Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Information Desk
Reload this Page >

Singapore Airlines business class

Old Nov 16, 22, 4:33 pm
Original Poster

Hi,

I am in planning mode for next Summer (June or July) to SGN (Vietnam) flying out of LAX. I have the points to transfer to Singapore airlines for 4 business class (2 adult and 2 child). The reward is available with layover/stop over in Singapore and we're okay with that. The current rate is 128k per person in the June/July. I was curious if there is another option outside of booking through Singapore directly. I search with BA and had no luck. Can anyone offer other recommendation that I overlooked?
The point is coming from Capital one and Citibank via a transfer.

I do have miles with Chase and BA as well if that helps.

Thank you in advance!

PS: Prefer business class if all possible - celebrating the wife's 40th birthday.
Old Nov 16, 22, 4:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ponickka View Post
Hi,

I am in planning mode for next Summer (June or July) to SGN (Vietnam) flying out of LAX. I have the points to transfer to Singapore airlines for 4 business class (2 adult and 2 child). The reward is available with layover/stop over in Singapore and we're okay with that. The current rate is 128k per person in the June/July. I was curious if there is another option outside of booking through Singapore directly. I search with BA and had no luck. Can anyone offer other recommendation that I overlooked?

Thank you in advance!

PS: Prefer business class if all possible - celebrating the wife's 40th birthday.
Getting 4 business class award on the same flight is *very* hard with any ffp/airline.
You may need to split your party 2 and 2 on different days/routes/airlines/ffp's.
BA & SQ are in opposing alliances. BAEC has MH, CX & JL as partners
What ffp's are you a member of now? Status/ff balance?

Wikipedia for SGN, but may not be up to date-- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tan_So...tional_Airport

A guide-->https://www.awardhacker.com/#f=LAX&t...=0&c=j&s=1&p=1

Credit card transfer links

Last edited by Mwenenzi; Nov 16, 22 at 4:55 pm
Old Nov 17, 22, 8:04 am

Programs: UA
Can anyone offer other recommendation that I overlooked?
Alternatives:
ANA or JAL via HND or NRT
Asiana or Korean via ICN
China Airways or EVA via TPE
Cathay via HKG
There are also options going the long way around via Europe/Middle East, but if you are traveling with kids, this may not be desirable.
Old Nov 17, 22, 11:37 am
Original Poster

FFP with most airlines but no status - depending on transferring miles from Capital one/Citi or Chase to Singapore.
Old Nov 18, 22, 9:56 am

Hi,

Thank you in advance!

If u want Singapore airlines, look for saver awards of 107k. If not, Id just book sgn to lax for 128500 x4.

other options is use aa or ba to book lax to nrt (60k as biz now in June), then book cash flight to dad or sgn.
Old Nov 18, 22, 10:45 am
Community Director

I have successfully booked Singapore on AS for fewer points but it doesn't sound as though you have AS points. I've searched on United and never seen the award seats I've found directly on Singapore or AS. I find availability on the Singapore website that I don't see elsewhere. I would check for availability on the Singapore website. If you find the flights you want with the number of seats you want, I would transfer points now to secure them. Availability is quite transient.

Search this Thread