Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Information Desk
Reload this Page >

Caribbean destination using points but no to low tax/surcharge?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 10, 2022, 10:25 am
Original Poster

Hey all,

I'm trying to find a Caribbean destination to fly to using points but that won't cost me an arm and a leg for tax and surcharge...

I am open to anything but hopefully someone can suggest a good option with Amex point transfer since I have tons of those.
Old Aug 10, 2022, 12:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by bklgafly
Hey all,

I'm trying to find a Caribbean destination to fly to using points but that won't cost me an arm and a leg for tax and surcharge...

I am open to anything but hopefully someone can suggest a good option with Amex point transfer since I have tons of those.
Puerto Rico or the Virgin Islands (STT, STX) should work. But be sure to compare cash fares with the cost of mileage redemptions before transferring any of your valuable MR points.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.