Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Information Desk
Reload this Page >

BA Flights Cancelled - Booked through 3'rd Party - Advice Needed

Old May 8, 2022, 6:27 am
Original Poster

Hi All,

I hope all is well. (Very) long time lurker, first-time poster etc.

In August 2021, my friend and I booked return flights to Barcelona (BCN) with BA from LHR - BA 474 on June 8th 2022, and returning on BA 487 on June 12th 2022. In the past fortnight, we were informed by BA that these flights had been cancelled, and would, therefore, need to change the respective flights or take a refund.

Unfortunately, we made the particularly amateur (it seems) error of booking our flights via a third party, in this case eDreams. BA have informed us that in order to adjust our booking, any changes would have to be made via eDreams themselves, and it is not something they would be able to assist with directly.

The customer service & support from eDreams to date has been utterly dreadful - they request any changes to be made via their Live Chat support, however, you cannot be put in contact with an agent unless it is 15 days until departure. The team are also unresponsive to email, and it is not possible to be connected via phone. In this interim period where we have attempted to contact eDreams, alternate BA flights on these dates have continuously booked up, and it looks like our only alternative will be to ask to be transferred to a Vueling flight from LGW or take a refund and take a 1-stop/2-stop journey via Ryanair etc.

I was wondering if anyone on the forum had any advice as to what I should do in this scenario, and what my rights are also? With exactly a month until departure, this is something I would be looking to resolve ASAP as it is starting to cause some stress!

Many thanks.
Old May 8, 2022, 12:32 pm

Programs: SE+, OWS
Originally Posted by Vishmister
I was wondering if anyone on the forum had any advice.
I was wondering if people will finally realise they are supposed to book tickets with airline directly instead of saving a few dollars to book via questionable companies.
Old May 8, 2022, 9:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Vishmister
I hope all is well. (Very) long time lurker, first-time poster etc.

In August 2021, my friend and I booked return flights to Barcelona (BCN) with BA from LHR - BA 474 on June 8th 2022, and returning on BA 487 on June 12th 2022. In the past fortnight, we were informed by BA that these flights had been cancelled, and would, therefore, need to change the respective flights or take a refund.

Unfortunately, we made the particularly amateur (it seems) error of booking our flights via a third party, in this case eDreams. BA have informed us that in order to adjust our booking, any changes would have to be made via eDreams themselves, and it is not something they would be able to assist with directly.

The customer service & support from eDreams to date has been utterly dreadful - they request any changes to be made via their Live Chat support, however, you cannot be put in contact with an agent unless it is 15 days until departure. The team are also unresponsive to email, and it is not possible to be connected via phone. In this interim period where we have attempted to contact eDreams, alternate BA flights on these dates have continuously booked up, and it looks like our only alternative will be to ask to be transferred to a Vueling flight from LGW or take a refund and take a 1-stop/2-stop journey via Ryanair etc.

I was wondering if anyone on the forum had any advice as to what I should do in this scenario, and what my rights are also? With exactly a month until departure, this is something I would be looking to resolve ASAP as it is starting to cause some stress!
LHR BCN is a short cheap flight.
One option if flights LHR/LGW/LCY/STN to BCN are becoming hard to get/expensive is to book what you can now.
And hope for a (partial?) refund from edreams. They may have a fee in addition to BA. But be prepared to get nothing back.

https://www.productreview.com.au/listings/edreams
https://www.tripadvisor.com.au/ShowT...ir_Travel.html
https://www.complaintsboard.com/edreams-b105699
https://complain.biz/edreams/
Vishmister likes this.

Last edited by Mwenenzi; May 8, 2022 at 9:09 pm
Old May 9, 2022, 9:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
Ask for refund; if no reply file a chargeback with cc.
Buy new tickets. There should be plenty of options between LON and BCN; most likely cheaper than tickets bought last year.
Vishmister likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.