Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Information Desk
Reload this Page >

Anyone ever use a miles redemption service?

Old Jan 13, 23, 9:09 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AAPLT 2MM, Bonvoy PLT, NYT Monday crossword puzzle solver extraordinaire

Hi all, Mods please move if inappropriate in this forum.
I'm a regular AA flyer, not too experienced with cross OneWorld redemptions, and could use a little direction. My normal situation is, I book and pay on AA, and fly on AA either with miles or paying cash. I've only actually booked and flown on BA maybe two or three times in my life. I think I have 420 lifetime tier points, while I'm at almost 2.7M lifetime miles with AA.

I want to book DFW-XXX-BKK, however I need to route. I'm in the middle of a breakup, moving out of a house, living in a temp apartment (flat) and my printer and most of my belongings are in storage. Oh, and my dog died a couple months ago! (That's true, and I thought it might elicit a little more help! ) I have 290k Avios, about 110k AA miles, and would like to book one J ticket for myself.

I don't really have time to do the research myself at the moment, so has anyone here had experience with using a booking redemption service, like Juicy Miles, and what was your response?
Old Jan 14, 23, 11:13 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAdvantage | MileagePlus
Take a look at the Award booking services - a list and some reviews thread in the Travel Tools forum.
Old Jan 15, 23, 1:02 pm

Programs: AA ExPl, DL PM, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, probably some others
Originally Posted by NotDuncan View Post
Hi all, Mods please move if inappropriate in this forum.
I'm a regular AA flyer, not too experienced with cross OneWorld redemptions, and could use a little direction. My normal situation is, I book and pay on AA, and fly on AA either with miles or paying cash. I've only actually booked and flown on BA maybe two or three times in my life. I think I have 420 lifetime tier points, while I'm at almost 2.7M lifetime miles with AA.

I want to book DFW-XXX-BKK, however I need to route. I'm in the middle of a breakup, moving out of a house, living in a temp apartment (flat) and my printer and most of my belongings are in storage. Oh, and my dog died a couple months ago! (That's true, and I thought it might elicit a little more help! ) I have 290k Avios, about 110k AA miles, and would like to book one J ticket for myself.

I don't really have time to do the research myself at the moment, so has anyone here had experience with using a booking redemption service, like Juicy Miles, and what was your response?
Juicy Miles no longer exists and is now point.me, a booking system that searches multiple airlines at once for award possibilities for a monthly fee. You may want to try that on your own before paying a redemption service more money to find you a routing.
Old Jan 15, 23, 9:40 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AAPLT 2MM, Bonvoy PLT, NYT Monday crossword puzzle solver extraordinaire
Originally Posted by steveholt View Post
Juicy Miles no longer exists and is now point.me, a booking system that searches multiple airlines at once for award possibilities for a monthly fee. You may want to try that on yourown before paying a redemption service more money to find you a routing.
Thanks, I saw that when I went to the site. Anyway, they're offering a one time fee of $200 to book me a flight. I wouldn't pay a monthly fee.

Both AA and BA websites show no availability for miles redemptions, but plenty of cash flights. Problem is they are over $11k for J.

Search this Thread