Anywhere Challenge: Win up to 60,000 points over the next 8 weeks

Old Oct 14, 2010, 8:27 am

Kauai "miles upon miles of beaches"

http://books.google.com/books?id=jP6...ed=0CDUQ6AEwAA
Old Oct 14, 2010, 8:28 am

Not that we needed further confirmation, but the red sand on the mountain is another clue that it is Kauai.
Old Oct 14, 2010, 8:29 am

Sure wish PC would give away a trip!

Wow. All this research for the past several weeks has really made me realize that I desperately need a vacation! Somewhere with beautiful blue waters, sand, palm trees. Like Kauai for example!!
Old Oct 14, 2010, 8:29 am

Originally Posted by margarita girl
Maybe you should post your request in the Points thread?

I think the challenge is that a lot of people (like me) only got points for 1 of the 2 weeks, and I'm not sure which one credited.
You can post for me, I'm not following 2 of these buggers!

That's a good point though about only getting 1 lot of points. I only got 1 lot but I know for sure which week they're from.
Old Oct 14, 2010, 8:30 am

Seems pretty clear at this point that anyone who doesn't enter just "Kauai, Hawaii, USA" is one of the following:

1) Convinced that additional specific information doesn't disqualify your answer. (Probably true.)

2) Already put that as an answer.

3) A contrarian.
Old Oct 14, 2010, 8:43 am

Originally Posted by BlueDog
You might want to spell out HAWAII (not HI). Some people reported that they didn't get credit for Kenai River, AK.
This is very, very good advice.
Old Oct 14, 2010, 8:49 am

Kauai

Unfortunately a busy day for me today so went ahead and answered Kauai. I don't know that I would have figured this one out by myself, so thanks to all of you! I put Poipu Beach, Kauai, Hawaii yesterday, so today just did Kauai Hawaii...if correct only 1000 points, but thats a 1000 I didn't have before. I received points yesterday for one of the guesses. I think it was the Alaska one, still waiting on Costa Rica but too soon for that one. Good luck everyone, check with you tomorrow.
Old Oct 14, 2010, 8:53 am

Originally Posted by Infoleech
PLEASE MESSAGE ME WITH YOUR ANSWERS!

I'm getting a good response but I know there's loads out there who haven't given me their answers!

Every time I post this I get a couple more, I guess people don't see it when they read previous pages!

Keep em' coming, I've got some really exciting news coming......!
Here are mine from weeks 3 and 4:
Kenai Fjords National Park Alaska Day 3 1000 points Sipidan Island, Sabah Malaysia Borneo Day 2 1500 points
Old Oct 14, 2010, 8:54 am

Programs: UAL PCR
Originally Posted by beltway
This is very, very good advice.
That doesn't make sense per the example answer given below the box on the Anywhere Challenge website. It says, "You must be detailed with your guess! Example: Mt. Rainier National Park, WA USA." To me that means we can abbreviate states and the missing points folks should be receiving their points.
Old Oct 14, 2010, 8:55 am

Originally Posted by countryfydgirl
Unfortunately a busy day for me today so went ahead and answered Kauai. I don't know that I would have figured this one out by myself, so thanks to all of you! I put Poipu Beach, Kauai, Hawaii yesterday, so today just did Kauai Hawaii...if correct only 1000 points, but thats a 1000 I didn't have before. I received points yesterday for one of the guesses. I think it was the Alaska one, still waiting on Costa Rica but too soon for that one. Good luck everyone, check with you tomorrow.
From what I've seen from my answers and points, if the winner is actually just Kauai, Hawaii, USA - then you should win with what you submitted yesterday. PC doesn't seem to pick up the extra verbiage. ^
Old Oct 14, 2010, 8:59 am

Originally Posted by Kmbrly
From what I've seen from my answers and points, if the winner is actually just Kauai, Hawaii, USA - then you should win with what you submitted yesterday. PC doesn't seem to pick up the extra verbiage. ^
That would rock! Although, I didn't put USA in the answer. I did not put it in my Alaska answer either, but received my points..so fingers crossed they don't count off this time. Thanks Kmbrly...
Old Oct 14, 2010, 9:00 am

Originally Posted by FisherKing
That doesn't make sense per the example answer given below the box on the Anywhere Challenge website. It says, "You must be detailed with your guess! Example: Mt. Rainier National Park, WA USA." To me that means we can abbreviate states and the missing points folks should be receiving their points.
That's a great theory, and one many of us relied on. Too bad Priority Club didn't get the memo.

For extensive evidence that points were not awarded when people used "AK" in their answers instead of "Alaska," see the other thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/inter...ur-points.html
Old Oct 14, 2010, 9:07 am

Programs: EB / FB / Topbonus
great competition.
Old Oct 14, 2010, 9:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by Parcool
OHHHHh!!! I WANT TO HEAR THE EXCITING NEWS!!

Old Oct 14, 2010, 9:13 am

When you guess there is a pop up that shows correct format and incorrect format. The correct format has the state abbreviated.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.