Reload this Page >

NYC to SJD (Cabo San Lucas)

Old Sep 11, 22, 9:23 am
Original Poster

Programs: Chase, Avios, Delta, United, Marriot, Hilton

Hello,

I have all these points, but have been trying to use them for trips throughout the year, but it's so hard to figure out how to use them. Can someone please help?

I want to go from NYC (any airport) to SJD (Cabo San Lucas) from Nov 11-14

I have 400k Chase Sapphire Ultimate Rewards
180k British Airway Avios Rewards ---> they partner with American Airlines, so I checked the reward availability on the Avios site ... seems like nothing is available?!?
80k Marriott Rewards
200k Hilton Honors Rewards
Maybe 80k Delta rewards between my wife and I

I see that American Airlines and Jet Blue fly direct to SJD. Hoping for a direct flight if possible.

Thanks for your help!
Old Sep 11, 22, 10:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Welcome to FlyerTalk!

Your best bet at this point might be to either:

1. Use your UR points as cash to book the nonstops on AA and/or JetBlue (you don't have to use the same airline in both directions) via the Chase travel portal; or
2. Transfer UR points to JetBlue, and then redeem for JetBlue flights.

You'd have to crunch the numbers to see which is the most cost effective.

If you expect to fly AA in the future, you would be wise to consider getting a Barclays or Citi AA credit card that earns AAdvantage miles. BA Avios can only be redeemed for award travel on AA when AA is offering "MileSAAver" award seats; those are often not available. AA is offering MileSAAver seats on a connection from LGA to SJD on the morning of November 11, but for some reason, BA is not showing that connection as available. (The BA award-booking engine often has trouble displaying connecting-flight award availability on AA. If you would consider that connection, you might try calling BA to see if a phone agent can see the availability.)

Good luck!

Search this Thread