Wiki Posts
Search

AA Customer Relations Ran Out The Clock On Our Vouchers

Search this Thread

Old May 23, 2022, 1:48 pm
Original Poster

Programs: American Airlines
Exclamation AA Customer Relations Ran Out The Clock On Our Vouchers

Nov 2019 a month before our trip AA partner airline, Avianca, cancelled our flight and AA booked us on new flights, the cost difference in our favor was $1250/person x 2 ppl. We were supposed to get an email voucher, but it didn’t show. We contacted AA several times in 2020 concerned the voucher would expire, they kept extending the deadline and didn’t send us the email. I tried to use the vouchers multiple times in 2021 but the Res agents couldn’t use them as Customer Relations had not sent the email yet. We emailed CR for the voucher and received an email back that they were working on it. Continued to receive monthly automated emails that they were working on it. Felt okay bc we had done what we considered our due diligence by contacting CR. Was a bit pissed that we couldn’t use the vouchers for a trip in early 2022 and had to pay for new tix instead. Sent them another email when that happened and continued to receive the automated “we’re working on it” emails tho a bit concerned as the vouchers would run out in March 2022. Thing Is, there is no phone number to call, only an email which sends an automated response. Mid-March the auto emails stopped coming. We contacted AA CR and they said the vouchers expired and they wouldn’t renew. We pointed out the number of times we tried fo use them and the emails we sent, they refuse to renew the vouchers or take ownership of the fact that they ran the clock out on us and kept our $2500!

any thoughts?

thank you!.
Old May 23, 2022, 2:10 pm

Programs: AA ExPl, DL PM, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, probably some others
You should have done something more than send an e-mail to Customer Relations. Calling AA reservations or e-mailing AA corporate after not receiving the vouchers after a month or two would have been the way to go. You have all these e-mails documented, so I suppose you could file a claim in small claims court.
Old May 23, 2022, 3:19 pm
Original Poster

Programs: American Airlines
Originally Posted by steveholt
You should have done something more than send an e-mail to Customer Relations. Calling AA reservations or e-mailing AA corporate after not receiving the vouchers after a month or two would have been the way to go. You have all these e-mails documented, so I suppose you could file a claim in small claims court.

I tried several times with reservations and Advantage program and they all said email CR. Hadn’t thought about small claims court.
Old May 23, 2022, 4:05 pm

Programs: AA ExPl, DL PM, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, probably some others
Originally Posted by Ungerstravel
I tried several times with reservations and Advantage program and they all said email CR. Hadn’t thought about small claims court.
Did you tell reservations that CR wasn't responding? Ask for a supervisor? Try corporate? I feel bad that you went through that, but if you hadn't received that voucher in the first few weeks after you were told you would receive it, you needed to pursue a different path.

Furthermore, and maybe this is why there's an issue at hand, Avianca isn't an AA partner. Are you sure that you're not talking about a different airline?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.