Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Information Desk
Reload this Page >

Seat selection on Air NZ Codeshare flight

Old Sep 11, 22, 2:41 am
Original Poster

Programs: Air NZ

I booked Air NZ flights via Expedia from Seoul to Auckland transiting in Tokyo. The Seoul – Tokyo leg is a codeshare flight operated by Aseana Airlines. I really want a window seat on this flight because it is a daytime flight and I want to see Mt Fuji on the way into Tokyo.

I was not offered seating options when I booked - so I went onto the Air NZ website to see if I could select seats. I was able to select a seat on the Tokyo – Auckland leg but when I tried to select a seat on the Seoul – Tokyo leg I got the message “Seat Selection Unavailable – you will be assigned a seat “free of charge” at check in”

I suspect that by the time I get to check in at the airport, I will have missed the opportunity for a window seat and I’m not traveling 20k plus each way just to go to the airport in advance of my trip to try and get my window seat.

Of course, I have tried to call Air NZ, even at 3am NZ time and after waiting over an hour, I’ve given up on that. My next option is to call Aseana direct but, not speaking Korean I’m not sure how I’ll get on there – does anyone have any ideas? My flight is in 3 days
Old Sep 11, 22, 3:14 am

First world problems...😎
Old Sep 11, 22, 9:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: Air NZ
4vi4tion, if you have nothing constructive to say, please just say nothing. I'm not a frequent flyer - so it's important to me...
Old Sep 11, 22, 2:40 pm

Originally Posted by Whitepaw View Post
4vi4tion, if you have nothing constructive to say, please just say nothing. I'm not a frequent flyer - so it's important to me...
Whatever...

Search this Thread