Reload this Page >

J fare sales on one world airlines BKK-DFW question

Old Jan 15, 23, 7:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: American Airlines

Is there any website I could use to monitor if there are such deals? Im looking for 1 way late November and the going rate seems to be about $3k plus or minus a few hundred.
Old Jan 16, 23, 3:09 am

Programs: Mucci, BAEC, Eurostar
You could set alerts on Google flights?
Old Jan 16, 23, 3:28 am

Programs: AA (EXP); among others :)
Also, airfarewatchdog.com, Skyscanner, Kayak all offer this feature. You'll need to register, though.
Old Jan 16, 23, 9:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

good tips, thanks guys.
Old Jan 16, 23, 9:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by bhomburg View Post
Also, airfarewatchdog.com, Skyscanner, Kayak all offer this feature. You'll need to register, though.
On skyscanner I was able to pull up a JL fare for $2776 that was $3200 on JL or AA. The lower fare was bookable via a website called snap travel. Should I be concerned this may be a fake site or that this air fare really is a phantom fare?
Old Jan 16, 23, 8:42 pm

Programs: Delta FO, TK Elite, Star Alliance Gold
Originally Posted by enviroian View Post
On skyscanner I was able to pull up a JL fare for $2776 that was $3200 on JL or AA. The lower fare was bookable via a website called snap travel. Should I be concerned this may be a fake site or that this air fare really is a phantom fare?
Buyer beware. Sites like Snap Travel, AranGrant, business-class.com, Justfly, etc are a total PITA if you have any issues at all with your flights, flight time changes, scheduling issues, etc. Customer service is non-existent to say the least.

Stick with ticketing through the airline if you want any type of peace of mind.
enviroian and alex67500 like this.
Old Jan 17, 23, 12:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by RetiredATLATC View Post
Buyer beware. Sites like Snap Travel, AranGrant, business-class.com, Justfly, etc are a total PITA if you have any issues at all with your flights, flight time changes, scheduling issues, etc. Customer service is non-existent to say the least.

Stick with ticketing through the airline if you want any type of peace of mind.
Yep sounds like it. Of course sticking booking the airline voids out all of those sites at the same time.

I will dabble with google.com/flights and see what their fare alert is like and how it works. I like google for flights because unlike the above sites it provides a link to book directly on that airline.
Old Jan 17, 23, 6:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by enviroian View Post
As long as you know you are going ... make no changes etc., these are perfectly fine and can save a lot of money. Any re-routings, re-bookings, schedule changes/cancellations are not easy.

Search this Thread