FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Information Desk (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/information-desk-730/)
-   -   Allegiant Air reviews? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/information-desk/2113704-allegiant-air-reviews.html)

sam007 Mar 2, 2023 11:46 am

Allegiant Air reviews?

Guys - didn't know where to post this and there is very little info on this airline - Allegiant Air. I'm looking at this flight - does anybody know if it's typically on time and what airplane is it? I can't find details on flightaware or elsewhere. I don't care about any frills (just getting from point A to B). Thank you

Orlando Sanford International Airport (SFB) 7:25am
To:
Portsmouth International Airport at Pease (PSM) 10:18am

guv1976 Mar 2, 2023 11:37 pm

According to Wikipedia, Allegiant currently flies only A319's and A320's.

Be aware that Allegiant has no interline agreements with other carriers. If your flight is cancelled, your choices will be to take a refund, or to be transported on Allegiant's next available flight. (It looks like they fly SFB-PSM just twice a week.)

FWIW, there are some pretty reasonably priced one-ways from MCO to BOS on other carriers on certain dates in March, if those airports would work for you.

sam007 Mar 3, 2023 5:10 am

Originally Posted by guv1976 (Post 35057195)
According to Wikipedia, Allegiant currently flies only A319's and A320's.

Be aware that Allegiant has no interline agreements with other carriers. If your flight is cancelled, your choices will be to take a refund, or to be transported on Allegiant's next available flight. (It looks like they fly SFB-PSM just twice a week.)

FWIW, there are some pretty reasonably priced one-ways from MCO to BOS on other carriers on certain dates in March, if those airports would work for you.

Is there any website that publishes on time performance and cancelations over the last month? Floghtaware doesn’t show that data. Thanks l

mbstone Apr 19, 2023 10:18 pm

I haven't been here in a while and it so happens I am flying Allegiant, a bargain-basement carrier that has been around for many years. So little info about them on FT, can't figure out why. They do have a loyalty program FWIW.

E: They cxl'd my flight. Look, everyone knows G4 is a crap airline. But they offer actual 34" pitch (four extra inches of legroom) for an extra $8.

sam007 Apr 20, 2023 5:55 am

It was just fine and I flew Orlando to Portsmouth, clean airplanes, quick taxiing, just ignore their instructions when they say priority members boarding first as everybody does

Hornetcoach Apr 20, 2023 7:48 am

I have used Allegiant and I will do so again, no problems at all. They change their schedules a lot, so they will fly to a destination for a few months, then stop flying there for several months, then back again. My family has used them a lot to fly to Baltimore. Very cheap flights. My wife and I used them to fly to Michigan. We didn’t go the budget route, we booked their top fare with seat reservations and checked bags but the price was still much less than Delta and for a direct flight whereas Delta would have required a change and taken twice as long.

pseudoswede Apr 20, 2023 2:02 pm

They're like any ULCC. When things go as planned, it's a totally fine and inexpensive travel experience if you're willing to play by their nickel-and-dime rules. I'm not tall nor wide, so 28" seat pitch, 18" seat width, and no recline don't bother me very much for sub-3 hour flights. However, if things go sideways, it's a terrible experience.

koriana May 5, 2023 1:34 am

I’ve flown with them several times and having low expectations helps. It’s very no frills and it’s probably the route I’m on (Bellingham to Las Vegas) but a lot of bachelor party loud spring breaker types.

in my experience it’s been late half the time. One time it left earlier than the scheduled time so some people actually missed the flight. I didn’t even know this happens.