Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IC Miami Doral Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jan 16, 2019, 5:39 pm

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold
FYI, I am just staying at the IC Doral and a letter at the check in states that they will cease operations of the airport shuttle to/from MIA airport from Feb. 1st, 2019. So no airport pick up anymore.
Old Jan 16, 2019, 11:08 pm

Programs: QR Plat, HH Diamond
Doral is not one of the best ICs but with the shuttle I always thought of it as one of the best airport hotels in the world for the price point
Old Jan 17, 2019, 7:56 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Global Entry
I've always written this one off in my trips to Miami. I will be going to Miami for the Ultra Music Festival, and the other IC is completely sold out. Even if I can find a room there or near it, the price is absurd. I think it's time to give this one a chance.
Old Jan 17, 2019, 2:59 pm

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold
I really liked the Club lounge at the Doral, fantastic breakfast and great food for happy hour! I was upgraded on a points booking to a King Club room.
Old Jan 30, 2022, 2:13 pm

Programs: AA PLAT, HILTON DIAMOND, MARRIOTT LIFETIME TITANIUM
Does anyone know if the Club Lounge at this property has opened up after Covid?
Old Mar 28, 2022, 1:21 pm

Programs: Avios Hunter
Just had a 1 night award stay there last week. Shouldn't be classifed as an IC in my opinion, at best it's a tired Crowne Plaza, and definitely has a slightly souless airport hotel feel to it including the combined lobby/bar. Room was a good size, and had a clock/alarm that had wireless charging which was useful. AMB amenity was some small slices of fruit and some candied nuts and a $20 bill reduction. But bathroom quiet old fashioned with shower over the bath, hardly IC standard. Ate during happy hr and the prices are good for that ($4 for domestic bottled beer.). Airport shuttle is now for airline staff only, but we did hitch a ride on it to a local big walwart that had a starbucks close by for a bit of breakfast. Honoured 4pm amb checkout.

Clearly not a destination hotel, but as the last night of our trip, it was a completely unremarkable stay.

I wasn't aware that there was a lounge there, so no idea if it was open.
Old Aug 5, 2022, 7:01 pm

When I stayed there last summer, the Club lounge was closed due to COVID and no staff to operate it so they moved to the lobby level right behind the bar so that is where I had to go down, felt it wasn't private and the food was so limited and POS as well. I had to complained to the manager and the IC and even Ambassador customer service too. They apologized so therefore my 3 night stay was about $600 so they trimmed down to $200 and gave me voucher for one weekend stay as for the inconvenience I had experienced so I'll give them other try by end of this year and see if there is improvement. My video where the "temporary" Club Lounge was and see what food they had to offer to all Club guests. What a joke.

Old Aug 6, 2022, 7:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by JoshPaul
When I stayed there last summer, the Club lounge was closed due to COVID and no staff to operate it so they moved to the lobby level right behind the bar so that is where I had to go down, felt it wasn't private and the food was so limited and POS as well. I had to complained to the manager and the IC and even Ambassador customer service too. They apologized so therefore my 3 night stay was about $600 so they trimmed down to $200 and gave me voucher for one weekend stay as for the inconvenience I had experienced.
Has the Compensation Clinic arrived on Flyertalk? 😬
ProjectSunburst and rickesh like this.
Old Oct 6, 2022, 8:18 am

I just stumbled on the website that they charge 12 USD per day for parking? Is this new? Is that really how it is practiced? ... then the IC Doral would be over for me....
Old Oct 6, 2022, 12:55 pm

Originally Posted by Airwalk007
I just stumbled on the website that they charge 12 USD per day for parking? Is this new? Is that really how it is practiced? ... then the IC Doral would be over for me....
I checked out about 10 days ago, I saw the charge listed too online. I asked at checkout if there was any fee for the 3 nights parking, and after looking at my reservation I was told no fee. Not sure if it was due to my AMB and/or Diamond status though (or if it was because I booked 6 months ago when there was no charge)
Airwalk007 likes this.
Old Nov 8, 2022, 2:33 am

Programs: A3 Gold, AA Platinum, Marriott & Discovery Platinum, IGH Diamond
Does anyone know how they handle Diamond breakfast at this hotel? Full breakfast or some bulls*it reduced version? Also, experiences of getting 4PM checkout as a Diamond ?

Thanks & regards,

El Puerco Volante

Last edited by El Puerco Volante; Nov 8, 2022 at 2:41 am
Old Nov 9, 2022, 12:55 pm

Programs: TP Gold; IB Oro; G3 Diamond; AD Diamond; LA Plat.; HH Diamond; IHG Diam Amb; Marriott Plat.
Originally Posted by El Puerco Volante
Does anyone know how they handle Diamond breakfast at this hotel? Full breakfast or some bulls*it reduced version? Also, experiences of getting 4PM checkout as a Diamond ?

Thanks & regards,

El Puerco Volante
Full breakfast at restaurant on ground floor. Pretty decent, friendly service. Was there last week.

Was proactively asked if I wanted late check-out (no mention as to what time), but I had an early flight.

Make sure you ask for complimentary parking (I think it is the yellow sign, which you need to put in vehicle). I wasn´t offered it at first.
Old Sep 10, 2023, 8:02 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
I've decided to try this place out.
Bit of a jaunt to get there from the airport. $19.98 in an Uber as I couldn't be bothered working anything else out.

Anyway, got a room before 10am across from the club lounge, that is naturally closed until today (I assume that includes today) - did forget to mention lounge access, so not sure about that or other benefits.
(There's a Ł67.10 / $85 hold on my card for incidentals or whatever. Rather a random amount!)

Added: lounge was open on the Monday morning, keycard didn't work, so went to reception and they added access without an issue.
2 others in there, and 2 staff.

Hot food. Scrambled eggs, boiled eggs, ham, bacon, hash browns and these Hispanic pasty things.

Fruit, cold cuts and cheese, porridge, breads etc.

Few room photos:

Same toiletries thatvI had in the Sofia IC. All bottles attatched to the wall, and no mini bars or bottles to take home.

Very low toilet and toilet roll holders to match.

Shallow bath tub with shower

Cupboard with a little that stayed on a bit longer than it should have after the doors were closed.

Usual Keurig coffee machine

Mini fridge that was empty, but seems to have one side designed for full sized bottles.

USB A sockets with the odd plug socket around the room.

Good bedside lamp that actually illuminated the room.

View of the pool etc. Maybe a bit of downtown Miami. Heavier curtains were behind the thinner ones which meant you had to move them out of the way to darken the room / more privacy.
milemission likes this.

Last edited by xenole; Sep 12, 2023 at 11:37 am
Old Nov 17, 2023, 10:45 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Lufthansa: Senator || IHG: Diamond Royal Ambassador Inner Circle || Plutonium Status
To add to the mystique of IC Miami Doral,
an audiovisual experience by Jim & Val
i'm becoming a big fan of their creations !

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.