Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ambassador enrolment will now be $200 from July 01, 2010

Search this Thread

Old Jul 1, 2010, 1:40 am

Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero
Yes, it is indeed showing $200 on this IHG page now.

Given the promos to earn Ambassador, as well as the 24k point offer, there are still inexpensive way to join. Most of the Ambassador upgrades are worth at least $20 a day, and with late checkout, water and offer spiffs, you can easily get double that in value each day.

If you're not doing a few stays at ICs, then it may be money that is mostly wasted.
The 24k Offer is gone.

From the IHG-Website:
Upgrade to Ambassador by redeeming 32,000 Priority ClubŽ points.
Old Jul 1, 2010, 1:52 am

Programs: PC Plat Amb, SPG, KLM Flying Blue, Lufthansa Miles&More
Booma thanks for the info ... turn was not unexpected.
Old Jul 1, 2010, 1:54 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: Hertz Gold / Hilton Diamond / Hyatt Plat / Marriott Gold / IC RA / SPG Plat
Originally Posted by Boooma
:
Upgrade to Ambassador by redeeming 32,000 Priority ClubŽ points.
gone up by a 1/3 rd....consistent with the price increase.
Old Jul 1, 2010, 3:15 am

I don't think we can expect anything new, they just raise the fee and that's all.
Of course I can make a list of things I woold like, but it's on the minds of the IC managers why they did such a raise without warning.
Of course this will low a little bit the quantity of Ambassadors in the mid-term.
Old Jul 1, 2010, 5:56 am

Programs: Priority Club
How long does it normally take for the confirmation when paying by points?

I submitted my application at about 9pm UK time yesterday (so about 4pm east cost US time) and apart from an e-mail saying they've received my application nothing else has happened yet (not even points being deducted from my account).
Old Jul 1, 2010, 6:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Originally Posted by Barry Bethal

I submitted my application at about 9pm UK time yesterday (so about 4pm east cost US time) and apart from an e-mail saying they've received my application nothing else has happened yet (not even points being deducted from my account).
Should've called - it's instant.
Old Jul 1, 2010, 6:22 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: Hertz Gold / Hilton Diamond / Hyatt Plat / Marriott Gold / IC RA / SPG Plat
Originally Posted by Barry Bethal

I wouldn't worry...as long as you submitted last night then they should only take the 24k points...not 32k!
Old Jul 1, 2010, 7:47 am

Honestly, I am fine with an increase in the initial cost as long as renewal stays the same. Worst case it would reduce the number of Ambassadors, which would only strengthen the chance of receiving quality benefits if Ambassador becomes a rarer thing to see at hotels.
Old Jul 2, 2010, 4:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
No complaint about this. I still think Ambassador pays for itself with stay benefits and the BOGO/5K certs. I think I paid $100 in the 80s to join the Six Continents Club so given the rate of inflation and the decline of the US$ against many world currencies (and in spite of recent unexplainable rise in the US$) the price is pretty much what it was back then.
Old Jul 2, 2010, 5:39 am

Programs: AA, UA, DL , IHG Plat, Bonvoy Gold - 2009 FT Fantasy Football Champion
Too much of an increase
Old Jul 2, 2010, 9:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Ouch, definitely not buying it in the future. Glad I'm AMB now...
Old Jul 2, 2010, 12:14 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
A substantial increase in price after a reduction in benefits is not a way to motivate informed customers to sign up to the program.
Old Jul 2, 2010, 12:36 pm

Definitely will decrease the number of new members. If they increase the renewal fee, they´ll lose many more. And these are repeat customers. Those they want to keep, but why not try to attract new ones too? Once people buy AMB, they´re much more likely to stay at ICs and at other ICHG-hotels too to get the points we need to redeem at ICs.
Old Jul 2, 2010, 1:06 pm
Suspended

Programs: OWE, Hilton GOLD and counting
Bad move by IHG.

First they changed Weekend Voucher flexibilities.

Then now they introduce 25% rise in Sign-up price without enhanced benefits.

Any sensible marketier would introduce the price heck with kind of compensation e.g. better recognition programme (guranteed Club upgrade or 2000 points per night earning rather than 2000 points per stay earning to name a few...)

I will delay my renew decision for next year until further programme update being introduced.
Old Jul 2, 2010, 5:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Eliminating the bottom skimmers to strengthen the program for those of us who stay on. The fewer the number of Ambassadors the more available the benefits. A very sound business move so I welcome the disgruntled to drop away so those of us who remain get better treatment.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.