Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Information Desk
Reload this Page >

Help needed with seat selection for oeing 787-9, thanks

Old May 22, 2023, 6:37 am
Original Poster

Will fly with kid for 13hr, do you think the seats I chose is good? Thanks for any suggestion!

Old May 22, 2023, 9:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
Maybe the kid prefers the window seat rather than sitting next to a stranger in the window seat? (it is almost guaranteed that a passenger will be seated in the window seat/you will not have the entire row to yourself)
Old May 22, 2023, 9:14 am

Programs: American, Delta, JetBlue, United
I personally would prefer to move up to row 40 or over to row 42 on the other side of the plane rather than sit so close to the toilet area in the rear.

Last edited by JPG3392; May 22, 2023 at 9:15 am Reason: Corrected typo.
Old May 22, 2023, 10:56 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SK AAR
Maybe the kid prefers the window seat rather than sitting next to a stranger in the window seat? (it is almost guaranteed that a passenger will be seated in the window seat/you will not have the entire row to yourself)
Thank you. That's what I thought hope we can have the entire row

Originally Posted by JPG3392
I personally would prefer to move up to row 40 or over to row 42 on the other side of the plane rather than sit so close to the toilet area in the rear.
Thank you. Do you think the middle seat of 44 can be reclined to lower position because there is no seat behind? Just hope kid can sleep better.

Last edited by chgoeditor; May 22, 2023 at 3:57 pm
Old May 22, 2023, 11:39 am
Moderator: Information Desk, Women Travelers, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold
Check out seatguru.com -- it should have more detailed info about the pros and cons of each seat.
Old May 22, 2023, 12:15 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by chgoeditor
Check out seatguru.com -- it should have more detailed info about the pros and cons of each seat.
Thank you. I checked seatguru. It's a little difference with map from ac. I think it's better to select 44 J, K more than 44H.

Originally Posted by chgoeditor

Last edited by chgoeditor; May 22, 2023 at 3:57 pm

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.