Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Information Desk
Reload this Page >

PREcheck and Global Entry in Europe.

Old May 24, 22, 9:29 am
Original Poster

We havenít traveled to Europe since right before Covid. Now prepping for a river cruise.
On another site, someone posted that having TSA PRECheck helped her get through AMS security quickly. Unless something has changed, I donít believe PREcheck works at AMS or anywhere else outside the US. She also mentioned she was in business class, which is probably the reason she was in the premium line.
But IS there some new program in EU that accepts TSAPre? (We will be returning out of AMS.)

Similar question regarding Global Entry. I have read there is a German ďEasyPassĒ that is free to US Global Entry members. But you have to apply in person at a German Airport. Itís suppose to take only ten minutes but we have only 1:25 connection time in Munich on our upcoming trip.
I read thereís another EU program that allows Global Entry holders to go through the same border control line as EU citizens. (Or, at least, an expedited line.) I canít recall the name now.
Is there such a program? Privium, or something like that?

Thanks!
Old May 24, 22, 7:43 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAdvantage | MileagePlus
Originally Posted by Kensterfly View Post
On another site, someone posted that having TSA PRECheck helped her get through AMS security quickly. Unless something has changed, I donít believe PREcheck works at AMS or anywhere else outside the US.
That is correct. Let me just add that the last time that we were in the EU, pre-pandemic, as we were questioned by the American Airlines security person at the airport on our way home, once he found out that we both had Global Entry, there were no additional questions.

Search this Thread