FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Information Desk (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/information-desk-730/)
-   -   Heathrow T3 to T5 VIP Transfer (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/information-desk/2083737-heathrow-t3-t5-vip-transfer.html)

ukchris Jun 20, 2022 9:10 am

Heathrow T3 to T5 VIP Transfer

I realize there is a Heathrow "Black" service that is a couple of thousand dollars and includes transfer, lounge, meals etc - I was curious if there are any other expedited airside options for T3 to T5 transfers? Other than the train/bus what are peoples thoughts, any other airside options? Uber? We have 2.5 hours and bags will be checked through (AA/BA itinerary) but wondered if there were relatively affordable alternatives.

There seem to be a lot of companies showing up when searching "Heathrow VIP Transfer" that feature connection services but what they offer doesn't seem terribly clear.

Chris,

:D! Jun 20, 2022 10:35 am

There's only one way to transfer airside, the flight connections buses operated by the airport. There is no need to pay for anything, just follow the purple signs.

Well, if you are truly a VIP then you could be picked up at the aircraft door by car, given a private security screening and then be driven to your next aircraft. But if you were eligible for this you wouldn't need to ask on a public forum.

All other routes between terminals are landside.

Note that airside transfer from T3 to T5 does not avoid having to go through security again, you would only bypass immigration (unless your flight is domestic or to Ireland/Jersey).

A search for companies offering "Heathrow VIP transfer" is likely to be talking about a taxi service from your accommodation in the UK to and from the airport.

ukchris Jun 20, 2022 10:40 am

Originally Posted by :D! (Post 34352675)
Well, if you are truly a VIP then you could be picked up at the aircraft door by car, given a private security screening and then be driven to your next aircraft. But if you were eligible for this you wouldn't need to ask on a public forum.

That would be the VIP service that anyone can book, everyone is eligible, it's just more than I need in my case - and yes, it's a little expensive too. Tempted to leave the airport and get get an Uber but we'll see/

steveholt Jun 20, 2022 10:48 pm

Originally Posted by ukchris (Post 34352691)
That would be the VIP service that anyone can book, everyone is eligible, it's just more than I need in my case - and yes, it's a little expensive too. Tempted to leave the airport and get get an Uber but we'll see/

Why would you do this? The flight connection buses allow you to stay airside and are relatively easy transfers. You would rather go through immigration and reclear security so you can walk into the parking garage and take an Uber (who won't be thrilled in the slightest with a short fare) to take that same trip landside?

ukchris Jun 21, 2022 7:11 am

Originally Posted by steveholt (Post 34354413)
Why would you do this? The flight connection buses allow you to stay airside and are relatively easy transfers. You would rather go through immigration and reclear security so you can walk into the parking garage and take an Uber (who won't be thrilled in the slightest with a short fare) to take that same trip landside?

Just curious, the web site says to allow 90 minutes for a T2 to T5 transfer, if there were a way to make sure and do it much faster then that time is valuable to me.

steveholt Jun 21, 2022 7:38 am

Originally Posted by ukchris (Post 34355225)
Just curious, the web site says to allow 90 minutes for a T2 to T5 transfer, if there were a way to make sure and do it much faster then that time is valuable to me.

You're suggesting to forego the fastest, most reliable option for a slower, less reliable, more arduous alternative.

MSPeconomist Jun 21, 2022 1:47 pm

T3 immigration can take a long time.

Depending on your travel dates, the UK train strike could make taxis, Ubers, etc. very scarce.

I would not risk going landside.

:D! Jun 21, 2022 2:00 pm

Originally Posted by ukchris (Post 34355225)

Taking the free flight connection buses provided by the airport is guaranteed to get you to T5 within 30 minutes of walking off your plane (as long as you don't dawdle). But how long it takes to go through security at T5 is not guaranteed.

If you for some reason want to subject yourself to immigration then that might take 30-60 minutes.