Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Information Desk
Reload this Page >

Chase Sapphire Preferred; Singapore Airlines

Old Jan 21, 23, 4:33 pm
Original Poster

Hi all, first time poster.
Got a call from Chase yesterday saying I was pre-approved for CSP/CSR, went in and got a CSP same day. I am starting a business venture overseas, and I'm going to be flying frequently back and forth from the States to SE Asia. I plan on flying out in April, and my goal is Singapore Airlines business class. What steps should I take to acquire that flight? I get 70k bonus points after 4k USD spent within 3 months; combined with the rest of my points, would that be enough to cover the flight? If not, could I combine points with cash? I've also heard that buying the flight outright, right now, with the card itself could be my best option. Any help from veteran KrisFlyer/Chase users who fly long-haul often would be greatly appreciated!
Old Jan 21, 23, 8:06 pm

Programs: UA
Do you have any other points? Is your travel date flexible?
MrTerin likes this.
Old Jan 21, 23, 10:50 pm
Original Poster

Travel date is very flexible. This is my first points card ever, so no points yet. Planning on churning until I hit my points bonus, probably within the next two months.
Old Jan 22, 23, 7:59 am

Have you signed up for a krisflyer account? Keep an eye out on availability for the dates you want to travel.

On another note, 70k points is not actually that many. If you might be persuaded away from the goal of Singapore Business class, I might suggest ANA business class, redeemed with Aeroplan, Avianca Lifemiles, or Virgin Atlantic.
Old Jan 22, 23, 6:54 pm
Original Poster

Thank you so much ! I'll definitely give that a try ! What's the most efficient way for me to transfer my Chase Points to ANA? Or do they transfer at the same ratio through any of those airlines?
Old Jan 23, 23, 7:26 am

You can't transfer Chase points to ANA. I would recommend finding award space before transferring any points.
Old Jan 23, 23, 1:27 pm

To get on ANA via Chase UR you will need to transfer points to Virgin and try to book via awards seats. I believe you might be able to transfer to British Airlines/Air Canada as well, but you need to search for flights that are operated by ANA and are available as awards seats.

Search this Thread