Anywhere Challenge: Win up to 60,000 points over the next 8 weeks

Old Oct 14, 2010, 9:16 am

Yes, Spelunking in Kauai!

Originally Posted by Mick163
From Wiki: Caving—also known as spelunking by some in the United States and occasionally potholing in the United Kingdom...

Maybe its not as known as Maui, but the pictures give us the location. I found some You tube clips of Na poli caves and this http://www.whitneyzone.com/wz/ubbthr..._hike_Kauai_Ha and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=glSIjEtOMkI and http://www.istockphoto.com/stock-vid...=EN&id=5612980
http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserR...ai_Hawaii.html
Old Oct 14, 2010, 9:18 am

Originally Posted by Kmbrly
Here are mine from weeks 3 and 4:
Kenai Fjords National Park Alaska Day 3 1000 points Sipidan Island, Sabah Malaysia Borneo Day 2 1500 points

MESSAGE ME MESSAGE ME MESSAGE ME MESSAGE ME

Did you not read all the posts for the last 2 or 3 weeks from people asking other people NOT to post points here?

From what I've seen from my answers and points, if the winner is actually just Kauai, Hawaii, USA - then you should win with what you submitted yesterday. PC doesn't seem to pick up the extra verbiage. ^
More info on this later....

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT COMING TONIGHT
Old Oct 14, 2010, 9:27 am

Originally Posted by jrc35jrc35
They have not take ALL the photos from Shutterstock. I one I found of the foliage added to last weeks was from a travel information site about the area, not from Shutterstock.
Also the photo that was found today was also not from Shutterstock, it too was from a travel site about Hawaii.
The overwhelming majority of photos have all come from shutterstock since week one. Photos found on other websites were probably bought/used from shutterstock as well. The fact that 2 or 3 (or more) exact photos have not been found (yet) on shutterstock this week is a real departure from previous weeks. We should keep this in mind for the last 2 weeks.
Old Oct 14, 2010, 9:37 am

Originally Posted by Infoleech

Did you not read all the posts for the last 2 or 3 weeks from people asking other people NOT to post points here?

Uh yeah I did infoleech. And I also read YOUR post saying "I'm not following two of these buggers". So I kindly provided you with my answers. Good grief! LIGHTEN UP! Some of the negativity in this forum is ridiculous.It's a game people! If you do not want people to post point related stuff on this thread, then DON'T COME ON THIS THREAD TO ASK PEOPLE TO SEND YOU THEIR POINTS. Follow the other bugger and get your info there. Very hypocritical.

Last edited by Kmbrly; Oct 14, 2010 at 9:50 am
Old Oct 14, 2010, 9:54 am

Why do we need to message you about this? Just curious...I may have missed your original post.
Old Oct 14, 2010, 9:57 am

Programs: IHG RA, DL Dia, Hertz 5Star

Uh yeah I did infoleech. And I also read YOUR post saying "I'm not following two of these buggers". So I kindly provided you with my answers. Good grief! LIGHTEN UP! Some of the negativity in this forum is ridiculous.It's a game people! If you do not want people to post point related stuff on this thread, then DON'T COME ON THIS THREAD TO ASK PEOPLE TO SEND YOU THEIR POINTS. Follow the other bugger and get your info there. Very hypocritical.
+1

Additionally, unless you are the weekly winner, it is very few points for the amount of work expended by all.

To the attitude-laden newbies on this thread: Lighten up, folks. Try to keep it in perspective. I hope now that you have found FlyerTalk you also will become involved in the other forums in addition to this PCR game thread. Welcome to FT.
Old Oct 14, 2010, 9:58 am

Because he's trying to track what people have entered and the points they received in order to determine how PC is awarding points (i.e. abbreviations, etc.) And he apparently doesn't want to have to look in two locations for the info
Old Oct 14, 2010, 10:04 am

spelunking???

Is that a common word in the US? Apparently it is what us Brits call potholing.

I am beginning to feel there is a bit of a US bias in these clues! TV programmes that we have never heard of, colloquial language!!!

Old Oct 14, 2010, 10:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by Thunder30
Why do we need to message you about this? Just curious...I may have missed your original post.
Because he's trying to track what people have entered and the points they received in order to determine how PC is awarding points (i.e. abbreviations, etc.) And he apparently doesn't want to have to look in two locations for the info
makes sense....
Old Oct 14, 2010, 10:05 am

Originally Posted by Thunder30

OK, LETS GET THE FISTS FLYING,,,THIS IS MORE LIKE IT...
Old Oct 14, 2010, 10:05 am

Correct on all counts. The answers I have recieved for last 2 weeks have provided some great, nay, amazing insights.

And I think you're mistaking 'message' and 'post'. I don't want you to post points and answers, I'm not asking that. I want you to message me directly which you can do by clicking on my name, thus avoiding points/answers type posts in this thread.
Old Oct 14, 2010, 10:08 am

Programs: Priority Club Platinum Amb
Cool

And these people asking make up the rules now???? I want to see the points posts. Post on people!
Old Oct 14, 2010, 10:10 am

Originally Posted by dazbear
spelunking???

Is that a common word in the US? Apparently it is what us Brits call potholing.

I am beginning to feel there is a bit of a US bias in these clues! TV programmes that we have never heard of, colloquial language!!!

Don't worry dear, anything you cann't understand we will transcribe into English for you, seening that you are from a different land.
Old Oct 14, 2010, 10:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by lkar
Seems pretty clear at this point that anyone who doesn't enter just "Kauai, Hawaii, USA" is one of the following:

1) Convinced that additional specific information doesn't disqualify your answer. (Probably true.)

2) Already put that as an answer.

3) A contrarian.
Any reason to copy an answer from the day before? If not, since I already guessed Kauai, I'm going to start guessing wild things all over the place. Well, maybe not totally wild. Today was Maui...
Old Oct 14, 2010, 10:16 am

Correct on all counts. The answers I have recieved for last 2 weeks have provided some great, nay, amazing insights.

And I think you're mistaking 'message' and 'post'. I don't want you to post points and answers, I'm not asking that. I want you to message me directly which you can do by clicking on my name, thus avoiding points/answers type posts in this thread.
Ah, ok. Didn't realize you could do that. Will do in the future - thanks for the info. ^

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.