FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   InterContinental Hotels | IHG One Rewards and Intercontinental Ambassador (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/intercontinental-hotels-ihg-one-rewards-intercontinental-ambassador-426/)
-   -   Praise for Guest Relations IC San Francisco. (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/intercontinental-hotels-ihg-one-rewards-intercontinental-ambassador/1050774-praise-guest-relations-ic-san-francisco.html)

BingBongBoy Feb 11, 2010 5:58 am

Praise for Guest Relations IC San Francisco.

Hey Y'all!

Now, we are all quick off the mark to comment and post about bad service or poor properties, however a little tale...

I am planning a big trip to the US west coast for my 30th birthday in a couple of months. 7 nights in San Francisco, 5 of us in total going. I would have loved to have stayed at the IC as it looks outstanding, but was way out of my budget, so we opted for other accommodation.

I did however contact the IC in San Francisco to enquire if they offered "Afternoon Tea" or "High Tea" in any of their eateries in the property as a little treat whilst we are there. I am not sure what I was expecting, however I have had an outstanding response from a lady in Guest Relations.

First of all, early birthday wishes and an apology that they did not offer what I was looking for at their property, but she would contact the Mark Hopkins and see if they did. I received another e-mail a few hours later advising that the MH does not do it either. However...

In that time, this lovely lady had compiled a PDF document listing other hotels and tea rooms in San Francisco that offer Afternoon or High tea, opening times, web sites and the likes... I was very taken aback. Really very much above and beyond what I would ever have expected. I really am taken aback, in a very good way!

Is there an official way of saying thank you? General manager maybe?

Best Regards,

sobore Feb 11, 2010 6:06 am

Nice to hear. Did you get the lady's name? It's always nice to give credit to employees of this high caliber.

BingBongBoy Feb 11, 2010 6:10 am

Originally Posted by sobore (Post 13369649)
Nice to hear. Did you get the lady's name? It's always nice to give credit to employees of this high caliber.

Indeed, I do have her name. Do you think an e-mail to the property GM is enough? Or maybe pop in a small gift when I am in SF?

sobore Feb 11, 2010 6:55 am

Originally Posted by BingBongBoy (Post 13369656)
Indeed, I do have her name. Do you think an e-mail to the property GM is enough? Or maybe pop in a small gift when I am in SF?

In the past I would send an email to the property manager and CC the corporate office.
I think I used [email protected] as the CC address.
I’m not sure how it matters but maybe there is some benefit to the employee for doing such a great job.

BingBongBoy Feb 11, 2010 7:54 am

Originally Posted by sobore (Post 13369832)
In the past I would send an email to the property manager and CC the corporate office.
I think I used [email protected] as the CC address.
I’m not sure how it matters but maybe there is some benefit to the employee for doing such a great job.

Thank you sobore... I will indeed do that. And may pick up something from the "British" gift shop and T5 on my way out to drop off at the property.

Thanks for the assistance.

Regards,

equalityforall Feb 11, 2010 8:55 am

There are some outstanding staff at this hotel - I stay here a few times a year.

Shiani, Patricia Arp and Gina (Lounge) all go well out of their way to help you - If it was any one of these I know they'd be really touched if you gave them any feedback personally, and letting their boss know would be an even nicer way to say thanks. This hotel has cut some staff over the last year or so, so anything that we can do to help secure someone's job, when they work so hard for us, has got to be worth it. These 3 people are very decent and accomodating - there are many others at the property who are highly recommendable too.

I arrive there April 1st, if you're around btw, would be good to say hi.

BA1A Feb 11, 2010 9:06 am

Originally Posted by BingBongBoy (Post 13370158)
... And may pick up something from the "British" gift shop and T5 on my way out to drop off at the property.

Thanks for the assistance.

Regards,

Nice gesture BBB. You could also drop an email to the Americas Customer Service team as well.

Email details can be found here:

http://www.ihgplc.com/innovation/index.asp?pageid=38

antonius66 Feb 11, 2010 9:09 am

When I stayed at the IC SF, I was nothing but pleased with their customer service. First rate.