Can one earn points for two rooms ? [merged]

Old Feb 8, 2009, 3:39 pm
Original Poster

Programs: IB plus Platinum, JK Gold, BAEC Silver, LH Senator, PC Platinum Ambassador
Booking two rooms on same property, getting PC points for both rooms?

I need to do a multiple booking at 2 different IC properties worldwide, should I get PC points only for my room or for anyone made under my PC profile?

Thanks.
Old Feb 8, 2009, 4:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
You can legitimately get points for a second room booked in your name, but you will not the get night/stay credit, just the value of money spent.
Old Feb 8, 2009, 4:36 pm

Programs: AS MVPG 100k
If you book 2 rooms at the same hotel (or at different hotels on the same night) you will get full points (incl bonuses) for the the first room, and in the USA only you will get spending-based points for the 2nd room.

You can book a room for somebody else from your own PC account, and get points for that stay - even if they pay with their own CC. This may not be "legitimate" but that is the way that it works in practice.
Old Dec 13, 2009, 9:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
Can one earn points for two rooms ? [merged]

I recently stayed at a Holiday Inn Express and made a booking for my colleague. I got points, but for my colleague's stay it says "Overlapping stay - no points" or so, is this right? I thought it was fairly common to get two rooms points per night, at least at Marriott.
Old Dec 13, 2009, 10:14 pm

Programs: IC RA, KrisFlyer, Evergreen
This has been discussed several times before.

If the bookings are both made under 1 account, only 1 room will get the points/qualifying nights.
Old Dec 13, 2009, 10:39 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by mister__big
This has been discussed several times before.

If the bookings are both made under 1 account, only 1 room will get the points/qualifying nights.

Right, one room only per account
Old Dec 14, 2009, 12:41 am

Duh.. another noob question. Is it advantageous to breakup a continus stay (in the same property) into one-day-each separate stay? What are pros and cons?

Thanks,
Old Dec 14, 2009, 12:54 am

Programs: IC RA, KrisFlyer, Evergreen
@kshastry: Again this has been discussed many times before. Please do a search next time.

Doesn't matter if you break up a consecutive stay into several separate bookings. Even if you check out and check back in, PC will count it as one single stay.
Old Dec 14, 2009, 1:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Originally Posted by kshastry
Duh.. another noob question. Is it advantageous to breakup a continus stay (in the same property) into one-day-each separate stay? What are pros and cons?

Thanks,
If it's the same property, absolutely no use.

If you do a "matrasse run" changing to another property every night it might be sensible in two cases

1/ the properties (at least some of them) are ICs

2/ there are some promo out there connected to stays and not nights - ie. if a promo kicks on on your second stay, as some double point promos did lately.

Pro - more points, what else?
Con - change your hotel/room every night
Old Dec 14, 2009, 4:19 am

be that as it may, overlapping stay still has miles
see my most recent case
i have 2 rooms at the same property
1 room counts as qs, 1000miles, the other counts as non-qualifying night, non-qs, but still 500miles.
this is great, cause we only have 1 night here.

28 Nov 2009 0 LUOHU SHENZHEN

SHENZHEN,
CHINA

Bill Not Available | Add To Favorites Overlapping Stay
- Miles to CHINA xxx 800 mi.
0 pts.
28 Nov 2009 1 LUOHU SHENZHEN

SHENZHEN,
CHINA

Bill Not Available | Add To Favorites Qualifying Stay
- Miles to CHINA xxx
mb iii double points/miles '09
1,000 point bonus offer 800 mi.
800 mi.
1000 pts.

1000 pts
Old Dec 16, 2009, 3:37 pm

Programs: VS Gold, IHG RA/Plat, Marriott Plat
I don't know whether this is true in US or other continents, but in Europe a lot of hotels allow you to claim points/miles upto 2 rooms per account.

I've done a number of trips in Europe this year, and every time the 2-room policy has been confirmed by the front desk and I got points within 5 days. So I don't have to claim the lower value IHG Business Club points for the second room.
Old Dec 16, 2009, 7:08 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

From the T&Cs ( good place to look for terms and conditions) at http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/pc/.../0/en/ptc.html

Originally Posted by T&C
Only one room will be credited per member per night; however, at U.S. and Canadian hotels (except InterContinental), you can collect points or miles on all Eligible Charges for multiple hotel rooms (less than 10), provided those rooms are used in conjunction with your stay at the same hotel, and your Priority Club Rewards member number is recorded on each reservation, or the charges from those multiple room reservations are referred to on the hotel room bill associated with your reservation.

Only the member whose name is on the reservation record will be awarded points and will be awarded Qualifying Night credit toward achieving Elite-level status or other promotional goals. Only one Qualifying Night credit, per member, per night will be awarded regardless of the number of reservations booked and paid for by the member. Points and/or Qualifying Night credit are not awarded for "no shows" even if the room is paid for in full.
Dave
Old Dec 17, 2009, 8:41 am

Programs: VS Gold, IHG RA/Plat, Marriott Plat
Just ask the front desk to put all spending on your room (transfer the bill from the other room to yours), you will only have one qualifying night but twice of points.

As I said that works in a lot of European hotels, especially business oriented ones (not leisure oriented).
Old Dec 17, 2009, 9:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB lifetime Gold, BW Diam Sel
And there's also a "PLEASE READ FIRST" master thread for this forum (InterContinental Hotels), but for some reason, people don't seem to understand what "PLEASE READ FIRST" means!

Familiarizing yourself with the T&Cs (as suggested above) is also a good move for ANY program. You'll learn far more that way than by starting zillions of new threads asking repetitious, well-worn questions.
Old Dec 17, 2009, 11:00 am

Programs: UA-lifetime Platinum (2MM), IHG-Amb, HH-Diamond, Hertz-PC, Marriott-Gold, CX-AM
UA Fan, you might want to take a look at this thread:

Will I get the points???

It shows you the tricks to get ALL the points from the ALL the money spent on 1+ rooms. Hope the info helps.

Just ignore the previous poster who asked you to read "PLEASE READ FIRST". He/she obviously doesn't belong here. I rather see people starting zillions of new threads asking repetitious, well-worn questions than some meaningless posts in order to make himself so-called "FlyerTalk Evangelist". At least so far 244 clicks on this thread; it means 244 visitors here want to know the answer.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.