Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Information Desk
Reload this Page >

Can ANA be redeemed with Chase UR?

Can ANA be redeemed with Chase UR?

Old Jan 12, 23, 1:11 pm
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jan 2023
Posts: 9
Can ANA be redeemed with Chase UR?

I've looked online and it says you can find ANA award availability through Aeroplan or Virgin Atlantic but I've searched for flights and don't see any ANA on those platforms. I've used Seats.aero and it doesn't so anything either. What's the best way to book this?
Redpartyhat is offline  
Old Jan 12, 23, 1:15 pm
  #2  
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Aurora, CO
Programs: Statusless and proud
Posts: 7,098
Originally Posted by Redpartyhat View Post
I've looked online and it says you can find ANA award availability through Aeroplan or Virgin Atlantic but I've searched for flights and don't see any ANA on those platforms. I've used Seats.aero and it doesn't so anything either. What's the best way to book this?
For Virgin specifically, you have to call after you've found availability on another site (e.g. united.com).
JayhawkCO is online now  
Old Jan 12, 23, 1:16 pm
  #3  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jan 2023
Posts: 9
Originally Posted by JayhawkCO View Post
For Virgin specifically, you have to call after you've found availability on another site (e.g. united.com).
​​​​​​​What other platforms outside of United? What about ANA's website directly?
Redpartyhat is offline  
Old Jan 12, 23, 1:29 pm
  #4  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: MEL CHC
Posts: 19,608
Originally Posted by Redpartyhat View Post
I've looked online and it says you can find ANA award availability through Aeroplan or Virgin Atlantic but I've searched for flights and don't see any ANA on those platforms. I've used Seats.aero and it doesn't so anything either. What's the best way to book this?
Originally Posted by Redpartyhat View Post
​​​​​​​What other platforms outside of United? What about ANA's website directly?
If you have ff miles in Aeroplan, Virgin Atlantic or any other ffp you can only book awards via that ffp. By the web site or phone.

Because an airline has a seat for cash sale does not mean it is available for award. Award availability, for a specific flight, can differ between ffp's. Not unusual for the home airlines ffp to have more award availability for its own freq flyers and less for ff partners.

A broad guide-->www.awardhacker.com
====
Credit card transfer links=====
OP's other threads on these trips
Advice - What US airline should I commit to if I plan to fly SQ long-term?
New York to Singapore best route?

Last edited by Mwenenzi; Jan 12, 23 at 1:38 pm
Mwenenzi is offline  
Old Jan 12, 23, 3:37 pm
  #5  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jan 2023
Posts: 9
Are there any tools to find award availability on Aeroplan/Virgin for ANA? Do you know when the availability gets released?
Redpartyhat is offline  
Old Jan 13, 23, 7:36 am
  #6  
 
Join Date: Feb 2022
Location: LAX
Programs: UA
Posts: 909
ANA releases a small number of awards at beginning of schedule (355 days out). However, most other programs only allow you go out to 330 days, so there is an exclusivity period of about a month. Then, there may be additional availability closer to departure, but that varies based on how fully booked things are.
angetenar is offline  
Old Jan 13, 23, 11:37 am
  #7  
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Aurora, CO
Programs: Statusless and proud
Posts: 7,098
Originally Posted by Redpartyhat View Post
What other platforms outside of United? What about ANA's website directly?
You can certainly use ANA's website directly, although I find it much clunkier than just using united.com.

Originally Posted by Redpartyhat View Post
Are there any tools to find award availability on Aeroplan/Virgin for ANA? Do you know when the availability gets released?
ExpertFlyer is a tool that you can set up alerts for award space. But as someone else mentioned, ANA releases to their own members at 355 days where Virgin and *A carries only see it at 330 days. So you have to keep that in mind.
JayhawkCO is online now  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread