Anywhere Challenge: Win up to 60,000 points over the next 8 weeks

Old Oct 13, 2010, 5:29 pm

Originally Posted by jrc35jrc35
New thought:

Queensland, Australia - it's highest point is Mt. Bartle Frere
5,287 ft.

Has anyone looked for pictures yet in this area? I'm going to start now, just don't want to repeat.

I also thought maybe the foliage at the bottom might be part of a Moreton Fig tree. That is how I came across Queensland.
Wiki also says: The Moreton Bay Fig has been found growing on both native and introduced trees in New Zealand and in Hawaii.

Im going with POIPU BEACH, KAUAI, HAWAII, USA for today for no good reason but seems to be the most popular choice based on what we have so far and I need to sleep as well.
Old Oct 13, 2010, 5:32 pm

Originally Posted by wyurm
Nice thought, but I'm sure this thread is attracting plenty of new members. I'm one of those that was just a lurker until my favorite vacation destination (Kauai) was being guessed for this week. It's more likely that if PC employees are here, they would be lurking and taking action by changing the clues to make them more challenging rather than interfering with the contest by posting misleading guesses here.
PriorityClub Connect message boards are looking to here for answers, as we seem to get it in a day or 2
Old Oct 13, 2010, 5:51 pm

Me too: new thought

Originally Posted by jrc35jrc35
New thought:

Queensland, Australia - it's highest point is Mt. Bartle Frere
5,287 ft.

Has anyone looked for pictures yet in this area? I'm going to start now, just don't want to repeat.

I also thought maybe the foliage at the bottom might be part of a Moreton Fig tree. That is how I came across Queensland.
I am looking at Queensland also. There are some photos in shutterstock which have "similiar" looks. But the reason I am leaning towards Queensland is the direction the sails are. They appear to be in the southern hemisphere as someone earlier pointed out. @:-)

http://www.stockphotopro.com/imageview.php?idx=AR86AT#

http://www.stockphotopro.com/imagevi...?idx=887162EZV

Last edited by dianegr; Oct 13, 2010 at 6:49 pm Reason: add link
Old Oct 13, 2010, 6:00 pm

My guess is Kauai Island, Hawaii USA
Take a look at this pic
http://www.terragalleria.com/pacific...hawa33295.html
Old Oct 13, 2010, 6:16 pm

oh well, despite my reservations, I submitted Kauai, Hawaii, USA because I have no better guess.
Old Oct 13, 2010, 6:30 pm

Programs: UA GOLD MM,WN CP A+list, HH Gold,MR LT Titanium
No more time to spend today. Finally answered Kauai for one of our accounts and Tasmania for the other.

I have been to many beaches on Kauai and the one thing I question is the color of the sand. It was much whiter than the Challenge photo appears to be.
Old Oct 13, 2010, 6:45 pm

Done for the day

I give up for today. Poipu Beach, Kauai, Hawaii it is. Maybe they will go easy on us next week!
Old Oct 13, 2010, 6:46 pm

Programs: UA *Alliance
I went with Kauai, Hawaii, USA for today also.

I started to think that the waves look like they're crashing against the black rock formation and that that could be part of the blowhole on Kauai?
Old Oct 13, 2010, 6:56 pm

Programs: AA EXP, IHG PL, SPG G, MR G, HH G, CC G, AMEX PL
Day 2 for me is Kauai, Hawaii, USA.
Old Oct 13, 2010, 7:13 pm

Programs: IC Platinum Royal Ambassador, HH Gold
Originally Posted by dianegr
I am looking at Queensland also. There are some photos in shutterstock which have "similiar" looks. But the reason I am leaning towards Queensland is the direction the sails are. They appear to be in the southern hemisphere as someone earlier pointed out. @:-)

http://www.stockphotopro.com/imageview.php?idx=AR86AT#

http://www.stockphotopro.com/imagevi...?idx=887162EZV
I totally agree. I'll do more research tomorrow on Queensland.
Yes, I thought the way the sailboat was moving backwards was a clue.
Have a good evening.
Old Oct 13, 2010, 7:24 pm

agree with most... KAUAI. HAWAII, USA...too tired to look at any more pic
Old Oct 13, 2010, 7:30 pm
Original Member

Programs: All Airline & Hotel Programs (POINT JUNKIE!)
Yep - I'm bleary eyed from looking at pictures! Yesterday I went with Tasmania, Australia and Canary Islands, Spain. Today I'm going wityh Kauai, Hawaii, USA for both accts.
This has been so frustrating.....clues so vague....Last night I stayed up, but tonight I'm 'outta here' - Flying to Boston tomorrow (HIE, Cambridge LOL!)
Good luck! TTYL......
Old Oct 13, 2010, 7:35 pm

Programs: Military Space-A, UA Plat, AS MVP Gold 75K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat, HHonors Gold
And clothing optional, too! Strange choice for PC, I'd think. But, I'd go.
Originally Posted by mark jr
Old Oct 13, 2010, 8:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by bwfoy
agree with most... KAUAI. HAWAII, USA...too tired to look at any more pic
Ditto, and too tired to read this thread anymore...
Old Oct 13, 2010, 8:13 pm

Programs: Priority Club, Aeroplan, Hilton Honours, TD Travel Rewards
Originally Posted by zoobenny
i can carry on fighting the good fight, or i can sleep, it's a tough call to make!
My eyes must have been going fuzzy earlier when i was looking at photos because i thought one of the captions said 'hitler admiring the view', on second take realised it was 'hiker admiring the view'!!
^

lmao!!

How is sunny wales ... I was born in brynna nr pencoed ... In canada now ... Miss it!!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.