Wiki Posts
Search

JFK Terminal 8, domestic to international

Search this Thread

Old Jun 27, 2022, 8:03 am
Original Poster

JFK Terminal 8, domestic to international

Good morning,
We are flying AA from DCA to JFK and then JFK to FCO on July 7. With all the flight changes made by AA we are now left with a 2 hour window between the two flights. According to Special Assistance that "should be plenty of time"... Our concern is how long it takes to get from arrivals to departures in Terminal 8; the map isn't very helpful! We will check our main baggage through from DCA to FCO but will have a couple of carry-ons as well as my husband's mobility scooter. That will have to be brought up to us before he can exit the plane and experience tells us we are normally the very last people off the flight and have the flight crew standing around waiting for us to clear the jetway. There are no other options out of DC that day. We can either 1) keep the flight and pray, 2) go the day before and have to stay in an off-site hotel or 3) change our flight from DCA to RIC and sit around JFK for 6 hours. We are seasoned domestic flyers but this is just our second international flight out of JFK and time was an ally the last trip we took. Any thoughts would help a lot. Thanks!
Old Jun 27, 2022, 8:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
There is no separate area for domestic arrivals and international departures; it's just a question of which gates AA will be using for your DCA arrival and your FCO departure on your day of travel. AA's flight status for today's flights indicates that your DCA flight will arrive at Gate 35, and your FCO flight will depart from Gate 5. These two gates are in different concourses in Terminal 8; I would probably allow 15-20 minutes to make the transfer if, on your day of travel, you have to switch concourses.
PNO4TE likes this.
Old Jun 27, 2022, 8:49 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by guv1976
There is no separate area for domestic arrivals and international departures; it's just a question of which gates AA will be using for your DCA arrival and your FCO departure on your day of travel. AA's flight status for today's flights indicates that your DCA flight will arrive at Gate 35, and your FCO flight will depart from Gate 5. These two gates are in different concourses in Terminal 8; I would probably allow 15-20 minutes to make the transfer if, on your day of travel, you have to switch concourses.
Thank you! If things are running on time (I know, I know) that would certainly be doable.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.