, HHH, WR, GPP, HGP, 1st-airPPC
Don't leave, just ignore those who are so rude!

This was up this morning but I have not seen it since:

I have noticed this as well during past weeks games. However, I noticed that it only reveals the vacation area around day 2 or 3 of the game week...nonetheless, very observant. The research everyone has contributed is impressive...many thanks from a new seeker on FT
Old Oct 14, 2010, 6:53 pm

Programs: Priority Club Rewards
Originally Posted by Mick163
I only received points for week 4 and not week 3 also. I have just received a response from PC rewards service centre:

"Our record shows that points are awarded to the account after 4 weeks. May we verify as to when you have completed the challenge that you were not credited with the bonus points so we can further check our records."

so thats 4 weeks after Sept 24th?
I'm not sure that their response to you even makes sense. Is it just me, or is the second sentence rather confusing?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.