Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Information Desk
Reload this Page >

Current Lounge Access with award and Priority Pass

Old May 18, 2023, 12:38 pm
Original Poster

Hello! I have a trip coming up in a few days. I just wanted to see if there are any new data points about what Ill be able to use in terms of lounges via award booking and my priority pass, and admirals club access (authorized user w/ sapphire reserve and authorized user with citis AA world elite ) I will not be with the primary on w/ either card but will have a guest with me.

booking route:

partner award using AA on Qatar business

MCI to
DFW to
IAH to
DOH to
JNB

partner award using AA on Qatar business

CPT to
DOH to
ORD

is there a flagship lounge or other lounges and access included at DFW/IAH with the J award ticket?

Priority Pass restaurant access with AU CSR in IAH?

I assume the safwa business lounge is still accessible in DOH? I heard some issues happening back a few years ago.

Any other helpful ideas?

Thanks!
Old May 18, 2023, 3:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Lounge access can be based on
  • class of travel - business first
  • airline status (OWE OWS)
  • paid airline lounge membership [like Admirals club, Qantas club]
  • third party lounge's via paid or complimentary membership [Priority pass and the like]
  • credit card lounge [like some Amex lounges]

Paid airline lounge membership generally only when travelling on that airline.
USA domestic/regional itineraries generally does not have lounge access based on class of travel. Are exceptions. Including domestic with international flights on the same itinerary.
Some airlines, like QR, are now restrict lounge access on cheaper cash paid business class tickets. And QR limits which lounge can be accessed
At times can be difficult to establish basis of lounge access.

With non USA travel on Oneworld airlines you will have departure access based on class of travel (business class).
Arrival access is very uncommon and not a OW benefit.
Look at the OW site https://www.oneworld.com/airport-lounges

Last edited by Mwenenzi; May 18, 2023 at 6:05 pm
Old May 18, 2023, 3:32 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
With a business class ticket, assuming that it was issued by AA, regardless of whether it's an award, you have access to the Flagship Lounges at DFW and ORD. It also provides you with access the Admirals Club at IAH.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.