Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Information Desk
Reload this Page >

Which Sky Team/One World airline offers easiest premium tier benefits?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26, 2022, 11:03 pm
Original Poster

I'm Diamond Asiana of Star Alliance, which is SA Gold. I'm considering an airline of Sky Team to park my mileage since Asiana will be gone. Which Sky Team/One World airline should I choose to fly from LAX to Asia that is easiest to climb the tier ladder as Asiana Diamond tier? TIA.
Old Apr 26, 2022, 11:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by catennacio
I'm Diamond Asiana of Star Alliance, which is SA Gold. I'm considering an airline of Sky Team to park my mileage since Asiana will be gone.
Which Sky Team/One World airline should I choose to fly from LAX to Asia that is easiest to climb the tier ladder as Asiana Diamond tier?
What is your travel profile over a say a year? One LAX-Asia flight is not a good basis to select a new ffp.
Which airlines fly to your destinations?
Objectives from a ffp?

Old Apr 26, 2022, 11:45 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Mwenenzi
What is your travel profile over a say a year? One LAX-Asia flight is not a good basis to select a new ffp.
Which airlines fly to your destinations?
Objectives from a ffp?

i fly a few times a year from/to LAX to/from SNA, SIN. I've been with Asiana. Objective is to get benefits like extra bgs and lounge visits, just like what Star Alliance Diamond tier currently offers.
Old Apr 26, 2022, 11:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by catennacio
I fly a few times a year from/to LAX to/from SNA, SIN. I've been with Asiana. Objective is to get benefits like extra bags and lounge visits, just like what Star Alliance Diamond tier currently offers.
What class of travel?
The USA airlines AA/UA/DL revenue based and different rules for other airline flights. So getting status can be hard.

For those you will need mid-top tier status. You could try for another Star alliance ffp.

https://www.oneworld.com/travel-benefits
https://www.skyteam.com/en/about/faq/elite-elite-plus
catennacio likes this.
Old Apr 27, 2022, 4:20 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
To fly LAX-SIN on SkyTeam, the main routes would be either to connect onto KE at ICN or to MU at PVG (pre-COVID-19 of course). Some here like China Air, based in Taiwan, too, but their routes are somewhat more limited.
catennacio likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.