Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Information Desk
Reload this Page >

Award booking service on retainer?

Old May 6, 22, 9:00 am
Original Poster

I am very familiar with award booking, and have been doing this over 10 years. However, as our schedule has become more flexible and our travels more frequent and , I dont have as much time to look for awards for every trip. I had an idea and I wonder if there is a service can help.

We generally travel every 4-6 weeks, and don't really care where so long as we haven't been there before, it's safe, there is stuff to do, and it's a good time to go. There are some parameters (usually trips are Th-following Sunday, overnight TATL/TPAC flights preferred, and in J or better), but other than that we are pretty easy.
I made a table of best destinations for every month that could be used as a reference.

As we are used to collect miles for 4 people, and now there are only 2 of us traveling, I have enough miles in most alliances (and especially MR and UR) to make this work.
Is there a service that might be interested in doing this, and what kind of subscription fee/retainer that would reasonable?
Old May 7, 22, 12:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by stevento View Post
I am very familiar with award booking, and have been doing this over 10 years. However, as our schedule has become more flexible and our travels more frequent and , I don't have as much time to look for awards for every trip. I had an idea and I wonder if there is a service can help.

We generally travel every 4-6 weeks, and don't really care where so long as we haven't been there before, it's safe, there is stuff to do, and it's a good time to go. There are some parameters (usually trips are Th-following Sunday, overnight TATL/TPAC flights preferred, and in J or better), but other than that we are pretty easy.
I made a table of best destinations for every month that could be used as a reference.

As we are used to collect miles for 4 people, and now there are only 2 of us traveling, I have enough miles in most alliances (and especially MR and UR) to make this work.
Is there a service that might be interested in doing this, and what kind of subscription fee/retainer that would reasonable?
A real travel agent charging a fee per hr or fee per service. But a TA, like you, could spend a long time researching with no guarantee of success to met your criteria.
And-->Award booking services - a list and some reviews
Old May 8, 22, 9:37 am

Originally Posted by stevento View Post
I am very familiar with award booking, and have been doing this over 10 years. However, as our schedule has become more flexible and our travels more frequent and , I dont have as much time to look for awards for every trip. I had an idea and I wonder if there is a service can help.

Have you used an awards travel booking service before?

is your objective to have a response immediately available? Or Are you thinking it might be more economical in the long run?

You have way more experience in this than I, but to me the people I have used seemed incredibly knowledgeable. The first time, I used a frequent flyer enthusiast who was getting ready to enter law school. After that I used award Magic a few times. Since I find award booking a bit confusing, and I don’t have a lot of spare time, I considered it to be of great value for me and hope to be in a position to use them again.

Generally an email is required on their online form. Then, in a day or two, they will be back in touch, and it results in one or more long Phone calls. So I don’t know if having someone on a retainer would make that process quicker, or not.

The guy who was about to enter law school, he had an online chat thing, so if you caught him when he was there, you could initiate a discussion on the spot. But he decided to devote all his energy to the law and gave up award travel booking.

Award magic, they seem to delegate out to different bookers the requests. I think you can ask to get the same person again if they are available.

I hope this helps.

Search this Thread