Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IC New York Times Square Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22, 2020, 1:04 am
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Originally Posted by ARR72
Anyone have an idea how far in advance this hotel processes upgrades to Ambassador reservations? I check in tomorrow for a 3 night stay and I still see my reservation unchanged from the Superior room I booked, Should I expect a one level upgrade to Deluxe or realistically a double upgrade?
I'll assume day of check in.My upgrade didn't show in the system online
I've never not been upgraded and more lately the hotel is really making a real extra effort to upgrade all Ambassadors.
The welcome letter@ arrival clearly states all elite AMB benefits in house and what they will do in the way of upgrade if available
They have an excellent expanded Ambassador check in area now with agents that have a can do attitude.
Avoid the front desk if at all possible they are not proficient and sometimes unfriendly and can be unhelpful

The hotel is aging and need of a renovation but in other regards its the most Ambassador friendly I've ever seen it since opening
Miss the great Brooklyn chocolates they use to gift us with in the room
Had one of the sky view corner upgrades last time on points without asking for an upgrade my favorite room
The hotel which I have been highly critical of in the past impresses me as they finally after years are getting recognition right
I still dislike the weird meh restaurant in the lobby and room service is pretty awful too
not2017 likes this.
Old Jan 22, 2020, 10:57 am

Programs: UA Platinum; IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by 777 global mile hound
I'll assume day of check in.My upgrade didn't show in the system online
I've never not been upgraded and more lately the hotel is really making a real extra effort to upgrade all Ambassadors.
The welcome letter@ arrival clearly states all elite AMB benefits in house and what they will do in the way of upgrade if available
They have an excellent expanded Ambassador check in area now with agents that have a can do attitude.
Avoid the front desk if at all possible they are not proficient and sometimes unfriendly and can be unhelpful

The hotel is aging and need of a renovation but in other regards its the most Ambassador friendly I've ever seen it since opening
Miss the great Brooklyn chocolates they use to gift us with in the room
Had one of the sky view corner upgrades last time on points without asking for an upgrade my favorite room
The hotel which I have been highly critical of in the past impresses me as they finally after years are getting recognition right
I still dislike the weird meh restaurant in the lobby and room service is pretty awful too
Thank you so much for the helpful feedback. I’ll definitely look for the Ambassador desk (I normally will just go straight to the main front desk since more often than not, the ambassador desks are unstaffed).

Last edited by ARR72; Jan 22, 2020 at 11:02 am Reason: Comments didn’t save appropriately
Old Feb 7, 2020, 8:00 am
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: UA Silver - IHG Spire AMB - Hilton Gold - Choice Hotels Platinum - Hertz Gold FiveStar
Another pleasant stay...Updated Perks...Great Times Square Location!

InterContinental - New York Times Square

Map| 4 Reviews | 100% Recommended

300 W 44th St New York, NY US 10036

Another pleasant stay...Updated Perks...Great Times Square Location! (4 Photos)

Check In

Arrived last Saturday at about 2pm.... Main check in lines were busy, about 10 people checking in at the time. The Ambassador check-in desk to the right of the main desk however was free, and we were greeted swiftly.

As an IHG Spire Ambassador I had booked a Deluxe Corner King and was upgraded to a Sky View Corner King on the 31st floor (3102) which was ready for early check-in. We were offered the AMB late checkout of 4pm for the next day as well. We were also informed of the new modified AMB benefits and inclusions of the $35 resort fee and off we went.

Rather than the previous AMB welcome amenity, a tray of fruit and nuts, they now issue a $20 food and beverage credit. I was also offered my choice of 600 IHG welcome points or two drink vouchers. We opted for the drinks this time and was happy to see some new perks there as well. The drink cards had the three IHG status levels on the back, Gold, Platinum and Spire, each of which includes a slightly different beverage option. Most notable inclusion of the Spire level is a "Cocktail" which was good for any specialty drink up to $20 at the Stinger Bar. Nice to not be limited to the typical House Wine, Beer or Well Drink.

3.jpg

Room

The room was a typical small-ish NYC room, but with a great corner view from the 31st floor, room 3102. Not much extra space in bedroom area, but it was more than fine for the night. The bathroom was great with it's oversized walk-in rain shower.

2.jpg

1.jpg

Dining

As mentioned, between the welcome amenity free drinks, resort fee credit of $25 for food and beverages, and the AMB $20 perk, we had $45 to use up so we stopped in the Stinger Bar/Resturant for pre-dinner drinks, an app and a dessert to go since the perks need to be used by midnight of the check in day. I ordered the Stinger Margarita, my wife a White Russian, some buffalo wings and slice of chocolate cake to go. Everything was tasty and well made.

Location is great, parking options directly accross the street from the hotel enterance (full at time of check-in) and also about a half a block BEFORE the hotel enterance...both are Edison Park Fast locations. Be sure to validate at the hotel AMB or main check-in desk for $10 off the 24-hour rate. Came to $42 vs. $52 standard rate. I enjoyed being about a block outside Times Square at this IC, keeps things a little quieter. We were seeing a show that night at the Broadhurst Theater (Jagged Little Pill) which is an easy 2-3 min walk from the IC front doors. 

4.jpg

Overall

Just as nice as our previous stays and appreciate the changes to the AMB perks and useful new components of the mandatory $35 resort fee. I continue to reccommend this IC Times Square  to family and friends. We'll be back soon!

Another pleasant stay...Updated Perks...Great Times Square Location!

Would you like to write a review on the InterContinental - New York Times Square?

No, thank you.
Yes
Old Jun 17, 2021, 10:12 pm

Anyone here since the pandemic on?
Old Jun 18, 2021, 1:55 am

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Titanium, AA PLT for Life
Anyone here since the pandemic on?
Yes, the restaurant was closed. Some chunk of the lobby is blocked off. The rooms were cleaned daily. They brought me a fridge.

Absolutely adequate.
Old Jun 18, 2021, 6:57 pm

Originally Posted by rogo
Yes, the restaurant was closed. Some chunk of the lobby is blocked off. The rooms were cleaned daily. They brought me a fridge.

Absolutely adequate.
Thanks for the heads up
What do they do for Ambassadors for the 20 dollar dining credit? IOU for a future stay?
I think in the past you could use if for mini bar or in room dining as well

Last edited by 777 global mile hound; Jun 18, 2021 at 7:25 pm
Old Jun 18, 2021, 8:10 pm

Programs: Intercontinental Royal Ambassador, Bonvoy, Aeroflot Platinum, Delta SkyMiles, KLM Flying Blue
Thanks for the heads up
What do they do for Ambassadors for the 20 dollar dining credit? IOU for a future stay?
I think in the past you could use if for mini bar or in room dining as well
I’ve stayed at InterCont Times Square several times this year, with the most recent visit being the end of March. For the Ambassador $20 dining credit they give you certificates for the Vanilla Gorilla cafe just down the same block. They gave us $20 per person per day, which was enough to get coffee and pastries for breakfast and then come back later in the day to get coffee and a snack with the second certificate. You have to use the full $20 of each certificate in one go…

you can see the vanilla gorilla menu here:
https://www.vanillagorillacafe.com/
Old Jun 18, 2021, 8:20 pm

Originally Posted by Gentleman Adventurer
I’ve stayed at InterCont Times Square several times this year, with the most recent visit being the end of March. For the Ambassador $20 dining credit they give you certificates for the Vanilla Gorilla cafe just down the same block. They gave us $20 per person per day, which was enough to get coffee and pastries for breakfast and then come back later in the day to get coffee and a snack with the second certificate. You have to use the full $20 of each certificate in one go…

you can see the vanilla gorilla menu here:
https://www.vanillagorillacafe.com/
Good to know mystery solved Appreciate you sharing the menu too 👍
Excited to try the Vanilla Gorilla experience sounds quite 5 star
Old Jun 19, 2021, 8:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
I stayed recently as RA and they said in lieu of breakfast they would give me 5000 points per night.

And the mini-bar is stocked so I got that benefit too.
Old Jun 19, 2021, 2:12 pm

Originally Posted by stimpy
I stayed recently as RA and they said in lieu of breakfast they would give me 5000 points per night.

And the mini-bar is stocked so I got that benefit too.
Nice I’m a mere peon Ambassador so unlikely worthy
Old Jul 29, 2021, 9:47 am

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Good to know mystery solved Appreciate you sharing the menu too 👍
Excited to try the Vanilla Gorilla experience sounds quite 5 star
FYI Ambassador credit is no longer for the Vanilla Gorilla, but either Minibar or the Stinger, which is only open for breakfast. $20 per stay. No menu available online, but I'll report back after my stay this weekend as to what that can get you.
Old Aug 1, 2021, 7:53 am

Alas the $20 food and beverage credit is pretty useless currently . The breakfast menu is quite limited

Since you already have to pay the amenity fee and get $20 for the minibar each night, it's basically a devaluation.

Update: 30 minutes after I ordered my omelet, they told me they were out of mushrooms and did I want to order something else.
ernestnywang likes this.

Last edited by Adam1222; Aug 1, 2021 at 8:27 am
Old Aug 10, 2021, 2:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Got this in an email just now.

Summer is in full swing in NYC and here at InterContinental Times Square, we are delighted to welcome you with renewed luxurious accommodations offering breathtaking skyline views. Book our "One For $1 Breakfast" offer and kick-start your day for just $1 served in our restaurant, The Stinger.
Old Aug 11, 2021, 6:15 am

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
Originally Posted by stimpy
we are delighted to welcome you with renewed luxurious accommodations
Did we somehow miss a renovation that occurred? Or is this marketing speak?

Last time I stayed there the rooms and the carpeting in the hallways were very tired and I guess I assumed they wouldn't renovate until the hotels position as an IC was more definite....since they seem to try and get out of the contract all the time.
Old Aug 11, 2021, 6:47 am

Originally Posted by christianj
Did we somehow miss a renovation that occurred? Or is this marketing speak?

Last time I stayed there the rooms and the carpeting in the hallways were very tired and I guess I assumed they wouldn't renovate until the hotels position as an IC was more definite....since they seem to try and get out of the contract all the time.
Half the hotel has been renovated. (Lower floors)
The rooms that are in blue tones on the website are renovated. Annoying because upgrades put you in un-renovated rooms (with views)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.